Wikiposts

2 sell or not 2 sell that is the ????????

Old Oct 26th 2003, 9:00 pm
Rushwood, Thornlands, QLD

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light
Default 2 sell or not 2 sell that is the ????????

Having been glued to the forum this morning reading threads concerning property..............

At present we are 5 months into hibernation (Skilled Ind. 136)
Our agent thinks we will hear re meds around January time........ andy rung Adelaide who say march/April

The question...................

Having read all the threads with interest re selling the family home........... telling all the stories about either lack of interest or problems with the prospective buyers............ Andy wants to put the house on the market at the end of January........whether we have heard re the meds or not!!!!!!!!

Has anyone done this or have any views............

Also......... any comments on ...............

At the same time as putting the house on the market......... would you consider getting ure meds done (unrequested)....... even tho we are in no rush as we want to wait untill the GCSE results are out before emigrating to OZ........ possibly around Aug/Sept time... fingers crossed?

Love Lisa
xxxxxxx
Old Oct 27th 2003, 1:55 am

maxpaxx is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 2 sell or not 2 sell that is the ????????

Originally posted by Boomerang
Having been glued to the forum this morning reading threads concerning property..............

Our agent thinks we will hear re meds around January time........ andy rung Adelaide who say march/April

Having read all the threads with interest re selling the family home........... telling all the stories about either lack of interest or problems with the prospective buyers............ Andy wants to put the house on the market at the end of January........whether we have heard re the meds or not!!!!!!!!

At the same time as putting the house on the market......... would you consider getting ure meds done (unrequested)....... even tho we are in no rush as we want to wait untill the GCSE results are out before emigrating to OZ........ possibly around Aug/Sept time... fingers crossed?

Love Lisa
xxxxxxx

We applied around same time as you (May 12). I have already got some police checks dated September but as time goes on I don't think we will be using those as I haven't sent them in yet.

If we don't hear by Jan we are going to go ahead and get the meds done anyway and get some more police checks sorted out as like you we hope to be off next Aug/Sept time really. Not too sure about the house it's having somewhere to stay and storage etc. You can't plan it very well can you? Like you we may put it on in the new year and crash with my folks - if they will have us which would mean we could save more money. It's hard when you have kids. If the housing market picks up it would be a bonus because you would have some idea of how long it would take to sell but at the moment nothing seems to be shifting (here anyway).

I'd be interested to hear what you decide to do.

Cheers

Maxine
Old Oct 27th 2003, 5:59 pm
Forum Regular

gazza321 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Lisa

I was surprised when I saw your info on austimeline. We got our visa ref in July and have been eagerly awaiting our med requests. It looks like we are going to have to wait a lot longer!!!!
We are in a similar position to you, as we were hoping to go soon after the kids finish their exams. One is doing a one year course at college and the other is hopefully completing 2nd year of A levels.

Trouble is it seems that they can still make you wait ages after they have received the meds back. Could even end up this time next year.

We were planning on about July. Also it seems that the exchange rate is only going to get worse as time goes on. But we still live in hope of at least 3+ (in my dreams)

Cheers

Gazza
Old Oct 27th 2003, 10:58 pm
Just Joined

adavis is an unknown quantity at this point

We put our house on the market once we got the medical call back at the end of June. We found a buyer about 3 or 4 weeks ago, so the sale is going through at the moment.

A lot depends on if you intend to go as soon as visa's arrive or wait a while. Of course no one knows what the housing market will do next year.

If you do sell the house, there is always the option of renting for a while.

Andy.

Originally posted by Boomerang

Love Lisa
xxxxxxx