457 rejection question

Old Jun 19th 2010, 2:23 pm
Forum Regular

samneric10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 457 rejection question

Hi,

I logged onto my visa application today and it had changed to say "application finalised". We havent received an email, as the main contact on the application is the HR department of the company who are sponsoring me. I clicked on "view entitlement details" and it still says "no current visa".

But it is too late to call DIAC and tomorrow will be Sunday so no good either. Looking at it, I am thinking that my application has been rejected as surely if the application had been finalised, then when I click on view "entitlement details", it would tell me my visa details and not say "no current visa".

Can someone put me out of my misery so that I do not have to wait until Monday morning to find out my fate?? Does this definitely mean that we have been rejected??

Thanks in advance

Samneric
Old Jun 19th 2010, 2:29 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 457 rejection question

Originally Posted by samneric10
Hi,

I logged onto my visa application today and it had changed to say "application finalised". We havent received an email, as the main contact on the application is the HR department of the company who are sponsoring me. I clicked on "view entitlement details" and it still says "no current visa".

But it is too late to call DIAC and tomorrow will be Sunday so no good either. Looking at it, I am thinking that my application has been rejected as surely if the application had been finalised, then when I click on view "entitlement details", it would tell me my visa details and not say "no current visa".

Can someone put me out of my misery so that I do not have to wait until Monday morning to find out my fate?? Does this definitely mean that we have been rejected??

Thanks in advance

Samneric
Just because its been finalised doesn't mean to say it has actually been stamped as approved and the visa issued. Mybe they got to the pont of finalising the paperwork on Friday afternoon and then didn't have time to complete the grant? Who knows! Sorry, but you will have to wat until Monday.
If the application has been rejected they will tell you, just the same as they would tell you if it has been approved. They wont leave you to guess at what an online status means.
Old Jun 19th 2010, 2:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

No it doesn't necessarily mean this at all, if your application had been rejected I feel certain you would have been informed by email not via an online status message. DIAC do not attempt to communicate with us via the online status.

It is possible that this is a bug in the system. I have heard of it happening before a couple of times and indeed it happened to me a couple of days after I lodged my application. Try logging all the way out, i.e. don't just close the screen but hit log out. Shut down, leave it a while and log back in another time.

If you still have the message, then I think you are going to have to wait until Monday to find out what it means.
Old Jun 19th 2010, 2:50 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for your replies! It has certainly lightened my mood. I am a natural pessimist I think...

The problem for me is that the main contact is the HR woman of the sponsoring company, so if they have emailed anyone to say accept/rejection, then it will have gone to her, and she won't find out until she goes to work on Monday morning!

It looks like I have to wait until Monday then. The wait is killing me!!!!

Thanks

Samneric
Old Jun 20th 2010, 1:46 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

Dont panic. Our did the same thing and a couple of days later i got the email to say approved. Was very worried at the time.
Old Jun 20th 2010, 2:22 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

DIAC should normally communicate with the visa applicant, not the employer, unless employer is acting as agent.
Old Jun 20th 2010, 7:23 am
Forum Regular

xqzmp is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by samneric10
Hi,

Thanks in advance

Samneric
"no current visa" is the default massage on on-line entitlement page, so it practically mean nothing
Old Jun 20th 2010, 7:38 am
Forum Regular

Thanks guys for all giving me some more hope for some good news next week!