457-175 Visa

Old Dec 29th 2008, 2:39 pm
Forum Regular

Radlam is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 457-175 Visa

How long do you need to be out of the country for when validating the 175 PR visa? Is it just a case of leaving the Island, or you do you have to spend a certain length of time oveseas before returning?
Old Dec 29th 2008, 6:17 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 457-175 Visa

Up to 10 working days, but most people get away with less. New Zealand is the most popular choice.

By the way, your visa is never granted while you are onshore. You have to leave before it can be granted.
Old Dec 29th 2008, 6:27 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JAJ
Up to 10 working days, but most people get away with less. New Zealand is the most popular choice.

By the way, your visa is never granted while you are onshore. You have to leave before it can be granted.
So how do I go about doing that? I have to leave for it to be granted, and then leave again to validate it?
Old Dec 29th 2008, 6:33 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Radlam
So how do I go about doing that? I have to leave for it to be granted, and then leave again to validate it?
The visa is "validated" when you make first entry to Australia.
Old Dec 29th 2008, 6:35 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JAJ
The visa is "validated" when you make first entry to Australia.
So it is granted but not validated? I will already be in Australia under a 457 visa.
Old Dec 29th 2008, 6:36 pm
JAJ
Retired

So it is granted but not validated? I will already be in Australia under a 457 visa.
Correct. As soon as it is granted, your 457 is cancelled.

If the 175 visa is not validated, it will be cancelled.
Old Dec 29th 2008, 6:38 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JAJ
Correct. As soon as it is granted, your 457 is cancelled.

If the 175 visa is not validated, it will be cancelled.
But you just told me it wouldnt be granted until I was offshore. How will I know I have PR whilst I am in OZ under 457?
Old Dec 29th 2008, 6:54 pm
JAJ
Retired

How will I know I have PR whilst I am in OZ under 457?
You won't have it, that's why.

They will tell you when they are ready to grant the 175, and then they will expect you to leave. Whole family must go.

Why can't your employer sponsor you for a permanent visa?
Old Dec 29th 2008, 6:59 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JAJ

They will tell you when they are ready to grant the 175, and then they will expect you to leave. Whole family must go.

TBH I dont want to be stuck with the same employer for 2 years, I will be applying for the 175 visa straight away so I have the freedom. I can apply for a 175 outright and have enough points etc but I dont want to wait that long and to have the job security for the first few months seems like the best option without being stuck with them for too long.

They have told me that aslong as they are happy with me once I have arrived they will sponsor me for PR but wont do so outright. I am not too bothered about this as I am in the same position. I dont want to be tied to them without fully knowing the company the same they dont want the expense and be tied to me for 2 years.

When I first started looking into emmigrating after spending a few months in OZ, I had no idea how complicated it would be!! I guess its the same for most though.
Old Dec 29th 2008, 7:17 pm
JAJ
Retired

There is no specific 2 year tie to the employer with ENS. Are you confused with RSMS?

Your choice on how to proceed but do be aware that as recession takes a grip on the world economy, immigration is going to get harder - not easier.

Also be aware of the risks and costs inherent in the 457 visa.
Old Dec 29th 2008, 7:20 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JAJ
There is no specific 2 year tie to the employer with ENS. Are you confused with RSMS?

Your choice on how to proceed but do be aware that as recession takes a grip on the world economy, immigration is going to get harder - not easier.

Also be aware of the risks and costs inherent in the 457 visa.
Hmmm maybe I need to research a bit more. I am not sure what the difference is between ENS and RSMS is.

What costs are involved in the 457 visa?

Edit:

Just done the research. I wouldnt go for either the ENS or RSMS. I would only go for a 175 visa with a job offer. That would give me 125 points so not needing the requirement of a sponsor.

Last edited by Radlam; Dec 29th 2008 at 8:00 pm.
Old Dec 29th 2008, 8:14 pm
JAJ
Retired

What costs are involved in the 457 visa?
http://britishexpats.com/wiki/457_Visa_Restrictions
Old Dec 29th 2008, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

Yeah had a read of that before, just seems to be school fees (no kids) and medical care that could cost. Its only going to be for the first 12 months so fingers crossed we can withstand any illness or injuries until after this time. Ha, Ha

Thanks for all the help matey!
Old Dec 30th 2008, 12:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

man_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by JAJ

A lot of people applied for 175 while on the 457 because they had the points and it was more straight forward than ENS (ie. no waiting around for company to get their ass in gear with paperwork etc). But it seams that new priority for processing threw a spanner in the works.
Old Dec 30th 2008, 2:37 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by man_called_Horse
A lot of people applied for 175 while on the 457 because they had the points and it was more straight forward than ENS (ie. no waiting around for company to get their ass in gear with paperwork etc). But it seams that new priority for processing threw a spanner in the works.
Can you recommened a better way of me getting in? If a 457 visa first followed by a 175 is not my best option then I would appreciate any advice on what is.

I dont want to wait here for another 12 months for the 175 to get granted.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.