Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

2 oldens looking at following Daughters family to Aus

2 oldens looking at following Daughters family to Aus

Old Nov 22nd 2007, 1:47 pm
Just Joined

Slagheap is an unknown quantity at this point
Question 2 oldens looking at following Daughters family to Aus

My daughter and Family are immigrating to Brisbane on a skilled 136 visa and we would like to follow. They are at the stage of police checks and health checks, so if everything goes well they should be off sometime next year. Our Daughter, son-in-law, 2 year old grandson are the only family we have, so we want to be able to stay with them in Brisbane, as long as possible for the first two years, untill they can sponser us on a parents contributary visa. I am a disabled person in awheel chair so don't want to be twoing and throwing between here and Brisbane. plus we want to be with are young grandson as much as possible. My wife and I are able to travel so health wise we are ok other than the wheel chair bit. Are there any grand parents who have had the same delema as we will have and how did you get over the problem. ie 6 month visa or can you get longer, leaving house unattended for so long.

We would be so pleased to receive any info you can give, plus did you cope ok when you got there. We will go its just when Thank you David
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 3:07 pm
M J
BE Enthusiast

M J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2 oldens looking at following Daughters family to Aus

Bump
There must be someone out there with some ideas?
Alan Colett... George Lombard ? Polly ? Wendy? ANYONE ????
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 4:06 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Is it really necessary to "bump" after less than 2 hours??
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 4:42 pm
M J
BE Enthusiast

M J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry JAJ just being nice to a new member
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 5:03 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by M J
Sorry JAJ just being nice to a new member
Understood. But it would be very difficult to get real information from the forum if every post was "bumped" (which is why moderators try to avoid it).
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 5:29 pm
JAJ
Retired

Originally Posted by Slagheap
My daughter and Family are immigrating to Brisbane on a skilled 136 visa and we would like to follow. They are at the stage of police checks and health checks, so if everything goes well they should be off sometime next year. Our Daughter, son-in-law, 2 year old grandson are the only family we have, so we want to be able to stay with them in Brisbane, as long as possible for the first two years, untill they can sponser us on a parents contributary visa. I am a disabled person in awheel chair so don't want to be twoing and throwing between here and Brisbane. plus we want to be with are young grandson as much as possible. My wife and I are able to travel so health wise we are ok other than the wheel chair bit. Are there any grand parents who have had the same delema as we will have and how did you get over the problem. ie 6 month visa or can you get longer, leaving house unattended for so long.
You need to get some good professional advice as being confined to a wheelchair can often mean failing the health requirement to migrate to Australia.

Try Peter Bollard, http://users.bigpond.net.au/onk/
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 10:48 pm
Forum Regular

Dizzydame has a brilliant futureDizzydame has a brilliant futureDizzydame has a brilliant futureDizzydame has a brilliant futureDizzydame has a brilliant futureDizzydame has a brilliant futureDizzydame has a brilliant future

We would be so pleased to receive any info you can give, plus did you cope ok when you got there. We will go its just when Thank you David
Hi David, I am a parent trying to follow 2 daughters, 2 son-in-laws and 5 grandchildren to Oz, don't know about the wheelchair bit, think that was good advice to get professional advice on that part, but for the rest of it, have a look on the "Parent contributory visa" thread.

Heres hoping for you

Dizzy
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 6:16 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by JAJ
Sorry what does "bump" mean do I have to do something David
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 6:20 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by JAJ
You need to get some good professional advice as being confined to a wheelchair can often mean failing the health requirement to migrate to Australia.

Try Peter Bollard, http://users.bigpond.net.au/onk/
Thank you very much for your advice david
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 6:29 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by JAJ
Sorry have just found out what "bumping" is I think, Have just said thank you to one person as the computer sorted that out, my question had gone some where else, is that bumping if so I am sorry, but not sure how I done it. I thought I was being polite. David
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 6:40 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Dizzydame
Hi David, I am a parent trying to follow 2 daughters, 2 son-in-laws and 5 grandchildren to Oz, don't know about the wheelchair bit, think that was good advice to get professional advice on that part, but for the rest of it, have a look on the "Parent contributory visa" thread.

Heres hoping for you

Dizzy
Thank you Dissy I will try that. It looks as if I am in trouble for something which I dont under stand. I have written this twice go to spell checker and it goes. So If I have spelt some words wrong please for give me David
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 6:48 pm
JAJ
Retired

Sorry have just found out what "bumping" is I think, Have just said thank you to one person as the computer sorted that out, my question had gone some where else, is that bumping if so I am sorry, but not sure how I done it. I thought I was being polite. David
"Bumping" is where someone posts a reply containing nothing just to bring a thread back to the top of the forum. It was someone else who did it and while it may be well intentioned, it makes the forum difficult to read, which is why moderators would prefer people didn't do it.
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 7:04 pm
Forum Regular

Dizzydame has a brilliant futureDizzydame has a brilliant futureDizzydame has a brilliant futureDizzydame has a brilliant futureDizzydame has a brilliant futureDizzydame has a brilliant futureDizzydame has a brilliant future

Thank you Dissy I will try that. It looks as if I am in trouble for something which I dont under stand. I have written this twice go to spell checker and it goes. So If I have spelt some words wrong please for give me David
Hi David, dont worry, it takes time to get used to using the forums, and how to do things, I'm still learning myself, almost got my head round the abbreviations, but still get foxed on some. By the time we manage to get to Oz we should all be experts.

Regards Dizzy