Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Advice Needed Can anyone recommend a good Migration Agent

Advice Needed Can anyone recommend a good Migration Agent

Old Nov 9th 2018, 10:04 am
Just Joined

Rainer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Advice Needed Can anyone recommend a good Migration Agent

Hi All,

I am currently living in the uk with my partner. We have been together for 5 years however only lived together permanently for a few months. (due to my older children not wanting change)

I am Australian and I need to go back to live in Australia to help my dad due to till health.

I am not sure what visa would be best for us, Skilled labor or Partner visa. I have been looking online but an very weary of cowboys! I need to move over by April 2018 or my dad will lose his house.

I have had solicitors recommend that he go over on a visitor visa then apply for residency, and someone else say the partner visa is the way to go. and someone else say go over as skilled labor. I am so confused and don't have loads of money to spare getting this wrong.

some recommendations would be really helpful.

Kind regards

Rainer
Old Nov 9th 2018, 2:13 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice Needed Can anyone recommend a good Migration Agent

Originally Posted by Rainer
Hi All,

I am currently living in the uk with my partner. We have been together for 5 years however only lived together permanently for a few months. (due to my older children not wanting change)

I am Australian and I need to go back to live in Australia to help my dad due to till health.

I am not sure what visa would be best for us, Skilled labor or Partner visa. I have been looking online but an very weary of cowboys! I need to move over by April 2018 or my dad will lose his house.

I have had solicitors recommend that he go over on a visitor visa then apply for residency, and someone else say the partner visa is the way to go. and someone else say go over as skilled labor. I am so confused and don't have loads of money to spare getting this wrong.

Kind regards

Rainer
If you have only lived together 5 months you don't qualify for a partner visa. Unless you get married, that is. If he qualifies for a skilled visa then he would get permanent residence as soon as he lands, where a visa based on being married to you would be temporaryfor the first 2 years. Coming on a tourist visa with the intention of staying is a risk. What if he's not granted entry?

IMO if he is eligible for a skilled visa that's the way to go. Have a look at www.immi.gov.au for your options. Bear in mind that even if you have to go to Australia by April, your partner may not have a visa yet and you may have to spend a few months apart. It's not the end of the world though.
Old Nov 11th 2018, 6:16 am
Forum Regular

Paul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All,

Kind regards

Rainer
If you have been in a genuine de facto relationship for over a year and can prove it, the living together period does not have to be a show stopper for a partner visa. A skilled visa would depend on what age your partner is and whether they have an occupation that is on the skills lists. You should be speaking to a Registered Migration Agent, not a solicitor.
Old Nov 11th 2018, 6:40 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All,

Kind regards

Rainer
You need to talk to a Registered Migration Agent, they are the ones qualified to give migration advice, not solicitors.
Personal recommendation is George Lombard, he posts on here and his contact details are in his posts. There are others who come highly recommended on here - if you look back you'll find previous posts like yours with people recommending the ones they have used.