2019-20 Migration Plan

Old Mar 22nd 2019, 12:18 am
BE Enthusiast

TeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond repute
Default 2019-20 Migration Plan

The current government has announced their 2019-20 Migration Plan (NB: there is a Federal election this year)
https://www.pm.gov.au/media/plan-aus...ure-population

The yearly ceiling on Permanent Residence Visas will reduce from 190,000 to 160,000 (-20,000 skilled visas -10,000 family visas).
Plus, to encourage migrants to choose locations other than the main cities (e.g. Sydney and Melbourne), increased ability to select applicants has been provided to the States and Territories within the Skilled Independent Visa options, including an increase in the number of 489 visas available.

There has been a significant reduction in the number of 189 skilled visas and partner visas.

We have provided an analysis of the change in visa ceilings on our website:
https://www.taylormadeimmigration.com/2019-20%20Migration%20Plan
Old Mar 27th 2019, 9:03 am
BE Enthusiast

peace19 has a spectacular aura aboutpeace19 has a spectacular aura aboutpeace19 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: 2019-20 Migration Plan

Thanks for sharing info.

My wife has applied for partner visa 309/100 in Feb 2018. How do you think this new visa policy/plan will effect her application/case?

Many thanks.
Old Mar 27th 2019, 9:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

TeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by peace19
Thanks for sharing info.

My wife has applied for partner visa 309/100 in Feb 2018. How do you think this new visa policy/plan will effect her application/case?

Many thanks.
There is a quota of places available for Partner visas each year. Assuming the governments migration plan is implemented then the number of partner places has reduced by just over 8000, therefore (depending upon government policy and the numbers of people who have submitted partner visas and the fact that the waiting times have been increasing over the last couple of year) it is possible there will be a longer waiting period?
Old Mar 28th 2019, 12:22 am
BE Enthusiast

peace19 has a spectacular aura aboutpeace19 has a spectacular aura aboutpeace19 has a spectacular aura about

Thanks for your response.

I always thought the new visa policy effect's the applicants who have lodged the applications after the new policy is commenced.

May be I was wrong.

Thanks.
Peace
Old Mar 28th 2019, 3:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by peace19
Thanks for your response.

I always thought the new visa policy effect's the applicants who have lodged the applications after the new policy is commenced.

May be I was wrong.

Thanks.
Peace
Processing times are not set at the time of application.
Processing times have always varied over time and are subject to change depending upon the quota allotted to that visa subclass for that year and the number of people who have applied for the visa. If the quota decreases of the number of people who have applied for the visa increase then the result will be processing times increase and vice versa.
Old Mar 30th 2019, 4:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Thank you for your detailed response.

Peace!