457 Scare

Old May 11th 2008, 10:57 pm
I'm really a monkey!

Normal for Norfolk is just really niceNormal for Norfolk is just really niceNormal for Norfolk is just really niceNormal for Norfolk is just really niceNormal for Norfolk is just really niceNormal for Norfolk is just really niceNormal for Norfolk is just really niceNormal for Norfolk is just really niceNormal for Norfolk is just really niceNormal for Norfolk is just really niceNormal for Norfolk is just really nice
Default 457 Scare

We naively thought this would easy and would sail through quickly but it was nearly 4 weeks ago that we had our XRays, which immigration have confirmed receipt of along with all other docs, but still no visa. Thought that as employer sponsored it would go through automatically but due to delay beginning to think that we may get rejected! Anyone know rough processing times following all documents sent? Getting anxious as job commences late July!
Old May 11th 2008, 11:36 pm
The Mango King

Antney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to all
Default Re: 457 Scare

Hi,

I'm pretty sure that 457's are taking about 6 weeks to be approved.

Antney
Old May 12th 2008, 12:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute

Dont panic,
They have a lot of applicants for 457, they can take anything from 4 weeks to 8weeks depending on how busy they are.

Gems
Old May 12th 2008, 12:45 am
Melbourne Rock City

rubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of light

...or 8 months....
Old May 12th 2008, 12:51 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Normal for Norfolk
Thought that as employer sponsored it would go through automatically
A job offer does not automatically make you eligible for a 457 visa.
Old May 12th 2008, 6:26 am
I'm really a monkey!

Normal for Norfolk is just really niceNormal for Norfolk is just really niceNormal for Norfolk is just really niceNormal for Norfolk is just really niceNormal for Norfolk is just really niceNormal for Norfolk is just really niceNormal for Norfolk is just really niceNormal for Norfolk is just really niceNormal for Norfolk is just really niceNormal for Norfolk is just really niceNormal for Norfolk is just really nice

Originally Posted by JAJ
A job offer does not automatically make you eligible for a 457 visa.
Thank you all for your responses - not unusual at all then by sounds of it. If we don't get it then that's fate!
Old May 12th 2008, 10:53 am
Forum Regular

wbbugs will become famous soon enough

Submitted my 457 online on the 2nd of april. Sent meds/xrays 3 weeks ago Visa approval yesterday.
Old May 12th 2008, 11:44 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you all for your responses - not unusual at all then by sounds of it. If we don't get it then that's fate!
No, it's not "fate" but rather a question of whether you meet the requirements or not. (have you checked?)
Old May 12th 2008, 3:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Syedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JAJ
No, it's not "fate" but rather a question of whether you meet the requirements or not. (have you checked?)
Requirements, blah blah blah....

I thought the Ozzies are in need of skilled labour!

Anyway, my OZ sponsor has launched my visa app 457 and fingers crossed, and guess will sweat a lot between now and when I get this (yes when and not if!)...

Guess no two cases are same ...

The wait is going to be the KILLER!!!!
Old May 13th 2008, 10:40 pm
I'm really a monkey!

Originally Posted by wbbugs
Submitted my 457 online on the 2nd of april. Sent meds/xrays 3 weeks ago Visa approval yesterday.
Congatulations! Lodged my application incl wife end March and x ray uploaded mid april so my application taking longer. My job is in construction sector and in high demand so surprised it is taking so long. Also it is an internal transfer with my firm. Maybe there are other criteria which need meeting that aren't looking so good for me! I have not studied the 457 entry requirements in too much detail.
Old May 13th 2008, 10:45 pm
I'm really a monkey!

Originally Posted by Gems
Dont panic,
They have a lot of applicants for 457, they can take anything from 4 weeks to 8weeks depending on how busy they are.

Gems
I thought you were already in Aus - just trawlled the 457 threads and notice you were applying last year. Anyway good luck with your application if you are still here.
Old May 14th 2008, 12:59 am
JAJ
Retired

Originally Posted by Syedney
Requirements, blah blah blah....

I thought the Ozzies are in need of skilled labour!

Anyway, my OZ sponsor has launched my visa app 457 and fingers crossed, and guess will sweat a lot between now and when I get this (yes when and not if!)...

Guess no two cases are same ...

The wait is going to be the KILLER!!!!
Except for some cases in regional areas, a semi-skilled or unskilled job offer is not acceptable for a 457 visa.
Old May 14th 2008, 4:43 am
Account Closed

stevenglish is an unknown quantity at this point

my job offer came in june last year and the visa's granted in late october, it took an age, and then we rushed like mad at the end. It's just the way it works, I even had to drive 90m for a panel doctor.

You'll be fine I'm sure

Steve
Old May 23rd 2008, 11:23 pm
I'm really a monkey!

Originally Posted by JAJ
Yes - eligible and criteria match. Do people get rejected for reasons other than police checks and medicals?
Old May 24th 2008, 11:06 am
Forum Regular

BrynJill is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes - eligible and criteria match. Do people get rejected for reasons other than police checks and medicals?
Lodged my visa 12 weeks ago now. Meds received and finalised 12/04/08.
Still waiting and I am an intensive care neonatal nurse with a job at RBWH due to start mid July.

Jill