Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

190 visa may require job offer, advice sought

190 visa may require job offer, advice sought

Old Nov 19th 2013, 9:15 pm
Just Joined

grdnblack is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 190 visa may require job offer, advice sought

Hi folks, looking for people's thoughts and advice.

My wife and I are looking to start the emigration process soon for WA, however, have come across a potential sticking point.

My wife would be the main applicant and can gain enough visa points (60) for the 190 visa, her occupation - human resource adviser - appears to be on the WASMOL

(http://www.migration.wa.gov.au/skill...sindemand.aspx)

but next to the profession in the notes says 'Schedule 2'. Does this mean the job is an off list occupation and not actually on the WASMOL?

If it is an off list occupation, it then goes on to state that my wife must have an offer of employment for 12 months in said nominated occupation...

And so.... I have a few questions if anyone has any answers...

1) Human resource adviser - occupation in demand or off list?
2) If not in demand and is an off list occupation, coupled with unknown timescales of gaining a visa, does anyone know:
A - the best way to go about seeking said job offer and;
B - what the likelihood is of an employer holding a job offer open when there is no guarantee of a visa being granted?

Thanks in advance,
Gordon

(Ps - on a side point, does it make difference if you have 60 points or more than 60?)
Old Nov 20th 2013, 2:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 190 visa may require job offer, advice sought

Well I followed the link you provided and certainly your reading is as good as mine. Yes it is off list and yes that means you need to either be their already working in the occupation or you need a job offer.

I guess you need to go about finding a job in whatever way you normally would, google for some recruitment agencies or something. As to chances .. probably buckleys.
Old Nov 20th 2013, 6:14 pm
Just Joined

grdnblack is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the response, at least someone else sees it the same way.

Digging further, according to the DTWD, the wife's occupation is classed as a state priority occupation, however, one with an unmet demand...

http://www.dtwd.wa.gov.au/dtwd/detcm...em-id-14219366

Doesn't answer any questions but interesting site....
Old Nov 22nd 2013, 11:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, if it has gone to schedule 2 then it would need a job offer and that isn't going to be easy. You can look on seek.com.au but I would say the chances are unlikely.