2nd Fiance Visa and 5 year limit

Old Aug 1st 2003, 3:16 am
Carlo

Default 2nd Fiance Visa and 5 year limit

Hi

I am after advice .

SCENARIO

I am applying for my 2nd fiance visa within a 5 year frame. My 1st
fiance visa was approved in November 1998 so soon it will be 5 years.

ISSUE

I have known my new fiance for 2 and a half years. I have compelling
circumstances

1/my previous fiance was dishonest
2/the relationship with current fiance is long standing

The question is this. I want to save time. Should I submit my
application now and explain my situation and compelling circumstances?
How long does it take for them to even start looking at my case. Or
should I wait till November exactly just in case someone doesnt care
at DIMA and just knocks it back based on date??

thanks for help Carlo

Old Aug 1st 2003, 5:11 am
Just Joined

Dick is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 2nd Fiance Visa and 5 year limit

always WAIT - THERE IS NO FLEXIBILITY WITH dima - THEY SET RULES and you have to meet them. I ignored one of their rules about paperwork I had needed as I had stayed in Aus in total over 12months but only by three days - they still made me go away and wait again. If you submit an application that does not meet the crieteria - there's always just the next case (of zillions) waiting on their desk to process - it's easier to knock you back in 5 mins flat (it's another statistic tick on thier case completions) - good for them, bad for you.

Dick

Originally posted by Carlo
Hi

I am after advice .

SCENARIO

I am applying for my 2nd fiance visa within a 5 year frame. My 1st
fiance visa was approved in November 1998 so soon it will be 5 years.

ISSUE

I have known my new fiance for 2 and a half years. I have compelling
circumstances

The question is this. I want to save time. Should I submit my
application now and explain my situation and compelling circumstances?
How long does it take for them to even start looking at my case. Or
should I wait till November exactly just in case someone doesnt care
at DIMA and just knocks it back based on date??

thanks for help Carlo
Old Aug 1st 2003, 5:20 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

I have known my new fiance for 2 and a half years. I have compelling circumstances

Carlo,

IIRC, compelling circumstances involving sponsoring partners usually involve the death of the previous partner. This means that if your previous partner has passed away within the last 5 years and you've found someone new, that can be considered a compelling reason.

I don't have the full set of guidelines with me at the moment, so I'm simply recalling from memory, which is getting from bad to worse, may I add.

I take it that you're aware that you are limited to a lifetime grand total of 2 partner sponsorships, unless an exception is granted.

Peter
Old Aug 1st 2003, 5:21 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

I have known my new fiance for 2 and a half years. I have compelling circumstances

Carlo,

IIRC, compelling circumstances involving sponsoring partners usually involve the death of the previous partner. This means that if your previous partner has passed away within the last 5 years and you've found someone new, that can be considered a compelling reason.

I don't have the full set of guidelines with me at the moment, so I'm simply recalling from memory, which is getting from bad to worse, may I add.

I take it that you're aware that you are limited to a lifetime grand total of 2 partner sponsorships, unless an exception is granted.

Peter