189 Visa Timescales

Old Nov 9th 2015, 11:13 am
Forum Regular

WilliamStacey has much to be proud ofWilliamStacey has much to be proud ofWilliamStacey has much to be proud ofWilliamStacey has much to be proud ofWilliamStacey has much to be proud ofWilliamStacey has much to be proud ofWilliamStacey has much to be proud ofWilliamStacey has much to be proud ofWilliamStacey has much to be proud ofWilliamStacey has much to be proud ofWilliamStacey has much to be proud of
Default 189 Visa Timescales

Hi all,

Started the process for emigrating with a 189 visa and civil/structural technician. We applied to Vetassess in September (all done through an agent) and from their latest correspondence we won't hear til after the year. is this a normal timeframe as the 3 months the agent stated would make it December.

Also, once that is done and the Visa application is in how long will that roughly take? Will it be quicker as i am on the SOL?

Cheers
Old Nov 10th 2015, 5:00 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 189 Visa Timescales

When you say you are a Civil / Structural technician - are you a qualified engineer in civil / structural? The reason I ask is that there is no occupation on the SOL for a technician. https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/...ions-lists/SOL
Old Nov 10th 2015, 5:15 am
Lost in the antipodes

msmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by verystormy
When you say you are a Civil / Structural technician - are you a qualified engineer in civil / structural? The reason I ask is that there is no occupation on the SOL for a technician. https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/...ions-lists/SOL
"Civil engineering technician" is on the SOL

Civil Engineering Technician 312212 VETASSESS
Old Nov 10th 2015, 9:19 am
Forum Regular

WilliamStacey has much to be proud ofWilliamStacey has much to be proud ofWilliamStacey has much to be proud ofWilliamStacey has much to be proud ofWilliamStacey has much to be proud ofWilliamStacey has much to be proud ofWilliamStacey has much to be proud ofWilliamStacey has much to be proud ofWilliamStacey has much to be proud ofWilliamStacey has much to be proud ofWilliamStacey has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by msmyrtle
"Civil engineering technician" is on the SOL

Civil Engineering Technician 312212 VETASSESS
312211 is the code I'm using for it, civil engineering draftsperson.
Old Dec 9th 2015, 11:21 am
Forum Regular

Does anyone know how long the Vetassess part usually takes? Coming up to 3 months waiting (on christmas day actually). The waiting game is the worst part.
Old Dec 9th 2015, 11:28 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WilliamStacey
Does anyone know how long the Vetassess part usually takes? Coming up to 3 months waiting (on christmas day actually). The waiting game is the worst part.
According to Vetassess, they take 10 to 12 working weeks once all documents received.

General Migration Skills Assessment Process - VETASSESS

There is also an option to track application but I would guess your agent has the tracking number. Do you know when your documents were received by Vetassess?
Old Dec 9th 2015, 11:52 am
Forum Regular

Everything was sent in on 25th September as thats when they took payment.

I did ask the agent for the number but it is in their account so i can't track it.
Old Dec 9th 2015, 11:37 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Everything was sent in on 25th September as thats when they took payment.

I did ask the agent for the number but it is in their account so i can't track it.
If everything was received on the 25th, I make that just over 10 weeks so I would think you should hear soon.
Old Dec 10th 2015, 8:43 am
Forum Regular

Thanks sparkles, just need to wait on the visa after that. Another drawn out process but i suppose it's all worth it in the end.
Old Dec 10th 2015, 9:02 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks sparkles, just need to wait on the visa after that. Another drawn out process but i suppose it's all worth it in the end.
The process now is so much quicker than it was a few years ago. When we applied in 2006 it took just about a year from sending the skills assessment off to visa grant. And our application was considered a quick, straightforward one.
Old Dec 10th 2015, 9:12 am
Forum Regular

That's so much waiting it'd drive me nuts. We sent all that in in september and everything is ready and waiting to go on the visa application so we can start that process basically the day after we get the ok from vetassess. All being quick and painless we hope to be there in may.

After the EOI does everything speed up after that? I can only go on what my dad has told me (he's over there already) but his application was very different to mine.
Old Dec 10th 2015, 11:17 am
Aussie Finn Mixture!

Location: Leschenault WA (after few locations around WA and Around Europe!)
teza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond repute

Probably not as you are aiming to lodge the application at around xmas time and that's when aussies start their summer holidays. Although immigration people are working, I would assume that loads of them are on holidays until February. This may, or may not, slow the process.
Old Dec 14th 2015, 8:05 am
Forum Regular

mgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond repute

I lodged my 189 visa application last Monday evening and have just received a direct grant this morning, so exactly 1 week from payment to receiving the visa, so if everything is completed and uplaoded correctly then they can have a quick turn around. As a note I had already done my police check and medicals a couple of months ago so uplaoded these details when I paid.
Old Dec 14th 2015, 8:12 am
Forum Regular

I thought the medicals had to be requested by the case officer. The police and medical checks are the only things we need to do as everything else is with the agent.
Old Dec 14th 2015, 8:21 am
Forum Regular

mgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond repute

You can do both at any time, once you have lodged your visa application then you can generate your HAP ID when you are logged in to your IMMI account. If you have not yet lodged your application then you can create an IMMI account and generate your HAP ID as well.

The only benefit to doing this prior to being requested is that it potentially speeds things up.

The downside to doing them ealry is that it affects your date of first entry, so i have jsut been granted my visa but have to enter by October as this is when my medical was completed. I have flgihts booked for June though so not an issue for me.

Last edited by mgreaves; Dec 14th 2015 at 8:25 am. Reason: Added detail

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.