457:Anybody dealt with Freespirit.com.au?

Old Aug 21st 2007, 12:02 pm
Just Joined

hetty is an unknown quantity at this point
Question 457:Anybody dealt with Freespirit.com.au?

Desperate to return to Oz after a 12 month working holiday, I stumbled across Freespirit on the net. They describe themselves as a business sponsor who will sponsor you on the 457 visa on behalf of other companies. Only catch is, you must command a salary of at least $55k inc super. Even with a degree in Advertising along 15 months experience of writing radio ads and around 6 months as a newspaper artworker in Queensland, I consider myself fairly 'green' in the industry (and $55k seems a lot for a grasshooper!) so was a little suspicious when Freespirit said I meet all their criteria for sponsorship and could proceed with all the form filling (and payment, of course). I'm also wondering why many of the jobs listed on their job board seem to be there permanently....

Am I being overly suspicious or am I underestimating my talents?!
Old Aug 21st 2007, 1:30 pm
Forum Regular

AnnaB is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 457:Anybody dealt with Freespirit.com.au?

Originally Posted by hetty
Desperate to return to Oz after a 12 month working holiday, I stumbled across Freespirit on the net. They describe themselves as a business sponsor who will sponsor you on the 457 visa on behalf of other companies. Only catch is, you must command a salary of at least $55k inc super. Even with a degree in Advertising along 15 months experience of writing radio ads and around 6 months as a newspaper artworker in Queensland, I consider myself fairly 'green' in the industry (and $55k seems a lot for a grasshooper!) so was a little suspicious when Freespirit said I meet all their criteria for sponsorship and could proceed with all the form filling (and payment, of course). I'm also wondering why many of the jobs listed on their job board seem to be there permanently....

Am I being overly suspicious or am I underestimating my talents?!
Hi

We looked at Freespirit and also met their criteria, but we also had to find ourselves a job first with a minimum contract of 3 months, pay would have to go through them and they would take % of this for administration etc. Do you have a job offer ?
Old Aug 21st 2007, 3:01 pm
Forum Regular

lokagirl08 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I am currently processing my 457 visa with Freespirit. I was the one who looked for an employer and have Freespirit processed the sponsorship. If you happen to find an employer who directly sponsor much better rather than having it processed by an agency who will for sure get some % out of your salary.

I hope my visa will come soon. Good luck!
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 5:05 am
Forum Regular

bagspacked will become famous soon enoughbagspacked will become famous soon enough

I had looked at them too but their fees equate to almost 10% of salary or 5,500 per year, assuming 2 years working, over 10k.

If they can get you a job then you could get in with them but its pricey