Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

263111 & confusion on points for experience and qualification

263111 & confusion on points for experience and qualification

Old Nov 26th 2012, 11:37 pm

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Currently you do not meet the invited score:(

Originally Posted by Mausam
I have emailed the case officer today.Waiting for her response now.

Has anyone got the invite if assessed score (By case officer) does not meet the invited score (Calculated by skill-select).

Were there any cases when the case officer was convinced???
No. If your score is different to what you claimed (intentionally or unintentionally), you are most likely going be refused - as you have already discovered.
Old Nov 27th 2012, 5:29 am
Just Joined

Mausam is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

Thanks to all for your inputs...

I would like to clarify that i had applied ACS for 263111 code.

I have qualification equivalent to AQF Diploma with major in computing which I did in year 2003 prior to starting my employment.

I got Positive skill assessment for 8 years experience from ACS (15 points awarded)

However I did my B.Tech along with my work and completed in the year 2010.So my highest qualification is Bachelor’s degree and i got 15 points for the same.

Case officer had missed the point that i have Diploma to prove my qualification prior to the work and she is reluctant to award points for experience before my B.TECH(i.e 2006-2010).I have explained the same situation to DIAC and waiting for their response.

Hope it is clear now....
Old Nov 27th 2012, 5:36 am

mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All,

Thanks to all for your inputs...

I would like to clarify that i had applied ACS for 263111 code.

I have qualification equivalent to AQF Diploma with major in computing which I did in year 2003 prior to starting my employment.

I got Positive skill assessment for 8 years experience from ACS (15 points awarded)

However I did my B.Tech along with my work and completed in the year 2010.So my highest qualification is Bachelor’s degree and i got 15 points for the same.

Case officer had missed the point that i have Diploma to prove my qualification prior to the work and she is reluctant to award points for experience before my B.TECH(i.e 2006-2010).I have explained the same situation to DIAC and waiting for their response.

Hope it is clear now....
It was clear before. ACS don't decide how many points you get. DIAC are the ones that decide whether your points match or not. You obtained your BTech in 2010, so most of the experience is pre-qualification.
Old Nov 28th 2012, 4:45 am
Just Joined

I am sorry if i am unable to explain my situation....

The situation is i did my Diploma in 2003 and then 8 years of skilled experience...It should fetch me 15 points

EOPI asked me about my highest qualification which at this point of time is B.Tech so the skillselect gave me 15 Points for my b.Tech...

I hope i am meeting the criteria here......
Old Nov 28th 2012, 4:52 am

I am sorry if i am unable to explain my situation....

The situation is i did my Diploma in 2003 and then 8 years of skilled experience...It should fetch me 15 points

EOPI asked me about my highest qualification which at this point of time is B.Tech so the skillselect gave me 15 Points for my b.Tech...

I hope i am meeting the criteria here......
There's no need to keep repeating it ad infinitum. It was clear the first time you posted - and in the subsequent posts too.

What it comes down to is that you believe that the experience you gained before the BTech should be usable for the purposes of points. DIAC appear to disagree with that.
Old Nov 28th 2012, 6:39 am
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Mausam,

What you've encountered is known as a "deeming date". They say that if ACS accepted a qualification as relevant to being a professional then you couldn't have been a professional beforehand. This is just another example of how disingenuous DIAC is - they desperately try to tell people that they don't need migration agents but then to find out about their current deeming date approach you'd need to have purchased $2000 worth of databases and know how to research it.

Mausam if you haven't had a refusal already then I'm interested in helping, email below.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old Nov 28th 2012, 10:27 am
Forum Regular

jackliz5 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by George Lombard
Hi Mausam,

What you've encountered is known as a "deeming date". They say that if ACS accepted a qualification as relevant to being a professional then you couldn't have been a professional beforehand. This is just another example of how disingenuous DIAC is - they desperately try to tell people that they don't need migration agents but then to find out about their current deeming date approach you'd need to have purchased $2000 worth of databases and know how to research it.

Mausam if you haven't had a refusal already then I'm interested in helping, email below.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Hi

What is "deeming date"? Is this a new stuff?

Thanks
Old Nov 28th 2012, 5:49 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackliz5
Hi

What is "deeming date"? Is this a new stuff?

Thanks
You can search that term on this forum - it used to be very common for ACS and TRA applications where the skills assessment said that someone had attained a skill level as of a particular date. Mausam needs an agent basically.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old Dec 1st 2012, 5:24 am
Just Joined

Hi George,

I had applied for this immigration through a migration agent.

Can i claim 8+ years along with my degree? I don't have any gape in my experience and I have proof for that.

Can you please tell me if Bachelor Degree points will be awarded to me as that is my highest qualification now.
Old Dec 1st 2012, 6:36 am
Reg. Migration Agent

Hi George,

I had applied for this immigration through a migration agent.

Can i claim 8+ years along with my degree? I don't have any gape in my experience and I have proof for that.

Can you please tell me if Bachelor Degree points will be awarded to me as that is my highest qualification now.
Hi Mausam,

If your agent is a registered migration agent then they should be answering these questions. If the person is not registered then of course you get what you pay for, very sorry.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old Dec 2nd 2012, 7:24 am
Forum Regular

jackliz5 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by George Lombard
You can search that term on this forum - it used to be very common for ACS and TRA applications where the skills assessment said that someone had attained a skill level as of a particular date. Mausam needs an agent basically.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Many thanks George. Got it by search.

Cheers!!!

Mausam, as your name suggesting I believe you are an Indian origin. If you need an agent then make sure that you are using a MARA agent like George. I do not think so that there are many in India who are registered, transparent and reliable. Hence, hiring agent like George who is vast experienced and helpful will be best option for you.
Old Dec 4th 2012, 12:56 am
Forum Regular

madankumars is an unknown quantity at this point

If I remember correctly, I was in a similar situation almost 10 years back. In fact ACS assessment came back as "unsuitable for migration". Then I asked George to be my agent. Now I am a citizen :-)

I would highly recommend George for these type of issues. He has dealt extensively with persons of Indian origin with Indian qualifications.
Old Dec 18th 2012, 2:52 pm
Just Joined

Default 263111 & confusion on points for experience and qualification

As per the ANZSCO, the Skill Level entry requirement for the occupation of a Computer Network and Systems Engineer- ANZSCO - 263111 is a Bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience and or relevant vendor certification may substitute for the formal qualification.

Case Officer had replied:

->As per the skills assessment provided from ACS dated 05/09/2012, your Associate MembershipExamination Parts A and B from the Institution of Engineers completed in September 2010 has been assessed as comparable to an Australian Bachelor Degree.This means that your skilled
level of employment begins only after September 2010. This would mean that you would only meet 3 out of 10 years of skilled employment points as you were invited on 01/10/2012.
Question:If skilled employment is calculated after September than its 2 years by now and not 3 years.

->"total skilled work experience to the date of application equates to 8years and 4 months. If 5 years of work experience is taken in lieu of formal qualification, you will have only 3 years and 4 months of work at the skilled level provided you meet the employment requirements."

Case officer advised us to withdraw the case.We are planning to apply an EOI.

All Senior Memebers here meed your help and advice.......

Can you please let me know what is the highest qualification i should mention in EOI in the above snenario?
Old Dec 18th 2012, 3:02 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 263111 & confusion on points for experience and qualification

As per the ANZSCO, the Skill Level entry requirement for the occupation of a Computer Network and Systems Engineer- ANZSCO - 263111 is a Bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience and or relevant vendor certification may substitute for the formal qualification.

->As per the skills assessment provided from ACS dated 05/09/2012, your Associate MembershipExamination Parts A and B from the Institution of Engineers completed in September 2010 has been assessed as comparable to an Australian Bachelor Degree.This means that your skilled
level of employment begins only after September 2010. This would mean that you would only meet 3 out of 10 years of skilled employment points as you were invited on 01/10/2012.
Question:If skilled employment is calculated after September than its 2 years by now and not 3 years.

->"total skilled work experience to the date of application equates to 8years and 4 months. If 5 years of work experience is taken in lieu of formal qualification, you will have only 3 years and 4 months of work at the skilled level provided you meet the employment requirements."

Can you please let me know what is the highest qualification i should mention in EOI in the above snenario?
As advised in your previous thread, you need to consult a registered migration agent.

Threads merged so people answering can see the whole story.
Old Dec 18th 2012, 4:13 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 263111 & confusion on points for experience and qualification

As you have previously mentioned that you are using an agent - surely this is a question that they should be answering. If you are no longer using that agent, given your history with DIAC, you would be best advised to employ an agent such as George Lombard to get the best outcome possible rather than relying on forum members who may not be aware of all rules

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.