190 visa - points?

Old May 4th 2018, 10:40 am
Just Joined

Riverdeep is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 190 visa - points?

Looking at exploring the option of a 190 visa for ICT Project Manager (135112). I understand it’s currently eligible under Victoria’s nomination which would be my 1st and likely only choice.

Forgive the newbie Q, but does anyone know what the latest points requirement is for a 190 as a Project Manager in Vic? I know the min requirement for eligibility is 60 pts but is there a higher threshold?

Also – I have dual nationality (UK and Canada). Anyone else been in a similar position and will that have any negative impact on my application?
Old May 4th 2018, 11:04 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 190 visa - points?

Originally Posted by Riverdeep
Looking at exploring the option of a 190 visa for ICT Project Manager (135112). I understand it’s currently eligible under Victoria’s nomination which would be my 1st and likely only choice.

Forgive the newbie Q, but does anyone know what the latest points requirement is for a 190 as a Project Manager in Vic? I know the min requirement for eligibility is 60 pts but is there a higher threshold?

Also – I have dual nationality (UK and Canada). Anyone else been in a similar position and will that have any negative impact on my application?
State nominations are different to independent visas, As long as you have enough points for the visa (60 with the nomination), and you have a state sponsoring you, you will get an invite.

If the state requires higher points for a nomination, they will say s on their site,
Old May 4th 2018, 12:42 pm
Just Joined

Riverdeep is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks old.sparkles

When granting visa's, are 190's issued on a first come first served basis or do they cherry pick the highest points available within the pool?
Old May 4th 2018, 12:46 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks old.sparkles

When granting visa's, are 190's issued on a first come first served basis or do they cherry pick the highest points available within the pool?
Different states have their own approach to sponsorship - some states you have to apply to, some will select EOI's from the pool. Not sure what Victoria does, sorry. What does it say on their website?
Old May 4th 2018, 1:44 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

No impact at all, either negative or positive
Old May 5th 2018, 5:21 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

Be aware though that just because it is on a state list, there is no gauruntee the state will sponsor. Vic are particularly guilty of refusing state sponsorship, particularly to IT occupations.
Old May 7th 2018, 8:04 pm
Forum Regular

WRUSSELL is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by verystormy
Be aware though that just because it is on a state list, there is no gauruntee the state will sponsor. Vic are particularly guilty of refusing state sponsorship, particularly to IT occupations.
pot on!
Old Jul 19th 2018, 4:17 am
Just Joined

WilliamL is an unknown quantity at this point
Arrow Re: 190 visa - points?

As of July 1 2018 you'll need to have 65 points to apply. Doesn't matter how many nationalities you have they don't judge based on that.

As for how high they select applicants, each state has their own way, but rule of thumb it's slightly higher than the average that subclass 189 applicants are getting selected at. Of course this differs between occupations and we have seen people get selected at 60 points (prior to July 1 2018) so it isn't the case all the time.

But until you submit you won't know.
Old Jul 19th 2018, 11:27 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WilliamL
As of July 1 2018 you'll need to have 65 points to apply. Doesn't matter how many nationalities you have they don't judge based on that.

As for how high they select applicants, each state has their own way, but rule of thumb it's slightly higher than the average that subclass 189 applicants are getting selected at. Of course this differs between occupations and we have seen people get selected at 60 points (prior to July 1 2018) so it isn't the case all the time.

But until you submit you won't know.
Hello William - just curious, are you a MARA registered agent? I'm wondering because in your signature you provide a link to a website that offers paid migration services.