Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

On a 457, applied for 175, change to an ENS?

On a 457, applied for 175, change to an ENS?

Old Sep 7th 2009, 7:39 am
Just Joined

TerryA is an unknown quantity at this point
Default On a 457, applied for 175, change to an ENS?

Hi there.

Excuse me for pinpointing you JAJ but I read in another thread something you mentioned regarding the ENS.

My spouse and I are on a 457 via her profession as a 'cook' and we've just applied for the 175 after getting her trades skills assessed. We rang up today and they said we're unlikely to get a case officer until around JULY 2010, and then it's gonna be another 6-12 months after that, so 2 years in total.

She wants to know if we are able to change our 175 application for free of charge to either a 176 (STN?) or the ENS? If we're already on a 457, shouldn't it be easy to get an ENS through the same employer if trade skills are assessed and they're already sponsoring her now?

Thank you.
Old Sep 7th 2009, 10:20 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: On a 457, applied for 175, change to an ENS?

Originally Posted by TerryA
Hi there.

Excuse me for pinpointing you JAJ but I read in another thread something you mentioned regarding the ENS.

My spouse and I are on a 457 via her profession as a 'cook' and we've just applied for the 175 after getting her trades skills assessed. We rang up today and they said we're unlikely to get a case officer until around JULY 2010, and then it's gonna be another 6-12 months after that, so 2 years in total.

She wants to know if we are able to change our 175 application for free of charge to either a 176 (STN?) or the ENS? If we're already on a 457, shouldn't it be easy to get an ENS through the same employer if trade skills are assessed and they're already sponsoring her now?

Thank you.
If you want specific advice from the agents who post here you are advised to contact them in a professional manner, although I believe JAJ no longer practices. Expect to pay for their services.
Old Sep 7th 2009, 10:25 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Dorothy
If you want specific advice from the agents who post here you are advised to contact them in a professional manner, although I believe JAJ no longer practices. Expect to pay for their services.
It's not just an agents advice I'm looking for, although I've noticed he has been giving advice in various threads and hoped that without being rude I'd be able to attract his attention via the thread name.

I apologise regarding the bump, didn't realise it was frowned upon and didn't mean to undermine anyone elses thread, we have a short amount of time to decide what we choose to do with our existing application is all.
Old Sep 7th 2009, 10:35 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

It's not just an agents advice I'm looking for, although I've noticed he has been giving advice in various threads and hoped that without being rude I'd be able to attract his attention via the thread name.

I apologise regarding the bump, didn't realise it was frowned upon and didn't mean to undermine anyone elses thread, we have a short amount of time to decide what we choose to do with our existing application is all.
The agents who post here do so on a general advice basis. I would think they would not advise on a specific case.
Old Sep 7th 2009, 10:39 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Dorothy
The agents who post here do so on a general advice basis. I would think they would not advise on a specific case.
Any advice is fine by me, immigration is closed at the moment!
Old Sep 7th 2009, 11:22 am
His Excellency

fifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud of

Hi there.

Thank you.
You can change your 175 to a 176 with no additional fee to pay ... heaps of people on this forum have done it.. I believe all you really need to do is apply and obtain a state sponsership and ask your sponsering state to send the form 1100 to DIAC.. just search the archives you'll find plenty of threads on this subject..

Wouldn't have a clue about ENS though.

Good luck
Old Sep 7th 2009, 3:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

supriyag123 is an unknown quantity at this point

If we're already on a 457, shouldn't it be easy to get an ENS through the same employer if trade skills are assessed and they're already sponsoring her now?

Thank you.
From my personal exp, employers are not always ready to sponsor ENS, even if they are already sponsoring 457 for the same candidate. Reason being, with ENS there comes a bit of obligation on employer's part to ensure employment of the candidate for certain period of time..etc.

Having said that,in your case if the current employer is ready to sponsor you for ENS then that is the best possible scenario. Try and go for it
Old Sep 7th 2009, 11:50 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by supriyag123
From my personal exp, employers are not always ready to sponsor ENS, even if they are already sponsoring 457 for the same candidate. Reason being, with ENS there comes a bit of obligation on employer's part to ensure employment of the candidate for certain period of time..etc.

Having said that,in your case if the current employer is ready to sponsor you for ENS then that is the best possible scenario. Try and go for it
Thanks for the feedback guys, looks like we'll be changing to a 176 instead.

We applied for state sponsorship last night, it said 30 days to process, then after we'd finished completing it it said 3 months minimum to process, things getting changed yet again, getting pretty sick of this.

We've got the form 1100, we cant apply for state sponsorship visa before we get approved by the state, right? Is there a time limit after applying that you must change your application to another visa within?
Old Sep 8th 2009, 1:31 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

We've got the form 1100, we cant apply for state sponsorship visa before we get approved by the state, right?
Hi
If you have applied for 175, you've already applied for 176.
Old Sep 8th 2009, 1:46 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by JAJ
Hi
If you have applied for 175, you've already applied for 176.
Hi JAJ, thanks for replying.

How do you mean?

We've just applied for the state nomination yesterday, so could we contact DIAC and inform them that we've received State Nomination a couple months down the line, give them the nomination number and ask them to add it to our 175 application and it'll be processed as if it were a 176?
Old Sep 8th 2009, 1:48 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Hi JAJ, thanks for replying.

How do you mean?
I meant exactly what I said in post #9.
Old Sep 8th 2009, 2:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for the feedback guys, looks like we'll be changing to a 176 instead.

We applied for state sponsorship last night, it said 30 days to process, then after we'd finished completing it it said 3 months minimum to process, things getting changed yet again, getting pretty sick of this.

We've got the form 1100, we cant apply for state sponsorship visa before we get approved by the state, right? Is there a time limit after applying that you must change your application to another visa within?
You have already applied for 175, and then applied for sponsorship from a state right?

In that case, if and when the states grants you the sponsorship, they will send a form to DIAC (may be after taking your consent) and subsequently your application will be converted from 175 to 176 (you may need to send a PLE though), without any additional hassle/money.

So dont worry about it now. You have done all you could do at this point in time...so sit tight with fingers crossed
Old Sep 8th 2009, 7:41 am
Just Joined

What's a PLE? Sorry.

Very cryptic JAJ haha, but I think I get it after supriyag123's post.

Even though we didn't tick the box on our 175 application saying that we had or had applied for a state sponsorship, now that we have applied for state sponsorship, if it is accepted they will send it to the DIAC and our application will be looked at as if it were a 176?
Old Sep 8th 2009, 7:49 am
Forum Regular

erco is just really niceerco is just really niceerco is just really niceerco is just really niceerco is just really niceerco is just really niceerco is just really niceerco is just really nice

we were waiting for a reply on 175 when the CSL was seriously cropped. we immediately changed to a 176 (mid march2009). got our reply for sponsorship in July and got our DIAC representitive August. now going for meds.

its a bit of a minefield and i think you need to view your case individually.

Erco
Old Sep 8th 2009, 7:56 am
BE Enthusiast

What's a PLE? Sorry.
Post lodgment enquiry..or something along that line
Even though we didn't tick the box on our 175 application saying that we had or had applied for a state sponsorship, now that we have applied for state sponsorship, if it is accepted they will send it to the DIAC and our application will be looked at as if it were a 176?
Precisely yes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.