190 visa / job offer

Old Aug 22nd 2018, 6:53 am
Forum Regular

jon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond repute
Default 190 visa / job offer

hi all so hopefully someone can help here

we have applied for a 190 nsw visa and have been waiting 6 months, co asked for medicals and police checks over a month ago.

now my wife has almost out of nowhere been offered a transfer to sydney but the catch is they want her to start in november. we have explained we are still waiting for the visa and they have mentioned coming ovedr on a different visa which i assume wouldnt be a permanent one.

so my question is - can we go over on another visa? and then can we still get our 190 or am i just pissing in the wind here?

also if she has the job offer in writing can we get the prcoess prioritised so she doesnt miss the job? or is that just wishful thinking?

many thanks

Last edited by jon111; Aug 22nd 2018 at 6:58 am.
Old Aug 22nd 2018, 10:15 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 190 visa / job offer

Originally Posted by jon111
hi all so hopefully someone can help here

we have applied for a 190 nsw visa and have been waiting 6 months, co asked for medicals and police checks over a month ago.

now my wife has almost out of nowhere been offered a transfer to sydney but the catch is they want her to start in november. we have explained we are still waiting for the visa and they have mentioned coming ovedr on a different visa which i assume wouldnt be a permanent one.

so my question is - can we go over on another visa? and then can we still get our 190 or am i just pissing in the wind here?

also if she has the job offer in writing can we get the prcoess prioritised so she doesnt miss the job? or is that just wishful thinking?

many thanks
Unlikely to get even a temporary visa like the TSS granted by November, especially if they are not already approved as sponsors. I'd be asking first of all what visa are they suggesting.
Old Aug 22nd 2018, 3:36 pm
Forum Regular

jon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Unlikely to get even a temporary visa like the TSS granted by November, especially if they are not already approved as sponsors. I'd be asking first of all what visa are they suggesting.
tbh I don’t think they know themselves they were mentioning some sort of 4 year visa but this was before we told them about the 190. . It’s jaguar land rover so I can only assume they are approved however best check.

can you get a 190 prioritised if a job is awaiting and you have an early start date?
Old Aug 22nd 2018, 7:40 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

tbh I don’t think they know themselves they were mentioning some sort of 4 year visa but this was before we told them about the 190. . It’s jaguar land rover so I can only assume they are approved however best check.

can you get a 190 prioritised if a job is awaiting and you have an early start date?
Not that I'm aware of, I'm afraid.
Old Aug 22nd 2018, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

J___Mcewan is an unknown quantity at this point

Out of curiosity, how long did u have to wait from eoi to invite? Will be applying for 190 in possibly the next month odd
Old Aug 23rd 2018, 3:58 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by J___Mcewan
Out of curiosity, how long did u have to wait from eoi to invite? Will be applying for 190 in possibly the next month odd

About 3 weeks but I had it expedited as I lost points on my age if I didn’t. However others I know had a month.
Old Aug 23rd 2018, 6:55 am
Forum Regular

J___Mcewan is an unknown quantity at this point

About 3 weeks but I had it expedited as I lost points on my age if I didn’t. However others I know had a month.
A lot quicker than I thought, nice 1. Cheers