Old Aug 3rd 2007, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

boyz119 will become famous soon enoughboyz119 will become famous soon enough
Default 457

457 App - 10 wks today.

Meds done & finalised
App being processed further. (2 wks now)

Anyone beat 10 wks waiting?
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 8:50 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 457

We are waiting for our 136 - so i know how you feel!
I think the worst thing is not knowing what is happening

When you can look at a timeline and say - 'well we have x weeks to wait' - it doesnt seem so bad. Once you are weeks past what you are expecting and have no idea when the visa is going to show it gets really annoying.

Someone just tell me what is going on!!!!! :curse:

Tiggs
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 8:53 am
Forum Regular

lokagirl08 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by boyz119
457 App - 10 wks today.

Meds done & finalised
App being processed further. (2 wks now)

Anyone beat 10 wks waiting?

My sister got her visa after 14 weeks.. we're from high risk country..
I think you need to verify already with DIAC.. they will entertain your
query considering that application is beyond the processing time of 6-8 weeks.. good luck!
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 9:10 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lokagirl08
My sister got her visa after 14 weeks.. we're from high risk country..
I think you need to verify already with DIAC.. they will entertain your
query considering that application is beyond the processing time of 6-8 weeks.. good luck!
Thanks for advice, but already have done so this week.

Reply was, err how shall we put it, short and not so sweet.

Basically we have your app, if you have provided all of the required details, then all you need to do is WAIT.

What do they think we've been doing for the last 10 wks?
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 9:20 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for advice, but already have done so this week.

Reply was, err how shall we put it, short and not so sweet.

Basically we have your app, if you have provided all of the required details, then all you need to do is WAIT.

What do they think we've been doing for the last 10 wks?
Maybe it depends on the person who will answer your call.. when we called DIAC the person was so accomodating that he even gave the direct number of my Case Officer. When we called our CO.. visa was granted a day after..
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 9:30 am
Forum Regular

Maybe it depends on the person who will answer your call.. when we called DIAC the person was so accomodating that he even gave the direct number of my Case Officer. When we called our CO.. visa was granted a day after..
Are you already in Oz. How did you contact DIAC. Because i couldn't get to speak to DIAC from UK, had to go to Australia House London, who were polite, but didn't really answer much, so then contacted DIAC and got reply as above. We don't even know if we have a CO allocated! Never had any other contact, except reply to our email.
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 9:45 am
Forum Regular

Are you already in Oz. How did you contact DIAC. Because i couldn't get to speak to DIAC from UK, had to go to Australia House London, who were polite, but didn't really answer much, so then contacted DIAC and got reply as above. We don't even know if we have a CO allocated! Never had any other contact, except reply to our email.
In our country no 457 is being processed so I called DIAC Sydney, they can check from the system everything about your application, maybe that's why he was able to give me the number of my CO and the status. And since he cannot give me any information pertaining to my application he asked me to call my CO instead to check on the status further. By the way, my application was processed in Melbourne Business Centre and they we're able to know that as well. So that means their system can check everything.
I dunno know if it is ok to post the number of DIAC here give me your emaill and i'll send it to you..
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 9:48 am
Forum Regular

In our country no 457 is being processed so I called DIAC Sydney, they can check from the system everything about your application, maybe that's why he was able to give me the number of my CO and the status. And since he cannot give me any information pertaining to my application he asked me to call my CO instead to check on the status further. By the way, my application was processed in Melbourne Business Centre and they we're able to know that as well. So that means their system can check everything.
I dunno know if it is ok to post the number of DIAC here give me your emaill and i'll send it to you..
sent pm
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 3:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

nigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud of

We are also 10 weeks today, meds not even showing as received yet alone finalised, so I expect to be waiting a while yet.

Its good that everyone keeps posting about progress and visa grants it at least lets you know there is some activity

sarah
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 4:02 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by nigelb
We are also 10 weeks today, meds not even showing as received yet alone finalised, so I expect to be waiting a while yet.

Its good that everyone keeps posting about progress and visa grants it at least lets you know there is some activity

sarah
OMG Sarah,

I thought that we were the only ones on 10 wks.

When did you get your meds done, were they sent snail mail?
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 4:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

nigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud of

Meds were done 26th June, they went by courier who said 5 days to sydney who knows where they are now....

Panel doctor said all was ok with bloods and xrays so all we can is wait.

it seems from reading all 457 posts that various reasons are being added to the pot i.e student visa taking priority for new term, PR meds are being processed from 17th june so ours must be somewhere in between.

lets hope we stay sane while we wait... bubbly will be on ice for a while yet I fear

sarah
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 4:26 pm
Forum Regular

Meds were done 26th June, they went by courier who said 5 days to sydney who knows where they are now....

Panel doctor said all was ok with bloods and xrays so all we can is wait.

it seems from reading all 457 posts that various reasons are being added to the pot i.e student visa taking priority for new term, PR meds are being processed from 17th june so ours must be somewhere in between.

lets hope we stay sane while we wait... bubbly will be on ice for a while yet I fear

sarah

Our meds done 13/06
Rec'd electroncially 15/06
Meds Finalised 22/06

Then nothing until 20/07 = Processing further & nothing since.

Don't know what we are waiting for! If we knew something, waiting for a reason or how long we were likely to be waiting, then it wouldn't be so bad. Its just being stuck, with no idea of whats going on or why, you can't arrange/plan anything.
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 4:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

I know, you see so many people booking flights etc but it just doesn't seem worth it with current backlog. A few weeks back people were booking flights when they applied online because they knew 457 would be 4-6 weeks in processing. I don't really feel comfortable with the ETA if visa not through in time so guess I will wait until visa arrives.

sarah
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 4:34 pm
Forum Regular

I know, you see so many people booking flights etc but it just doesn't seem worth it with current backlog. A few weeks back people were booking flights when they applied online because they knew 457 would be 4-6 weeks in processing. I don't really feel comfortable with the ETA if visa not through in time so guess I will wait until visa arrives.

sarah
No quite right, we're not risking anything either, would rather wait and be sure.

Be the waiting is horrendous, it bugging the hell out of me now. Especially knowing that generally its a 4-6 wk turnaround.
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 4:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

If patience is a virtue then we are at the front of the virtue queue by my calculations!!!

sarah

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.