Wikiposts

457 visa.

Old Oct 1st 2012, 4:13 am
Roving Donny fan.

Location: Doncaster, UK. But not for long!!! Where's my visa!!!
glynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really nice
Default 457 visa.

I am currently trying to gain a 457 visa, it has been more difficult than expected and I seem to be getting different information that is making me wonder if I want to work for this company. I have been offered work by several different companies so what I am wondering is, could I go to Australia on a holiday/visit visa and re-apply for a 457 visa while there?

I have been an expat for 4 years and have moved back to the uk temporary and am staying with friends but am starting to get under their feet now, this is why I am considering going to Aus to complete a fresh 457 visa if required.
Old Oct 1st 2012, 7:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 457 visa.

It is not the preferred way of doing things, tourist visas are for tourists and if a border control officer suspected that tourism was not your intention you could be turned away.

What I don't understand is why you want to do this? You have indicated that you have several offers of work (presume you mean sponsorship too), so I cannot think of any reason why you need to go to Australia to lodge your visa application. Do it from where you are like most people do.
Old Oct 1st 2012, 8:49 am
Roving Donny fan.

Location: Doncaster, UK. But not for long!!! Where's my visa!!!
glynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really nice

The company already have lodged an application, it has taken 4 months now after they told me it would take 3/4 weeks. I left Egypt to return to the UK to sort out the paperwork,contract was signed and nomination approved.

It does now seem to be getting processed.

If it does not then I can no longer stay with friends (after 4 months of begging a bed) So I would rather spend my time in Australia getting used to my next posting.
Old Oct 1st 2012, 9:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to behold

4 months for a 457?

Are you sure that's right?
Old Oct 6th 2012, 8:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by g.charwak
Hello Friends,
I hope you could help me out in this issue. I am looking for job sponsorship (457).I was applying for many jobs but all of them replied me stating they need candidates residing in Australia. I am tired of applying for the jobs anymore and have decided to come to Australia on a tourist visa and look for jobs(as suggested by many).I want you guys to help me or suggest me with some information on how to get a job sponsorship while on tourist visa in Australia. Can you please give me some idea on how far it is easy to find a sponsor while in Australia, whom to contact and how to approach. It would be of great help if you could give me some feedback on this issue. Thank you.
Fourth time I have read this. I am going to put you on ignore you annoying person. Posting over and over isn't going to get you any help, it is just going to tick people off.