457 online form filling qestions?

Old Mar 18th 2007, 11:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

windog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to behold
Default 457 online form filling qestions?

Hi, we are finally in a position to apply for our 457 but have come up with a couple of silly questions re the online form.
It asks for length of stay 'on this application' which I assume is 4 years although we intend to apply for a RSMS and stay permanently
It also asks if anyone i going to be in a 'classrom situation' and as our 2 kids are coming with us we answered yes, but it then asks for the length of course in weeks ? and only allows you to put a number. Can anyone tell us what they put...52?.....208? (as its a 4 year visa)

I think the form filling is slowly turning me into a paranoid quivering jelly
Old Mar 19th 2007, 5:54 am
BE Enthusiast

leigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud of
Default Re: 457 online form filling qestions?

Hi windog

Firstly, you are correct to have put 4 years because this is the length of stay for the visa you are applying for now.

Secondly, you don't include children in the question about being in a classroom situation. This is intended for adults who intend to work/volunteer in a classroom, playgroup, hospital etc. This is because the 457 visa does not require you to have a full medical, unless you intend to work/volunteer in a classroom....

Hope this helps. Good luck with it all. It won't be long!

Leigh
Old Mar 19th 2007, 6:34 am
Forum Regular

BIDERCLAN is just really niceBIDERCLAN is just really niceBIDERCLAN is just really niceBIDERCLAN is just really niceBIDERCLAN is just really niceBIDERCLAN is just really niceBIDERCLAN is just really niceBIDERCLAN is just really nice

hI
Above is correct - i did like you for number of weeks wrote 52x4.

Debbie
Old Mar 19th 2007, 10:01 am
BE Enthusiast

woody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by BIDERCLAN
hI
Above is correct - i did like you for number of weeks wrote 52x4.

Debbie
Me too. I put me down in the first section as well to find that under my occupation, I had to do it again so I telephoned for help. They just said for the kids do 52 x 4 and only enter me in the next question.

Good luck

Debs
Old Mar 19th 2007, 10:18 am
Just Joined

tonyandlynne is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

We are going out on a 457 visa, and my contract for sponsor is 2 years and that is what we had to put on the visa form for that question as it is only a 2 year contract but they can extend it apparently near time of contract ending if job still in need.

Lynne
Old Mar 19th 2007, 6:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

windog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to behold

Thanks guys....I'm sure the twitch I'm getting will eventually disappear once we get the visa!