189 Visa, form 80 questions

Old Dec 28th 2022, 3:50 pm
Just Joined

Moedig is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 189 Visa, form 80 questions

Hi all, I've finally received my 189 invitation to apply and am just gathering my documentation. I am filling form 80 and have some questions I am stuck on if anyone can please help me!
For context I'm a 31M British citizen from birth with no other PR or citizenship elsewhere.

Part A, question 7 (Do you hold or have you held citizenship from any other country (including dual citizenships and all previous citizenships)?):
For question 6 (Do you currently have citizenship from any country?) I put 'Yes', 'from Birth'.
Do I need to fill in question 7 with the country (England) and 'from birth' again, or is this only for additional citizenships?

Part C, question 14 (Do you currently have, or have you ever had, any national identity documents or numbers (including birth registration numbers, social security cards etc)?):
Do I need to put my national insurance, EHIC and NHS number here? I don't have the physical card for NI anymore. I have added my birth certificate and driving licence here already.

Park K, question 36 (Have you, or any other person included in this application, ever):
It asks if I have ever 'been associated with a person, group or organisation that has been/is involved in criminal conduct?'. My brother has a criminal record, but I do not.
I am associated to him (obviously) as he is my brother, but not associated to him due to any criminal behaviour, do I need to tick yes or no here?
Will my brothers record cause me issues? I have my ACRO police certificate stating 'NO TRACE'.

This question also asks if I have ever 'served in a military force, police force, state sponsored/private militia or intelligence agency (including secret police)?'
and 'undergone any military/paramilitary training, been trained in weapons/explosives or in the manufacture of chemical/biological products?'
which I have as I was in the British Army Reserves. Do I select 'Yes' for these and then explain in the box?
I have to declare military stuff in Part L anyway, so it seems weird and not sure if they mean something else. I'm worried if I tick yes they will instantly deny the visa!

Part Q, question 47 (Do you have any personal contacts in Australia?):
My Uncle, Aunt and 2 cousins live in Australia, but I don't really know them. I have my Uncles details and address but not anything other than the names of the others (not sure of their middle names either).
Is it ok for me to just put my Uncles details that I know there and ignore question 48 'Any other personal contacts in Australia?'

Many thanks
Old Dec 28th 2022, 10:20 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 189 Visa, form 80 questions

Originally Posted by Moedig
Hi all, I've finally received my 189 invitation to apply and am just gathering my documentation. I am filling form 80 and have some questions I am stuck on if anyone can please help me!
For context I'm a 31M British citizen from birth with no other PR or citizenship elsewhere.

Part A, question 7 (Do you hold or have you held citizenship from any other country (including dual citizenships and all previous citizenships)?):
For question 6 (Do you currently have citizenship from any country?) I put 'Yes', 'from Birth'.
Do I need to fill in question 7 with the country (England) and 'from birth' again, or is this only for additional citizenships?
You need to tell them which country your citizenship is with

Part C, question 14 (Do you currently have, or have you ever had, any national identity documents or numbers (including birth registration numbers, social security cards etc)?):
Do I need to put my national insurance, EHIC and NHS number here? I don't have the physical card for NI anymore. I have added my birth certificate and driving licence here already.
No need to put in any numbers - its for countries that have a National Identity Card, so not the UK

Park K, question 36 (Have you, or any other person included in this application, ever):
It asks if I have ever 'been associated with a person, group or organisation that has been/is involved in criminal conduct?'. My brother has a criminal record, but I do not.
I am associated to him (obviously) as he is my brother, but not associated to him due to any criminal behaviour, do I need to tick yes or no here
Will my brothers record cause me issues? I have my ACRO police certificate stating 'NO TRACE'.
Your brother's record will not cause you any issues, but best to declare it. (my own brother is a scumbag, but I was upfront about it and had no problem. However get it on file just in case he ever applies to emigrate, as then they may wonder why you didn't declare his record.)

This question also asks if I have ever 'served in a military force, police force, state sponsored/private militia or intelligence agency (including secret police)?'
and 'undergone any military/paramilitary training, been trained in weapons/explosives or in the manufacture of chemical/biological products?'
which I have as I was in the British Army Reserves. Do I select 'Yes' for these and then explain in the box?
I have to declare military stuff in Part L anyway, so it seems weird and not sure if they mean something else. I'm worried if I tick yes they will instantly deny the visa!
Yes, fill in the details. They will not deny the visa because of it, they just want you to be honest

Part Q, question 47 (Do you have any personal contacts in Australia?):
My Uncle, Aunt and 2 cousins live in Australia, but I don't really know them. I have my Uncles details and address but not anything other than the names of the others (not sure of their middle names either).
Is it ok for me to just put my Uncles details that I know there and ignore question 48 'Any other personal contacts in Australia?'

Many thanks
Yes that should be fine
​​​​​​​
Old Jan 4th 2023, 11:17 am
Just Joined

Default 189 Visa, form 80 Character

Hi,

I am filling out form 80 for my 189 visa. I was in the British Army and am unsure what to put for part K - Character.

It asks: Have you, or any other person included in this application, ever:
  • been associated with an organisation engaged in violence or engaged in acts of violence (including war, insurgency, freedom fighting, terrorism, protest) either overseas or in Australia?
Should I select Yes, since I was a British Army Reserve, and the Army by definition is engaged in warfare etc. I was never deployed though but suppose I am still 'associated' with the Army - who have obviously been to war/engaged in violence.

I have selected Yes for these two following questions, and supplied details of my service:
  • served in a military force, police force, state sponsored/private militia or intelligence agency (including secret police)?
  • undergone any military/paramilitary training, been trained in weapons/explosives or in the manufacture of chemical/biological products?
Many thanks
Old Jan 5th 2023, 8:16 am
Just Joined

Thank you so much for your advice Pollyana!

I've also noticed the question

Have you, or any other person included in this application, ever:
  • been associated with an organisation engaged in violence or engaged in acts of violence (including war, insurgency, freedom fighting, terrorism, protest) either overseas or in Australia?
Should I select Yes, since I was a British Army Reserve, and the Army by definition is engaged in warfare etc. I was never deployed though but suppose I am still 'associated' with the Army - who have obviously been to war/engaged in violence.

Thank you again!
Old Jan 5th 2023, 9:50 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you so much for your advice Pollyana!

I've also noticed the question

Have you, or any other person included in this application, ever:

Thank you again!
I think you will find thats covered in the next question, which asks about military service, as opposed to terror groups and similar organisations
Old Jan 6th 2023, 1:13 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 189 Visa, form 80 Character

Hi,

I am filling out form 80 for my 189 visa. I was in the British Army and am unsure what to put for part K - Character.

It asks: Have you, or any other person included in this application, ever:

I have selected Yes for these two following questions, and supplied details of my service:
  • served in a military force, police force, state sponsored/private militia or intelligence agency (including secret police)?
  • undergone any military/paramilitary training, been trained in weapons/explosives or in the manufacture of chemical/biological products?
Many thanks
Merged with your existing thread - no need for both on this topic