457 No response and complaining

Old May 18th 2009, 8:53 pm
Just Joined

Pete the Meat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 457 No response and complaining

Hi

My company agreed to sponsor me and there sponsorships and nominations have been approved .
I therefore sent my 457 in manually 3 weeks ago addressed to the case officer who approved the above applications.
I have e-mailed her a few times just clarifying if she had received them. When I spoke to someone else they noted that it hadn`t been regsitered on the computer as of yet.
This woman has not responded to any e-mails or phone calls. Why are they so rude? Is there anyway down the line that I can report her or speed up the process. My partner has found a job however obviously the Visa is pending and she can`t work

Many thanks
Old May 18th 2009, 9:00 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 457 No response and complaining

Originally Posted by Pete the Meat
Hi

My company agreed to sponsor me and there sponsorships and nominations have been approved .
I therefore sent my 457 in manually 3 weeks ago addressed to the case officer who approved the above applications.
I have e-mailed her a few times just clarifying if she had received them. When I spoke to someone else they noted that it hadn`t been regsitered on the computer as of yet.
This woman has not responded to any e-mails or phone calls. Why are they so rude? Is there anyway down the line that I can report her or speed up the process. My partner has found a job however obviously the Visa is pending and she can`t work

Many thanks
Hi Pete,

No I don't think that complaining about the case officer will bring anyone any joy, most often there are different officers deciding issues relating to employers and employees. If you paid by credit card you should at first establish if you have had your Visa Application Charge debited. My guess is that if the VAC hasn't been debited then they don't have the application. Better off resubmitting, which you could do online. If it turns out that you have made the same application twice then you'll get a refund for one of the applications.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old May 18th 2009, 11:02 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 457 No response and complaining

Originally Posted by Pete the Meat
Hi

Many thanks
Have you stopped to think that perhaps the case officer who approved the nomination is not the same one who approves visas? Or that maybe the case officer is on holiday? Or maybe yours is not the only application received in that office lately?

There are dozens of reasons why it has taken only 3 weeks. It's also unlikely that a case officer will communicate with you unless they have a reason to.