British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   189 visa applications lodged December 2012 (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/189-visa-applications-lodged-december-2012-a-775420/)

dani5 Oct 22nd 2012 7:41 pm

189 visa applications lodged December 2012

Wow, never expected this day to arrive.. we have finally lodged our 189 visa - it seems so surreal :D don't really know what to do with myself..

just wanted to share the news and thank everyone for all your help so far on this forum.. i'm sure many more questions will be on their way!! :thumbsup:

old.sparkles Oct 22nd 2012 7:55 pm

Re: 189 visa lodged!!!

Originally Posted by dani5 (Post 10344090)
Wow, never expected this day to arrive.. we have finally lodged our 189 visa - it seems so surreal :D don't really know what to do with myself..

just wanted to share the news and thank everyone for all your help so far on this forum.. i'm sure many more questions will be on their way!! :thumbsup:

Well done - now you have to play the second waiting game. Hope it's not too long for you. Good luck :)

benedict1843 Oct 26th 2012 8:27 pm

nice one good luck:thumbsup:

WallyWombat Oct 26th 2012 8:36 pm

Whooohooo! Nice one :thumbsup:

Here's wishing you fast processing!!!

enida Oct 31st 2012 2:13 pm

good luck dani

theonemranderson Dec 4th 2012 1:14 pm

Dani,

Have you been offered your visa yet? We too have submitted our 189 and it all seems to be going quicker than we expected. We are in the process of booking medicals and getting police checks.

Does anyone know how long it will take from here and also; once the visa is granted, how long do we have to before we have to leave the UK?

Many thanks.

old.sparkles Dec 4th 2012 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by theonemranderson (Post 10415507)
Dani,

Have you been offered your visa yet? We too have submitted our 189 and it all seems to be going quicker than we expected. We are in the process of booking medicals and getting police checks.

Does anyone know how long it will take from here and also; once the visa is granted, how long do we have to before we have to leave the UK?

Many thanks.

Can't tell you how long it will take but once you have your visa you will have a year to validate it and 5 years to make the move.

Anyway good luck and welcome to BE
:)

Pollyana Dec 4th 2012 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by theonemranderson (Post 10415507)
Dani,

Many thanks.

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Visa_Validation-Australia

No-one can tell you how long a grant will take,

theonemranderson Dec 4th 2012 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 10415935)
http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Visa_Validation-Australia

No-one can tell you how long a grant will take,

Sorry, I meant the question to find out what sort of time other people had experienced.

old.sparkles Dec 4th 2012 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by theonemranderson (Post 10415947)
Sorry, I meant the question to find out what sort of time other people had experienced.

So everything changed in July, and 189 visa's are relatively new. Everyone's case is different, and how long it takes for one person will be different to another. :)

AJRussell Dec 14th 2012 9:25 pm

Happy Days - 189 lodged.

After three years of deciding and tying - spending months getting documentation together two years ago to have the heartache of the points system change in 2011.

December 2012, 189 Visa lodged. How I love skill select and the points system amendments. Took 6 weeks from EOI submission to invitation. Happy days!

Andrew

amirrk Dec 15th 2012 12:07 am

Re: Happy Days - 189 lodged.

congratulations,
would you tell us what occupation you have?

old.sparkles Dec 15th 2012 6:59 am

Originally Posted by amirrk (Post 10434230)
congratulations,

Why would that information be relevant to you? if you want to know what occupations have been invited to apply - check the report pages of Skill Select

AJRussell Dec 15th 2012 9:21 am

Originally Posted by amirrk (Post 10434230)
congratulations,

Thanks - we are going in on my partner, she is a secondary school teacher. Albeit I would have been skilled assessed on a multitude of skills since the last update and claimed the extra 5 pts, but not required now!

stappeta Dec 15th 2012 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by AJRussell (Post 10434003)
After three years of deciding and tying - spending months getting documentation together two years ago to have the heartache of the points system change in 2011.

December 2012, 189 Visa lodged. How I love skill select and the points system amendments. Took 6 weeks from EOI submission to invitation. Happy days!

Andrew

Hi Russel,

I have been going though the various documnets on diac .I found the below

"a person or agency recognised by the law of
the person’s home country"

I am little bit confused .I got all the original certificates pertaining to my education ,work experience .But they mentioned in the documnet that ,the applicant should not provide originals .And they dont take the photocopies.
This creates confusion .

what do they mean by certified copies? or how to prepare the ".‘Certifi ed copies’ means copies
authorised, or stamped as being true copies of originals, by a person or agency recognised by the law of
the person’s home country " .

How to prepare these documents?

" Original documents and certifi ed copies
Do not supply original documents with your application. The department may request original documents
if necessary.
You must provide ‘certifi ed copies’ of original documents which must be attached online to your visa
application. Photocopies of certifi ed copies are not acceptable.‘Certifi ed copies’ means copies
authorised, or stamped as being true copies of originals, by a person or agency recognised by the law of
the person’s home country. In Australia, this means a copy which is authorised as a true copy by a person
before whom a Statutory Declaration may be made. Such authorised persons include the following:
magistrate, Justice of the Peace, Commissioner for Declarations, Commissioner for Affi davits, solicitor,
registered medical practitioner, bank manager, postal manager, an Australian Public Service Offi cer with
5 years or more service.
The department also accepts documents certifi ed by a registered migration agent.""