457 processing time

Old Aug 1st 2013, 7:15 am
Forum Regular

sparkyjames has a reputation beyond reputesparkyjames has a reputation beyond reputesparkyjames has a reputation beyond reputesparkyjames has a reputation beyond reputesparkyjames has a reputation beyond reputesparkyjames has a reputation beyond reputesparkyjames has a reputation beyond reputesparkyjames has a reputation beyond reputesparkyjames has a reputation beyond reputesparkyjames has a reputation beyond reputesparkyjames has a reputation beyond repute
Smile 457 Timeline...

Hey all,

So got everything in and managed to scrap through the 1st July deadline, the only problem is we haven't heard a single thing since.

The reason for my post is to try and establish a timeline for the average 457. Could anyone who is going through the process give me some sort of indication.

We lodged both the nomination and application on the 27/6/2013 but have heard nothing since. If we log onto the immi website it just states 'Application received - processing commenced.'

We are both only on bridging and aren't allowed to work until this is sorted , so any indication of time would be awesome.

Thanks in advance.

sparkyjames
Old Aug 1st 2013, 7:56 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 457 Timeline...

Originally Posted by sparkyjames
Hey all,

So got everything in and managed to scrap through the 1st July deadline, the only problem is we haven't heard a single thing since.

The reason for my post is to try and establish a timeline for the average 457. Could anyone who is going through the process give me some sort of indication.

We lodged both the nomination and application on the 27/6/2013 but have heard nothing since. If we log onto the immi website it just states 'Application received - processing commenced.'

We are both only on bridging and aren't allowed to work until this is sorted , so any indication of time would be awesome.

Thanks in advance.

sparkyjames
The service charter gives a processing time of 2 months for 457 applications inside Australia from low risk countries - http://www.immi.gov.au/about/charter.../visas/3.0.htm
Old Aug 1st 2013, 1:32 pm

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Generally, we don't do timelines here. They're really not of much use, as two people's applications are completely different - despite how similar they may seem. Old.sparkles has given the link for the only real indicator of processing times, etc.
Old Aug 2nd 2013, 12:38 am
Forum Regular

sparkyjames has a reputation beyond reputesparkyjames has a reputation beyond reputesparkyjames has a reputation beyond reputesparkyjames has a reputation beyond reputesparkyjames has a reputation beyond reputesparkyjames has a reputation beyond reputesparkyjames has a reputation beyond reputesparkyjames has a reputation beyond reputesparkyjames has a reputation beyond reputesparkyjames has a reputation beyond reputesparkyjames has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your replies...
Old Aug 2nd 2013, 10:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sparkyjames
Hey all,

Thanks in advance.

sparkyjames
I don't think a 457 application lodged on 30 June would be treated any differently than a 457 application lodged on 1st July. They are tightening up and that is it as far as I know. As far as I can tell, the majority of 457 visas are processed within anything from about 2 weeks to 3 months.
Old Aug 4th 2013, 11:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Tramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to behold

My 457 took a week to be accepted and so did a lot of my colleagues. I saw one done in 3 days! But this was last year! I've just cancelled mine too!
Old Aug 7th 2013, 7:08 am
Forum Regular

LeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really nice

Tramps_Mate are you going back? My wife wants to go back, I don't! I was going to start a thread to see if others are in the same situation at all.
To the OP, my 457 visa took about 10 days to come through once lodged. The hard bit was getting all of the documents together for it.
Old Aug 7th 2013, 8:18 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LeeWillo
Tramps_Mate are you going back? My wife wants to go back, I don't! I was going to start a thread to see if others are in the same situation at all.
To the OP, my 457 visa took about 10 days to come through once lodged. The hard bit was getting all of the documents together for it.
There;s a whole forum full of advice and info on returning home here - http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=61

Old Aug 7th 2013, 8:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Tramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by LeeWillo
No mate, I won't be going back to Oz. it was ok but I didn't get the big deal people think it is! On the verge of a job in Aberdeen currently! Haha
Old Oct 27th 2013, 3:29 am
Just Joined

sazzleblonde1985 is an unknown quantity at this point
Arrow 457 processing october 2013

hey has anyone got a timeline for sept/oct 2013 processing?
Just helps me to see what other peoples experiences are.

I lodged mine on 3rd october and i have no further news.
Iknow the official timeframe varies(up to 4 months) but lately i know people have got them in 2-4 weeks.

Also my medical states "health requirements finalised".
I am actually expecting to be asked for a medical as it will be required for my job.
Should i wait to be asked? Or will getting a medical speed things up?
When i did try to be pro-active and book one the hospital said they couldnt find my TRN on the system. thats why i decided to wait...

Any advice welcome!
Old Oct 27th 2013, 3:38 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 457 processing october 2013

Originally Posted by sazzleblonde1985
hey has anyone got a timeline for sept/oct 2013 processing?
Just helps me to see what other peoples experiences are.

I lodged mine on 3rd october and i have no further news.
Iknow the official timeframe varies(up to 4 months) but lately i know people have got them in 2-4 weeks.

Also my medical states "health requirements finalised".
I am actually expecting to be asked for a medical as it will be required for my job.
Should i wait to be asked? Or will getting a medical speed things up?
When i did try to be pro-active and book one the hospital said they couldnt find my TRN on the system. thats why i decided to wait...

Any advice welcome!
No idea on timelines I'm afraid - and this isn't a timeline site.

If you are expecting a medical I'd wait to be asked - and the status page is manually set so is not always a true reflection of your status.

It's only been 3 weeks since your application - I would try and relax a little and give it some time
Old Oct 27th 2013, 11:44 am
Forum Regular

Sarah7263 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 457 processing october 2013

My original 457 took 4 days and my 457 transfer to my new company took 4 weeks (which was about a month ago). So it does vary but I wouldn't have thought you would have to wait too much longer! I know recently times have been a bit longer than normal so there is a bit of a backlog which is slowing it down.
Good luck with your move to Oz!
Old Nov 6th 2013, 1:52 pm
Just Joined

Kian is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 457 processing time

Hello everyone!

Just wondering if anyone is going through the same process as me at the moment. I lodged my 457 visa application in early October and have had my medicals, which went ok (health requirements finalised - 16 October 2013).
I am currently still in the "application being processed further" stage.

What's the next stage in my application?

How long is the waiting time?

I am due to start work in early January, but feel like I am stuck in limbo land at the moment without my visa!

Please help, and thanks in advance!
Old Nov 6th 2013, 2:41 pm

Default Re: 457 processing time

Originally Posted by Kian
Hello everyone!

Just wondering if anyone is going through the same process as me at the moment. I lodged my 457 visa application in early October and have had my medicals, which went ok (health requirements finalised - 16 October 2013).
I am currently still in the "application being processed further" stage.

What's the next stage in my application?

How long is the waiting time?

I am due to start work in early January, but feel like I am stuck in limbo land at the moment without my visa!

Please help, and thanks in advance!
A recent thread - http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...light=457+time - although I will say BE is not a timeline site, every case is individual and it takes as long as it takes.
Old Nov 7th 2013, 12:40 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 457 processing time

Threads merged

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.