Wikiposts

457 Medicals

Old Jul 17th 2007, 3:46 am
Just Joined

jojow25 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 457 Medicals

Originally Posted by Red_V_Roger
I working in engineering and my online application indicated only x-ray needed NO MEDICAL/HIV etc.

So I've done the x-ray and the clinic uploaded electronically it the next day.

I have not yet been given a Case Officer - so I guess more could be requested when a human actually looks at thr application.

My employer told me that they never had anything other than x-rays requested for their line of business.
Hi, can I ask if your wife came with you as a secondary applicant on the same visa? If so, do you have any tips for the secondary applicant and what to expect in terms of timescales and evidence required?

Thanks and good luck!
Old Jul 17th 2007, 4:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute

Well as I understand - at least i hope I do otherwise we are shafted...

For 457 visa, the employers nomination form has a space for him to fill in my spouses details, so he stuck her passport number, DOB in etc.

He gave me their application reference (TRN No.) I stuck that in to our electonic application and put in my wife's details at teh same time as mine.

As far as I undersatnd, as long as I stay with the terms of my 457 visa, she can work where see wants...though your questions makes me think to go and check.

As we are married, then thats all teh proof needed. I take it from your other posts that you are not married - sorry, I don't know what is considered as resonable proof in this case

Last edited by Red_V_Roger; Jul 17th 2007 at 4:55 am.
Old Jul 17th 2007, 6:30 am
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stoddartclan
We're also leaving on a 457 visa and reading this thread I'm beginning to get really worried about the timescales. We submitted our medicals and they were received 18th June. We are hoping to leave 26th July as hubby starts job on 6th August! He works for a large multinational company who have processed 457 visas before so we were working on the timescales recommended by the migration agent that the whole thing would take no more than 3 weeks. The removal agent arrives tomorrow to start packing and then everything leaves on Thursday. Should I now be freaking out do you think??!!!
Ours arrived 15th june

We fly 24th july

got confirmation today that meds are fine, but there are some glitches in the system so the visa will take a day or two.

I did get told today, that you can enter on an ETA while waiting for the 457, and dont need to go offshore when granted.

Hopefully you guys will be leaping around by Friday saying "got it ! got it !"

Be patient. My 457 from job offer to actual visa took 18 months !!
Old Jul 17th 2007, 7:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Sugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by furkew
Ours arrived 15th june

We fly 24th july

got confirmation today that meds are fine, but there are some glitches in the system so the visa will take a day or two.

I did get told today, that you can enter on an ETA while waiting for the 457, and dont need to go offshore when granted.

Hopefully you guys will be leaping around by Friday saying "got it ! got it !"

Be patient. My 457 from job offer to actual visa took 18 months !!
my immigration CO told me that i was not allowed to enter the country on an ETA. If i did my visa would not be issued.
Old Jul 17th 2007, 8:39 am
rvc
Forum Regular

rvc is an unknown quantity at this point

We were told we can enter on an ETA also. Because the visa gets evidenced in Canberra anyways (ie. you have to send in your passport).