190 application - nothing from CO

Old Jan 23rd 2013, 5:39 pm
Just Joined

Franconian is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 190 application - nothing from CO

Hi all,

I applied for the 190 visa on the 18th December and front loaded all documents the same day. On the 11th January I heard the first time from my CO, he requested some documents (which were already uploaded). Apparently they had issues with the eVisa system.
I emailed the requested documents straight away to my CO and he acknowledged on the 14th January:

"With respect to health I advise that both health assessments are in progress but unfinalised at this stage. Will continue to monitor situation and will let you know should there be any problems."

I did my medicals at a Panel Doctor in Thailand in November 2012, they were couriered to Global Health Sydney. My partner did her medicals via eHealth on 7th January 2013.

I have not heard anything since then and am a bit worried now.

Should I just wait or contact my CO?
Old Jan 23rd 2013, 10:51 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 190 application - nothing from CO

Originally Posted by Franconian
Hi all,

I applied for the 190 visa on the 18th December and front loaded all documents the same day. On the 11th January I heard the first time from my CO, he requested some documents (which were already uploaded). Apparently they had issues with the eVisa system.
I emailed the requested documents straight away to my CO and he acknowledged on the 14th January:

"With respect to health I advise that both health assessments are in progress but unfinalised at this stage. Will continue to monitor situation and will let you know should there be any problems."

I did my medicals at a Panel Doctor in Thailand in November 2012, they were couriered to Global Health Sydney. My partner did her medicals via eHealth on 7th January 2013.

I have not heard anything since then and am a bit worried now.

Should I just wait or contact my CO?

What part of this don't you understand? Your health assessments are in progress but not finalised. The CO will contact you if there are problems.

For goodness sake, it's been less than 2 weeks since your last contact from the case officer. Believe it or not, yours is not the only file they're working on.
Old Jan 24th 2013, 5:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Why would you contact your CO? It is just wasting their time, your case is being dealt with.
Old Jan 24th 2013, 8:49 am
Just Joined

tristany is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Frank,
So you and your partner did medical checks offshore? From what I read from the DIAC website, with offshore applicants, we "You should not have your visa medical examination until you have been formally requested to do so by the office processing your visa application. "

Can you clarify that point, and tell me how did you do your medical checks offshore? Do you need a request from DIAC?
Old Jan 24th 2013, 12:10 pm
Just Joined

I know I was not supposed to do my medicals prior to lodgement, but I thought it would speed up the process and I also saved many hundreds of dollars.
I did my full medicals at a panel doctor in Thailand via paper forms and courier to Global Health Sydney in November 2012.

The actual lodgement of the 190 visa was onshore on the 18th December 2012 and the "prepare medicals" link on the eVisa system did not work anyway (leading to a blank page).
My partner was included offshore and she did her medicals beginning of January. The panel doctor was able to access the eVisa/eHealth system with the TRN.

As above the last message from our CO was that our medicals are being processed, but not finalised. What exactly does it mean -not finalised?
I also offered to re-do my medicals if for any reason my previous medicals cannot be used.

Our agent advises against contacting the CO. I am just a bit worried, as other applicant's timelines had a much faster turnaround. I had been preparing for the visa application for the last 8 months and was convinced it was well presented.
Old Jan 24th 2013, 12:12 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
Why would you contact your CO? It is just wasting their time, your case is being dealt with.
That's why I'm asking others opinion here. I have read different theories, even from MARA agents.
Old Jan 24th 2013, 12:34 pm

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

I know I was not supposed to do my medicals prior to lodgement, but I thought it would speed up the process and I also saved many hundreds of dollars.
I did my full medicals at a panel doctor in Thailand via paper forms and courier to Global Health Sydney in November 2012.

The actual lodgement of the 190 visa was onshore on the 18th December 2012 and the "prepare medicals" link on the eVisa system did not work anyway (leading to a blank page).
My partner was included offshore and she did her medicals beginning of January. The panel doctor was able to access the eVisa/eHealth system with the TRN.

As above the last message from our CO was that our medicals are being processed, but not finalised. What exactly does it mean -not finalised?
I also offered to re-do my medicals if for any reason my previous medicals cannot be used.

Our agent advises against contacting the CO. I am just a bit worried, as other applicant's timelines had a much faster turnaround. I had been preparing for the visa application for the last 8 months and was convinced it was well presented.
Timelines mean absolutely nothing. No two cases are the same. The speed of their processing will have no bearing at all on yours.

As for the message from your CO, it means just that - they are not finalised. They're not trying to mislead you. They are processing them, and they will continue to do so, along with all the other cases your CO is undoubtedly managing at the same time.

I really wouldn't worry about it.
Old Jan 24th 2013, 1:24 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Question answered, thread closed.