457 Granted . . . What next?

Old Feb 16th 2011, 11:36 pm
Forum Regular

ptbrophy is on a distinguished road
Default 457 Granted . . . What next?

Hi folks,

Had a quick scan through the forum but nothing jumped out.

We have just been issued our 457 visas. We do not require a visa label (British passport) - so what's next?

It just seemed a little too easy!

Thanks in advace
Old Feb 17th 2011, 2:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 457 Granted . . . What next?

Actually I would recommend you do get a visa label, depsite what the advice it. The electronic version might work for the airline but it doesn't work for lots of other people that want to see your visa e.g. medicare.

Then that is it, just arrange your flights over and start date with your employer.
Old Feb 17th 2011, 5:59 am
If all else fails...smile

smiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ptbrophy
Hi folks,

We have just been issued our 457 visas. We do not require a visa label (British passport) - so what's next?

Thanks in advace
Congrats
where u headed and how long did the process take????? Curious to know as waiting for ours....been 3 weeks n 1 day so far, since application....... Ems x
Old Feb 17th 2011, 8:02 am
Just Joined

Rudyboy has a brilliant futureRudyboy has a brilliant futureRudyboy has a brilliant futureRudyboy has a brilliant futureRudyboy has a brilliant futureRudyboy has a brilliant futureRudyboy has a brilliant future

I'm also starting the process for a 457. The MA is asking for evidence of health insurance for me and my wife.

What insurance did you use?

Thanks
Old Feb 17th 2011, 8:27 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rudyboy
I'm also starting the process for a 457. The MA is asking for evidence of health insurance for me and my wife.

Thanks
Perhaps this could remain a congrats thread, not a I want info thread.

Congrats to the OP, as has been said, do get the sticker, even if you wait until you get here, it does make life easier.
Old Feb 17th 2011, 6:46 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by smiling4
Congrats
where u headed and how long did the process take????? Curious to know as waiting for ours....been 3 weeks n 1 day so far, since application....... Ems x
We submitted our application on the 14/12/10, further info was requested on 06/01/11, approved on 05/02/11

We're off to Perth. Toss up between Perth and Cairns, but W.A. won!

I'm quite an impatient person so I can understand how you are feeling! I'm sure it will come through soon!

Last edited by ptbrophy; Feb 17th 2011 at 7:47 pm. Reason: typo
Old Feb 17th 2011, 6:49 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks
We used IMAN Australian Health Plans. Took out 1 months insurance (commencement date to be confirmed) and submitted the relevant dox to immigration. Once you have your confirmed date of entry, call IMAN and set the commencement date for your health plan to start.

Best of luck
Old Feb 17th 2011, 6:51 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
Actually I would recommend you do get a visa label, depsite what the advice it. The electronic version might work for the airline but it doesn't work for lots of other people that want to see your visa e.g. medicare.

Then that is it, just arrange your flights over and start date with your employer.

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Congrats to the OP, as has been said, do get the sticker, even if you wait until you get here, it does make life easier.

Thanks folks. Will perhaps wait til we arrive in Perth before arranging labels! Cheers!
Old Feb 17th 2011, 8:25 pm
Forum Regular

wattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to all

Hi folks,

Thanks in advace
cracking post happy days! hopefully for me and my family soon too
Old Feb 21st 2011, 9:47 am
Forum Regular

ozziebound is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wattsbug
cracking post happy days! hopefully for me and my family soon too
Congratluations! Have a safe trip!
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 2:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Katherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really nice

http://www.medibank.com.au/Client/St...es/VCHome.aspx

This company do health insurance for overseas visitors.

Thanks
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 8:50 am
Forum Regular

ozziebound is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks folks. Will perhaps wait til we arrive in Perth before arranging labels! Cheers!
How do you get the lables put in once in OZ? Where do you go etc/what do you bring- we are going to Perth.
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 10:07 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozziebound
How do you get the lables put in once in OZ? Where do you go etc/what do you bring- we are going to Perth.
Very straightforward. Just go into your nearest DIAC office, Perth CBD I believe, with your passport and grant letter, see someone behind a desk and they will do it there and then and free of charge.
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 1:39 pm
Forum Regular

wattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ozziebound
hey, hope you dont mind me asking, but what are these labels you talk about?
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 11:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wattsbug
hey, hope you dont mind me asking, but what are these labels you talk about?
A visa sticker, to go in your passport.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.