2nd stage PR Pollyana

Old Mar 15th 2006, 11:26 pm
mczuurbier

Default 2nd stage PR Pollyana

Hi Pollyana,
Did you already hear something from DIMIA about your PR application ?
When did you sent in the paperwork ? I am still waiting for the forms.
I applied for a spouse visa on the 4th of May 2004, so I should receive
them any time soon. I am already gathering evidence. I got the Dutch
and the Australian Police Clearance certificates !
Regards,
Claire

Old Mar 16th 2006, 1:04 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2nd stage PR Pollyana

Originally Posted by mczuurbier
Hi Pollyana,
Did you already hear something from DIMIA about your PR application ?
When did you sent in the paperwork ? I am still waiting for the forms.
I applied for a spouse visa on the 4th of May 2004, so I should receive
them any time soon. I am already gathering evidence. I got the Dutch
and the Australian Police Clearance certificates !
Regards,
Claire
My two years were up on Feb 25th, I sent all the paperwork in on January 20th, and as yet have heard nothing........

I was sent the request from DIMA at Christmas - so, two months before the 2 years were up - should get yours soon
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 3:21 am
Banned

smurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to behold
Question Re: 2nd stage PR Pollyana

Originally Posted by Pollyana
My two years were up on Feb 25th, I sent all the paperwork in on January 20th, and as yet have heard nothing........

I was sent the request from DIMA at Christmas - so, two months before the 2 years were up - should get yours soon
My wife's spouse visa was granted offshore (sub class:309).Now we are both living inside Australia.Does she have to leave Australia to get her PR visa?

Thanks
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 3:39 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by smurtaza
My wife's spouse visa was granted offshore (sub class:309).Now we are both living inside Australia.Does she have to leave Australia to get her PR visa?

Thanks
No
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 3:44 am
Banned

smurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to behold
Question Re: 2nd stage PR Pollyana

Originally Posted by Pollyana
No
Moreover,she can expect to receive the forms from DIMA few months before, when she had actually validated her provisional visa?Or when the visa was granted overseas?
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 3:48 am
Home and Happy

Like others on here, she should receive them about two months before the second anniverasry of the application fir the temp visa.
Old Mar 24th 2006, 3:23 am
mczuurbier

I talked to the Residency department in Melbourne and they told me it's
one month before the second anniversary of the application for the temp
visa.

Old Mar 24th 2006, 5:25 am
Home and Happy

visa.
Guess it can vary - several people I know, and I, myself, received ours about two months before. )
Old Mar 24th 2006, 5:46 am
Forum Regular

pomref has a brilliant futurepomref has a brilliant futurepomref has a brilliant futurepomref has a brilliant futurepomref has a brilliant futurepomref has a brilliant futurepomref has a brilliant future

visa.
Its Two months from date of grant not when you summited forms so if you submited forms in may 4th 2004 onshore and the visa was granted say on the 4 th june 2004 it will be about 4 th april 2006 when you do second stage.

If you submitted the forms offshore its two years from the date you arrive in Australia so if it was granted on 4th may 2004 but you dident arrive in Australia untill 4th july 2004 then it will be about 4th may 2006 when forms go out to you.
Old Mar 24th 2006, 5:51 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by pomref
Its Two months from date of grant not when you summited forms so if you submited forms in may 4th 2004 onshore and the visa was granted say on the 4 th june 2004 it will be about 4 th april 2006 when you do second stage.

If you submitted the forms offshore its two years from the date you arrive in Australia so if it was granted on 4th may 2004 but you dident arrive in Australia untill 4th july 2004 then it will be about 4th may 2006 when forms go out to you.
As I said before, I don't think theres a firm date - it varies
My timeline - temp visa app filed 24/2/05
Granted 18/3/05
Papers for PR app sent out to me 28/12/05
Papers filed 19/1/06
PR granted.............?????????
Old Mar 25th 2006, 10:34 am
BE Enthusiast

jasper pentop is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi There all....
We sent off our 2nd stage PR a few weeks ago. We were only given three weeks to collect all the info and return but we got it in early!! Anyway, as April rapidly approaches, so does our 2 year anniversary since our temp PR Spouse visa being granted. I am guessing that if DIMIA don't get back to us before then, my partner isnt an illegal immigrant so to speak, we have handed in all our papers and just waiting to hear back (sounds like it might be a while?).... I guess we shouldn't worried, but are we covered?! Is a bridging visa granted temporarily in teh system without us knowing....... what's the deal!
Great to see all the people who applied for Spouse visas the same time as we did up for the 2nd stage! Congratulations!

JP
Old Mar 25th 2006, 2:14 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by jasper pentop
Hi There all....
We sent off our 2nd stage PR a few weeks ago. We were only given three weeks to collect all the info and return but we got it in early!! Anyway, as April rapidly approaches, so does our 2 year anniversary since our temp PR Spouse visa being granted. I am guessing that if DIMIA don't get back to us before then, my partner isnt an illegal immigrant so to speak, we have handed in all our papers and just waiting to hear back (sounds like it might be a while?).... I guess we shouldn't worried, but are we covered?! Is a bridging visa granted temporarily in teh system without us knowing....... what's the deal!
Great to see all the people who applied for Spouse visas the same time as we did up for the 2nd stage! Congratulations!

JP
I had to check the wording for my boss at work last week, and while I can't remember exactly, the temp visa says something on the sticker about it being a valid visa until a decision is made on the PR, or until the application is withdrawn. So, effectively, you don't get a bridging visa, the temp residence visa is still in effect until you either receive the PR visa, or until you receive the decision not to grant it (which hopefully won't apply in our cases!!). All the conditions of the temp visa still apply too - multiple entry etc.
I'll look out for your Got It post.....
Old Mar 26th 2006, 8:10 am
mczuurbier

I am a bit confused now. Do I get the papers for PR 2 months before the
2 year anniversary of the appliaction for the temp visa ? Or 2 months
before the date that it's 2 years ago that I arrived in Australia. I
always read and understood the first. This is the first time I hear
that the date of arrival is the starting point ! I applied in Germany
in May 2004 and arrived in Australia in September 2004.

Old Apr 3rd 2006, 10:29 am
BE Enthusiast

jasper pentop is an unknown quantity at this point

I am a bit confused now. Do I get the papers for PR 2 months before the
2 year anniversary of the appliaction for the temp visa ? Or 2 months
before the date that it's 2 years ago that I arrived in Australia. I
always read and understood the first. This is the first time I hear
that the date of arrival is the starting point ! I applied in Germany
in May 2004 and arrived in Australia in September 2004.
Hey there
its is two months before the two year anniversary of APPLICATION!!! Hope that helps
Old Apr 3rd 2006, 11:40 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pomref

Incorrect in both cases - it's two years from date of *application* and DIMA ought to be in touch no less than 2 months before that date. If they don't get in touch - call them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.