British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   457 Granted . . . What next? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/457-granted-what-next-705726/)

ptbrophy Feb 16th 2011 11:36 pm

457 Granted . . . What next?

Hi folks,

Had a quick scan through the forum but nothing jumped out.

We have just been issued our 457 visas. We do not require a visa label (British passport) - so what's next?

It just seemed a little too easy!

Thanks in advace :)

Bermudashorts Feb 17th 2011 2:04 am

Re: 457 Granted . . . What next?

Actually I would recommend you do get a visa label, depsite what the advice it. The electronic version might work for the airline but it doesn't work for lots of other people that want to see your visa e.g. medicare.

Then that is it, just arrange your flights over and start date with your employer.

smiling4 Feb 17th 2011 5:59 am

Originally Posted by ptbrophy (Post 9181565)
Hi folks,

We have just been issued our 457 visas. We do not require a visa label (British passport) - so what's next?

Congrats :beer:
where u headed and how long did the process take????? Curious to know as waiting for ours....been 3 weeks n 1 day so far, since application.......:fingerscrossed: Ems x

Rudyboy Feb 17th 2011 8:02 am

I'm also starting the process for a 457. The MA is asking for evidence of health insurance for me and my wife.

What insurance did you use?

Thanks

moneypenny20 Feb 17th 2011 8:27 am

Originally Posted by Rudyboy (Post 9182259)
I'm also starting the process for a 457. The MA is asking for evidence of health insurance for me and my wife.

Thanks

Perhaps this could remain a congrats thread, not a I want info thread.

Congrats to the OP, as has been said, do get the sticker, even if you wait until you get here, it does make life easier.

ptbrophy Feb 17th 2011 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by smiling4 (Post 9182089)
Congrats :beer:
where u headed and how long did the process take????? Curious to know as waiting for ours....been 3 weeks n 1 day so far, since application.......:fingerscrossed: Ems x

We submitted our application on the 14/12/10, further info was requested on 06/01/11, approved on 05/02/11 :)

We're off to Perth. Toss up between Perth and Cairns, but W.A. won!

I'm quite an impatient person so I can understand how you are feeling! I'm sure it will come through soon!

ptbrophy Feb 17th 2011 6:49 pm

Thanks

We used IMAN Australian Health Plans. Took out 1 months insurance (commencement date to be confirmed) and submitted the relevant dox to immigration. Once you have your confirmed date of entry, call IMAN and set the commencement date for your health plan to start.

Best of luck :thumbup:

ptbrophy Feb 17th 2011 6:51 pm

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts (Post 9181805)
Actually I would recommend you do get a visa label, depsite what the advice it. The electronic version might work for the airline but it doesn't work for lots of other people that want to see your visa e.g. medicare.

Then that is it, just arrange your flights over and start date with your employer.

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 (Post 9182316)
Congrats to the OP, as has been said, do get the sticker, even if you wait until you get here, it does make life easier.

Thanks folks. Will perhaps wait til we arrive in Perth before arranging labels! Cheers!

wattsbug Feb 17th 2011 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by ptbrophy (Post 9181565)
Hi folks,

cracking post:thumbsup: happy days! hopefully for me and my family soon too

ozziebound Feb 21st 2011 9:47 am

Originally Posted by wattsbug (Post 9183754)
cracking post:thumbsup: happy days! hopefully for me and my family soon too

Congratluations! Have a safe trip!

Katherined0 Feb 22nd 2011 2:53 am

http://www.medibank.com.au/Client/St...es/VCHome.aspx

This company do health insurance for overseas visitors.

Thanks

ozziebound Feb 22nd 2011 8:50 am

Originally Posted by ptbrophy (Post 9183498)
Thanks folks. Will perhaps wait til we arrive in Perth before arranging labels! Cheers!

How do you get the lables put in once in OZ? Where do you go etc/what do you bring- we are going to Perth.

moneypenny20 Feb 22nd 2011 10:07 am

Originally Posted by ozziebound (Post 9193394)
How do you get the lables put in once in OZ? Where do you go etc/what do you bring- we are going to Perth.

Very straightforward. Just go into your nearest DIAC office, Perth CBD I believe, with your passport and grant letter, see someone behind a desk and they will do it there and then and free of charge.

wattsbug Feb 22nd 2011 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by ozziebound (Post 9193394)

hey, hope you dont mind me asking, but what are these labels you talk about?:confused:

Bermudashorts Feb 22nd 2011 11:43 pm

Originally Posted by wattsbug (Post 9193884)
hey, hope you dont mind me asking, but what are these labels you talk about?:confused:

A visa sticker, to go in your passport.