457 to Labour Agreement

Old Jan 27th 2011, 1:44 am
Just Joined

acstewart25 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 457 to Labour Agreement

Hello all

Question re the above - I'm on a subclass 457 visa which runs out in 18 months so pursuing permanent residency. Problem I'm having is my job title is not on the SoL list but I would have enough points to qualify otherwise (including the proposed changes that exclude points in relation to your job, to be enforced July '11 i think).

So I was looking into the "Labour Agreement". The way I read this is that it fits me perfectly - (quote from immigration website):

"Situations where an employer may consider accessing a Labour Agreement include:
* occupations that are not on the list of approved occupations for the Temporary Business (Long Stay) Subclass 457 visa, permanent Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS)"

What I am unsure of is my role within company that negotiates the Labour Agreement and the Employer's responsibility? One scenario - what if my current employer agrees the labour agreement and I effectively have permanent residency but then I get offered another job a few weeks/months later?

Hope this makes sense, basically looking into PR options rather than another 457 but looks like ENS is a no-go.

As always any help gratefully received.
acstewart25
Old Jan 27th 2011, 5:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Jamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really nice
Default Re: 457 to Labour Agreement

Hello there

Labour Agreements are not common at all, only a handful of bigger employers and some of the labour hire agencies use them, so you might struggle to get proper advice in an online forum.

As you are wanting PR which is very important to you, it is worth taking an organised and professional approach so I suggest you contact the MIA state president in your state for referral to an agent who has the experience necessary.

http://mia.org.au/about-state-branches/

Good luck
Old Jan 27th 2011, 8:23 am
Forum Regular

swmbo63 has a reputation beyond reputeswmbo63 has a reputation beyond reputeswmbo63 has a reputation beyond reputeswmbo63 has a reputation beyond reputeswmbo63 has a reputation beyond reputeswmbo63 has a reputation beyond reputeswmbo63 has a reputation beyond reputeswmbo63 has a reputation beyond reputeswmbo63 has a reputation beyond reputeswmbo63 has a reputation beyond reputeswmbo63 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by acstewart25
Hello all

Question re the above - I'm on a subclass 457 visa which runs out in 18 months so pursuing permanent residency. Problem I'm having is my job title is not on the SoL list but I would have enough points to qualify otherwise (including the proposed changes that exclude points in relation to your job, to be enforced July '11 i think).

So I was looking into the "Labour Agreement". The way I read this is that it fits me perfectly - (quote from immigration website):

"Situations where an employer may consider accessing a Labour Agreement include:
* occupations that are not on the list of approved occupations for the Temporary Business (Long Stay) Subclass 457 visa, permanent Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS)"

What I am unsure of is my role within company that negotiates the Labour Agreement and the Employer's responsibility? One scenario - what if my current employer agrees the labour agreement and I effectively have permanent residency but then I get offered another job a few weeks/months later?

Hope this makes sense, basically looking into PR options rather than another 457 but looks like ENS is a no-go.

As always any help gratefully received.
acstewart25

No advice but we are on a 855 Labour Agreement visa husbands multi national company brought us over from Uk we came first on 457 and within 3 months applied for 855
All this was paid for and done by company who had done this many times before .

Good luck but could be hard.
Old Jan 28th 2011, 3:18 am
Just Joined

http://mia.org.au/about-state-branches/

Thanks for both responses. ^ I'll look into this ^. I assume you contact a memeber, go for a chat then engage them to assist you (at a high cost no doubt, anyone any idea of how much?). PR is important though and worth a high cost to me.

Its difficult trawling through the numerous pages on the immi website. Reading the Labour Agreement pages it appears to be a simple process of negotiation but as both responses have indicated perhaps not.

Thanks again
Old Jan 28th 2011, 3:22 am
Just Joined

One more thing - can anyone recommend a migration agent in Sydney CBD / Inner West?

Thanks.
Old Jan 28th 2011, 3:32 am
Just Joined

Sorry I posted prior to my last post but it never went up...anyway, thanks for responses I'll look into migration agent upon any recommendations.

Labour agreement seems like a simple negotiation on the immi website but obviously not.

Cheers again
Old Jan 28th 2011, 11:54 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by acstewart25
Sorry I posted prior to my last post but it never went up...anyway, thanks for responses I'll look into migration agent upon any recommendations.

Labour agreement seems like a simple negotiation on the immi website but obviously not.

Cheers again
It didn't show up because you posted a link as a new poster. It goes straight to a queue to be checked for spamming. It's there now.