Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

457 to PR - job changes during first 2 years - Problem?

457 to PR - job changes during first 2 years - Problem?

Old Oct 3rd 2012, 11:13 pm
Just Joined

toblerone is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 457 to PR - job changes during first 2 years - Problem?

Hi, we have been in Aus on a 457 visa for 2 years and are now applying for PR. The problem we have is that my partner's job title/description has changed 4 times during that time so he is not now doing the actual job he was brought over to do. Immigration were not informed of these changes by his employer and now our Visa Agent says that is a huge problem.

Any thoughts please??
Old Oct 4th 2012, 12:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Tramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: 457 to PR - job changes during first 2 years - Problem?

What did the Visa Agent say? I think their opinion would be more valid than ours! lol

As far as I have read, you need to be doing the same job for 2 years to bypass the skills assessment. How different have the roles been? Similar or not at all?
Old Oct 4th 2012, 1:57 am
BE Forum Addict

jothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 457 to PR - job changes during first 2 years - Problem?

Originally Posted by Tramps_mate
What did the Visa Agent say? I think their opinion would be more valid than ours! lol

As far as I have read, you need to be doing the same job for 2 years to bypass the skills assessment. How different have the roles been? Similar or not at all?
I agree Tramps.

However I think what OP means is that if your job title changes, in any way, DIAC should be notified.

So for example if you'd come in as a waitress and ended up as restaurant manager, you should tell DIAC of the changes. To now want to covert into PR they will review all the job title changes and they could consider that you have not witheld one of the conditions of the visa, as in, notify of changes.