2 year comitment?

Old Nov 13th 2010, 7:36 pm
Just Joined

Willi79 will become famous soon enough
Default 2 year comitment?

Hi to all,
Can anybody tell me when the 2 year commitment begins with regards to state sponsorship, and is it acceptable with sponsoring states to make a trip to validate a 176 PR visa then return later to settle permanently?

We have had a request for police checks & meds so am assuming are visa would be valid for next 12 months. Trouble is we plan to be married next year and wasn't expecting to re-locate until 2012.

Your help an advice is much appreciated
Old Nov 13th 2010, 8:07 pm
Forum Regular

Saracen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 2 year comitment?

Naturally you have to spend 2 years in that state when you finally move to Australia.
I believe they give you five years period after visa grant to move for good.
Old Nov 13th 2010, 9:54 pm
Newlywed

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Willi79 View Post
Hi to all,
Can anybody tell me when the 2 year commitment begins with regards to state sponsorship, and is it acceptable with sponsoring states to make a trip to validate a 176 PR visa then return later to settle permanently?

We have had a request for police checks & meds so am assuming are visa would be valid for next 12 months. Trouble is we plan to be married next year and wasn't expecting to re-locate until 2012.

You are expected to live and work in the sponsoring state for 2 years. It begins when you move permanently to Australia.

If you are planning to get married next year, is your fiance listed on your application now?
Old Nov 14th 2010, 6:57 am
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

Hi to all,

Your meds and police checks are valid for 12 months from the date they are completed and you will need to validate within that 12 months. But once you have done that you are free to leave and then return in 2012 if that is what you wish. Good luck!
Old Nov 14th 2010, 8:48 am
Just Joined

Willi79 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Dorothy View Post
You are expected to live and work in the sponsoring state for 2 years. It begins when you move permanently to Australia.

If you are planning to get married next year, is your fiance listed on your application now?
Thanks guys,
Yes my fiance is listed as defaco partner. Although my 5 week old son isn't at the moment, we've just applied for his passport so will add him on once recieved.
Trouble is our case officer has given us 28 days for meds etc which isn't a problem for me and my fiance, but not sure we'll get his passport in time.
Old Nov 14th 2010, 8:55 am
Newlywed

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys,
Yes my fiance is listed as defaco partner. Although my 5 week old son isn't at the moment, we've just applied for his passport so will add him on once recieved.
Trouble is our case officer has given us 28 days for meds etc which isn't a problem for me and my fiance, but not sure we'll get his passport in time.
You can notify your case officer that you have a new baby and will be adding him as soon as his passport is in. You guys get your meds done now and when the little guy's passport comes you can get his done.

Congratulations on your new baby.
Old Nov 14th 2010, 11:31 am
Forum Regular

sooperlids is on a distinguished road

Thanks guys,
We got a passport for our new baby in less than 2 weeks. Filled out the online form so they send them pre printed, sent them off with pics. Very impressed with the turnaround time.