189 granted. What next?

Old Oct 27th 2014, 9:30 am
Forum Regular

AtherSaeed is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 189 granted. What next?

Hi Guys,

Me and my wife have been granted with 189 visa. Just wanted to ask a quick question. What is next? How many days in total do we have to spend in the Aussie land to be able to get the passport?
Old Oct 27th 2014, 9:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 189 granted. What next?

Next you start planning your move.

You need to live in Australia for four years before you are eligible for citizenship, you are allowed up to a year of that outside the country.
Old Oct 27th 2014, 10:03 am
Forum Regular

AtherSaeed is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
Next you start planning your move.

You need to live in Australia for four years before you are eligible for citizenship, you are allowed up to a year of that outside the country.
So lets say,

starting Jan 1 2015, I need to stay till Dec 31 2018. I need to stay in Australia? during this tenure I can spend up to 1 year outside Australia.
Old Oct 27th 2014, 3:04 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AtherSaeed
So lets say,

starting Jan 1 2015, I need to stay till Dec 31 2018. I need to stay in Australia? during this tenure I can spend up to 1 year outside Australia.
You would need to stay until 1st Jan 2019 at least out of which you can be out of Australia for a max 12 months with no more than 90 days in the 12 months before applying.