Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

On a 457, applying for PR - Confused about MODL/CSL/PRL Skills Assessment Process

Wikiposts

On a 457, applying for PR - Confused about MODL/CSL/PRL Skills Assessment Process

Old Mar 14th 2009, 2:04 am
Just Joined

JJoo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default On a 457, applying for PR - Confused about MODL/CSL/PRL Skills Assessment Process

Hi there, this is my first time on this site and I'm hoping someone maybe able to help?

I am originally from Southampton in Uk. I moved to Australia several years ago and now I want to explore obtaining Permanent Residency. My employer has stated that their policy is not to sponsor anyone unless they have been with them for two years. I only joined them in March 2008, after moving my sponsorship from one company to another.

I am currently on a 457 Visa 2231-79 (nec) and working for a global IT service provider in Melbourne Australia as a Senior Consultant. I have 11 years experience in IT in Utilities sector. Main duties include writing requirements and functional specifications, process modelling from the AsIs to the ToBe environments etc, data conversion, validation and reconciliation.

I am currently on a project that is implementing CC&B (Oracle), been on the project since September 2008. Previously, in 2007, I was working in Northern Ireland for one year on another CC&B (Oracle) project, similar duties.

Because I do not have any formal qualifications, I was going down the route of applying for PRL. However, from looking at the ACS website, there is a job known as 2231-79 (Oracle) that I could potentially apply for.

Can someone please clarify the process for applying MODL list job? The ACS website states that if a job is on the MODL list, all that they require is a reference from an employer and 12 months experience. Is it as straight forward as that? PRL seems much more long winded.

Assuming all I do is submit a reference stating I have 12 months experience with Oracle Billing Systems (SPL/CC&B) do I still need to go down the PRL route, because I do not have a degree in IT?

Any help would be great.....

Many thanks Jo