457 to PR

Old Feb 28th 2010, 2:43 pm
Forum Regular

aussievet is a jewel in the roughaussievet is a jewel in the roughaussievet is a jewel in the roughaussievet is a jewel in the roughaussievet is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: 457 to PR

Hi there Bermuda... it seems your post is deleted. Did you have anything to add? Any advise welcome!
Old Feb 28th 2010, 5:36 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

ENS shouldn't normally take 6 months, if skill assessment is already done.
Old Feb 28th 2010, 6:41 pm
Forum Regular

aussievet is a jewel in the roughaussievet is a jewel in the roughaussievet is a jewel in the roughaussievet is a jewel in the roughaussievet is a jewel in the rough

Any idea how long? If I go for this when in Oz on a 457, am I correct in saying that my employer must be registered to sponsor for a permanent ENS, and if they're not then this an expensive thing to do?
Old Feb 28th 2010, 6:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aussievet
Hi there Bermuda... it seems your post is deleted. Did you have anything to add? Any advise welcome!
Aussievet, I had just said that I didn't think an ENS would take anything like 6 months especially as you already have skills assessment. I have heard of them taking 6 weeks, however then I decided would see how long the nomination might take. Unfortuantely not sure on that still.

But I do not think you are looking at six months, employer sponsored are the highest priority. If I were you I would definitely hold out for the ENS.
Old Feb 28th 2010, 7:15 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Ozwanderer, I'm sure you post with the best of intentions but it strikes me you often give confusing, misleading, or downright incorrect information on visas.

Maybe you should leave it to the experts?
Old Feb 28th 2010, 7:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

wookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Russ_Sarah
hello all,

w
From my experience e are here on a 457 visa and although i can get sponsored by my company to get PR i am considering going it alone as i have heard a rumour that the company will tie me in for 3 years should i go fown the PR route via them.

can anyone advise me, we have been here since Oct 08. do i have to be in the country 24 months before i can apply for PR? has anyone been in my position and gone it alone? i got in touch with a immigration lawyer here in Sydney and she wanted $600 for an initial consultation and advice, do i need an immigration lawyer??
i would also like to hear from anyone who got PR through their 457 visa employer and left soon after!! were there any problems with immigration??

hoping someone out there has been through this before!
When i spoke to the company back in December they would expected me to stay the company for 6 years,

sponcer for first 2 years, then sponcer me for another 2, and sponcer me for the PR. They would require me to stay there for futher 2 years.

This was for a bank in Sydney, and i would be expect to have less money because of the sponcer. For example if i have Pr visa, i could get 150k, while with them it would only be 90k

Last edited by wookiee06; Feb 28th 2010 at 7:25 pm. Reason: xcxcx
Old Feb 28th 2010, 7:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Seasider
Ozwanderer, I'm sure you post with the best of intentions but it strikes me you often give confusing, misleading, or downright incorrect information on visas.

Maybe you should leave it to the experts?
I read he was asked to leave the forum for that very reason.
Old Feb 28th 2010, 7:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

man_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by wookiee06
When i spoke to the company back in December they would expected me to stay the company for 6 years,

sponcer for first 2 years, then sponcer me for another 2, and sponcer me for the PR. They would require me to stay there for futher 2 years.

This was for a bank in Sydney, and i would be expect to have less money because of the sponcer. For example if i have Pr visa, i could get 150k, while with them it would only be 90k
Mate it might be something to do with your spelling, I know people make the odd spelling mistake but you used the word Sponcer 4 times in a single post inc. your signature. Really for such a high paid bank job you should know that sponcer does not look right... its Sponsor.
Old Feb 28th 2010, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

Hornster is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I'm fairly new to all this, although I have been doing a lot of reading etc but have a few questions that i would appreciate a little help with please:

1) My occupation has an ASCO code of 2543-11 and am currently on the look out for an Australian employer to sponsor me either a permanent vis (ENS ?) or a temporary (457 ?) visa.

My question: do I need my skills assessed and, if so, how do I go about doing this?

2) With the ENS visa do I get PR immediately or is there a timeframe?

3) What are the pro's and con's of the ENS versus the 457 visa?

4) Can I change employers whilst on a 457 or ENS visa? What are the restictions?

Apologies if these questions have been asked loads of times in the past but I am a "newbie" just looking for a helping had.

Please and thank you.
Old Feb 28th 2010, 11:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

man_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Hornster
Hi,

I'm fairly new to all this, although I have been doing a lot of reading etc but have a few questions that i would appreciate a little help with please:

1) My occupation has an ASCO code of 2543-11 and am currently on the look out for an Australian employer to sponsor me either a permanent vis (ENS ?) or a temporary (457 ?) visa.

My question: do I need my skills assessed and, if so, how do I go about doing this?
You would require a skills assessment for an ENS find information here http://www.vetassess.com.au/migrate_..._australia.cfm

But for a 457 you used to have to show some sort of evidence that you have some qualifications and worked in a similar field to the job your applying for.... but i think you might need a skills assessment for certain occupations from July last year

2) With the ENS visa do I get PR immediately or is there a timeframe?
Once employer nomination is accepted and your visa application is fully processed and your visa is granted your are a PR.... thats it

3) What are the pro's and con's of the ENS versus the 457 visa?
with ENS you are a PR (you receive all the benefits of PR) if you lose your job you can just look for another job and don't require any further sponsor.

With 457 if you are made redundant you have 28 days to find a new Sponsor or leave Australia, you are entitled to LAFHA 'Living Away from Home Allowance'.

and the biggest advantage is finding an employer to sponsor you for a 457 seems to be a lot easier than finding a employer to sponsor you for ENS .

the 457 is cheaper but if you start changing employers you have to pay again.... for ENS you only pay once.

4) Can I change employers whilst on a 457 or ENS visa? What are the restictions?
Yes on you can change employers on both. But for a 457 you will require the new employer to sponsor you again.

Last edited by man_called_Horse; Mar 1st 2010 at 12:02 am. Reason: Added web link
Old Mar 1st 2010, 6:10 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wookiee06

You can apply your judgment to the value of sponsorship but in my opinion it is not worth $60k a year, unless you are really, really desperate to be in Aus and have no other means of doing so.
Old Mar 1st 2010, 6:19 pm
Forum Regular

Hornster is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=man_called_Horse;8382822][COLOR="Red"]

Thanks for info.
Old Mar 1st 2010, 8:53 pm
Forum Regular

ok, I have my 175 visa lodged since last May. I've been offered ENS 121 sponsorship but they need me in 12 weeks. I'm sorting out medicals for me and my partner in the next week or so. They'll go off and then they'll move my 175 visa to a 121 fee free. They have got to nominate the position etc. Do you think this can all be done in 12 weeks. I'm terrified they're gonna do it and then back out when I still don't have a visa in 12 wks. I think I've managed to convince them that as long as I sign a contract saying I'll stay for 2 yrs, it's actually easier than a 457 visa since I have a 175 already lodged and waiting. I am in trouble?? Should I just say I'll go on a 457 as I'd be gutted to miss the oportunity. But then I can't apply for ENS down the line on shore!!! Help!!
Old Mar 1st 2010, 9:36 pm
Forum Regular

Sattman is just really niceSattman is just really niceSattman is just really niceSattman is just really niceSattman is just really niceSattman is just really niceSattman is just really niceSattman is just really niceSattman is just really niceSattman is just really nice

Originally Posted by aussievet
Ok I have a specific question regarding this issue.
Me and my partner applied for a 175 in May 09. I have just been offered a 457 visa. Can I go to Aus on a 457 visa (so that I can get there quickly), but negotiate with my employer that after I have been there 6 mths etc he will file an ENS visa? If so, can I use my already in place 175 application and transfer this to a 457 visa, or should I file an additional 457 app and then transfer the 175 to a ENS when there. Or alt should I just leave the 175 in place so it's there if I needed it? I'm SO confused.
Not sure if this may help, but our story is reasonably similar to your situation.

Moved out here in 2006 on a 457. Applied for the 175 in Aug 2008, and changed employers (and a new 457) in May last year.

After the September 2009 update , we realised there was no chance of the 175 being granted any time soon, and with my daughter starting school it was starting to become expensive to be on a 457, particularly as we lost LAFHA when we submitted the 175.

Spoke and explained our frustration and the financial implications of another 3-4 years on 457 to my employer who agreed to put us through ENS on the basis that we would pay the fees. As we already have a 175 in progress we were able to convert this to an offshore ENS application without having to pay the lodgement fees again. The only downside is that we do need to hop over to NZ once the visa is () granted.

After having been on a 457 for the last four years, nearly two of which have been without LAFHA, I would strongly recommend people try to get a PR visa over a 457, particularly if you have school age children. Medical insurance and state government fees for 'international students' are damned expensive, and after having done the sums we discovered that the amount we had paid on school fees this year more than cover the agent costs for the ENS.

Hope this helps
Old Mar 1st 2010, 9:51 pm
Forum Regular

That's actually a massive help. So I could go on a 457 visa to get there quick and write it into my contract that they'll sponsor for ENS after say 3mths. I could convert my 175 visa fee free to an off shore ENS! Perfect! If that works out then I may be in Oz in 12wks!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.