British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   190 visa / job offer (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/190-visa-job-offer-916362/)

jon111 Aug 22nd 2018 6:53 am

190 visa / job offer

hi all so hopefully someone can help here

we have applied for a 190 nsw visa and have been waiting 6 months, co asked for medicals and police checks over a month ago.

now my wife has almost out of nowhere been offered a transfer to sydney but the catch is they want her to start in november. we have explained we are still waiting for the visa and they have mentioned coming ovedr on a different visa which i assume wouldnt be a permanent one.

so my question is - can we go over on another visa? and then can we still get our 190 or am i just pissing in the wind here?

also if she has the job offer in writing can we get the prcoess prioritised so she doesnt miss the job? or is that just wishful thinking?

many thanks

Pollyana Aug 22nd 2018 10:15 am

Re: 190 visa / job offer

Originally Posted by jon111 (Post 12552483)
hi all so hopefully someone can help here

we have applied for a 190 nsw visa and have been waiting 6 months, co asked for medicals and police checks over a month ago.

now my wife has almost out of nowhere been offered a transfer to sydney but the catch is they want her to start in november. we have explained we are still waiting for the visa and they have mentioned coming ovedr on a different visa which i assume wouldnt be a permanent one.

so my question is - can we go over on another visa? and then can we still get our 190 or am i just pissing in the wind here?

also if she has the job offer in writing can we get the prcoess prioritised so she doesnt miss the job? or is that just wishful thinking?

many thanks

Unlikely to get even a temporary visa like the TSS granted by November, especially if they are not already approved as sponsors. I'd be asking first of all what visa are they suggesting.

jon111 Aug 22nd 2018 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 12552551)
Unlikely to get even a temporary visa like the TSS granted by November, especially if they are not already approved as sponsors. I'd be asking first of all what visa are they suggesting.

tbh I don’t think they know themselves they were mentioning some sort of 4 year visa but this was before we told them about the 190. . It’s jaguar land rover so I can only assume they are approved however best check.

can you get a 190 prioritised if a job is awaiting and you have an early start date?

Pollyana Aug 22nd 2018 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by jon111 (Post 12552683)

tbh I don’t think they know themselves they were mentioning some sort of 4 year visa but this was before we told them about the 190. . It’s jaguar land rover so I can only assume they are approved however best check.

can you get a 190 prioritised if a job is awaiting and you have an early start date?

Not that I'm aware of, I'm afraid.

J___Mcewan Aug 22nd 2018 8:36 pm

Out of curiosity, how long did u have to wait from eoi to invite? Will be applying for 190 in possibly the next month odd

jon111 Aug 23rd 2018 3:58 am

Originally Posted by J___Mcewan (Post 12552860)
Out of curiosity, how long did u have to wait from eoi to invite? Will be applying for 190 in possibly the next month odd

About 3 weeks but I had it expedited as I lost points on my age if I didn’t. However others I know had a month.

J___Mcewan Aug 23rd 2018 6:55 am

Originally Posted by jon111 (Post 12553021)

About 3 weeks but I had it expedited as I lost points on my age if I didn’t. However others I know had a month.

A lot quicker than I thought, nice 1. Cheers