British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   189 Document Checklist plus Doing PCC & Meds before CO allocation? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/189-document-checklist-plus-doing-pcc-meds-before-co-allocation-773898/)

shaz982 Oct 7th 2012 6:42 pm

189 Document Checklist plus Doing PCC & Meds before CO allocation?

Hi Guys,

I will be submitting my EOI tomorrow. We are expats in Dubai but originally from India. As part of planning the road ahead in the immigration process, I thought of preparing a checklist for once the invite hopefully comes through. I'm doing this because we will be going on a short trip to India soon and if there is ANY document missing or that needs organized, it will have to be done while we are there. So can the experts pls skim through the below and tell me what is missing? Just one thing - I am unemployed at the moment so do not have any CURRENT work experience docs to show.

1) Passport for me and spouse
2) Marriage Certificate
3) My educational documents
4) My work experience document (Statutory Declaration by my Supervisor, on stamp paper and notarized - the same one that was submitted to and approved by ACS)
5) Appointment Letter, Promotion Letter, Service Letter, Resignation Letter, Contract
6) Pay Slips - total 8 payslips available from the 4 years and 4 months of experience that I'm claiming, Tax Returns - 1 certificate for each of the 4 years, Bank Statements - available for each month of the 4 years and 4 months claimed
7) IELTS Certificate
8) Legal Document linking my previous (single) name on educational certificates to current full name (first name and surname) which is on current passport/ACS/IELTS
9) Letter from spouses university confirming studying in Australia for one year in English - I am using this instead of IELTS for my spouse and not claiming partner points
10) Character Form

Qs1 - I am not planning to attest any of the above documents but submit coloured scans of the original documents-I guess that will be okay? If not, I have to get stuff attested while in India as it is very expensive doing it from UAE.

Qs 2 - Important qs that I have is, will the stat declaration provided to ACS be enough for DIAC too along with payslips, bank stats, letters etc? Or is there ANY other stat declaration or docs required (I cannot get docs directly from HR or on the company letterhead unfortunately).

Qs 3 - My partner and I are trying to conceive and going by current predictions for 60 pointers who submit their EOI by 7-8th Oct, an invite is likely to come by Jan at the latest and hopefully CO should be allocated by March. Should I be doing medicals now (meaning in Oct or Nov) as once I'm pregnant it will not be possible? Or should I wait for CO to be allocated and then inform them about the baby which means the visa will be delayed?

Qs 4 - I am aware that the first entry date will be by 12 months after meds or pcc is done, whichever is earlier. Lets say for example I do medicals on 1st November, receive UAE PCC by 1st Jan but India PCC by 1st Feb then what will be the first entry date likely to be...Oct 30th 2013?

Qs 5 - UAE PCC is valid for 3 months only. Will DIAC accept this though after the 3 months expire as they consider a 12 month expiry date for PCCs? In other words, are all PCCs valid for 12 months from issue date irrespective of what the particular country puts as an expiry date?

Looking forward to your expert opinions. Many thanks.

VV

uzi Oct 8th 2012 10:00 am

Re: 189 Document Checklist plus Doing PCC & Meds before CO allocation?

Originally Posted by shaz982 (Post 10318505)
Hi Guys,

I will be submitting my EOI tomorrow. We are expats in Dubai but originally from India. As part of planning the road ahead in the immigration process, I thought of preparing a checklist for once the invite hopefully comes through. I'm doing this because we will be going on a short trip to India soon and if there is ANY document missing or that needs organized, it will have to be done while we are there. So can the experts pls skim through the below and tell me what is missing? Just one thing - I am unemployed at the moment so do not have any CURRENT work experience docs to show.

1) Passport for me and spouse
2) Marriage Certificate
3) My educational documents
4) My work experience document (Statutory Declaration by my Supervisor, on stamp paper and notarized - the same one that was submitted to and approved by ACS)
5) Appointment Letter, Promotion Letter, Service Letter, Resignation Letter, Contract
6) Pay Slips - total 8 payslips available from the 4 years and 4 months of experience that I'm claiming, Tax Returns - 1 certificate for each of the 4 years, Bank Statements - available for each month of the 4 years and 4 months claimed
7) IELTS Certificate
8) Legal Document linking my previous (single) name on educational certificates to current full name (first name and surname) which is on current passport/ACS/IELTS
9) Letter from spouses university confirming studying in Australia for one year in English - I am using this instead of IELTS for my spouse and not claiming partner points
10) Character Form

Qs1 - I am not planning to attest any of the above documents but submit coloured scans of the original documents-I guess that will be okay? If not, I have to get stuff attested while in India as it is very expensive doing it from UAE.

Qs 2 - Important qs that I have is, will the stat declaration provided to ACS be enough for DIAC too along with payslips, bank stats, letters etc? Or is there ANY other stat declaration or docs required (I cannot get docs directly from HR or on the company letterhead unfortunately).

Qs 3 - My partner and I are trying to conceive and going by current predictions for 60 pointers who submit their EOI by 7-8th Oct, an invite is likely to come by Jan at the latest and hopefully CO should be allocated by March. Should I be doing medicals now (meaning in Oct or Nov) as once I'm pregnant it will not be possible? Or should I wait for CO to be allocated and then inform them about the baby which means the visa will be delayed?

Qs 4 - I am aware that the first entry date will be by 12 months after meds or pcc is done, whichever is earlier. Lets say for example I do medicals on 1st November, receive UAE PCC by 1st Jan but India PCC by 1st Feb then what will be the first entry date likely to be...Oct 30th 2013?

Qs 5 - UAE PCC is valid for 3 months only. Will DIAC accept this though after the 3 months expire as they consider a 12 month expiry date for PCCs? In other words, are all PCCs valid for 12 months from issue date irrespective of what the particular country puts as an expiry date?

Looking forward to your expert opinions. Many thanks.

VV

Yes 1-2.

3. What makes you so sure that you will get an invite? If you are invited and when a CO is assigned and when he/she requests medicals/PCC, only then it make sense to apply for medicals/PCC.

4. That is a general rule (1-year from medicals/PCC) - but there are exceptions as well, the exact entry date will be what your CO issues you. I personally think you are thinking too much in advance (though it is good to have tentative plans - but keep them tentative).

5. DIAC/CO will ask for a fresh set of PCC and/or medicals if they think they want a new one. Again, it is pointless to think about the effects of 3 months validity date of specific PCC. When being asked, you submit one - end of story.

Good luck and best wishes for your future family.

Regards.

Uzi

joojay Oct 8th 2012 11:18 am

I agree with what Uzi has said ...... plus, you can do medical and PCC only when you have a TRN number, which will be allocated to you AFTER you lodge your application and pay the required fee

shaz982 Oct 9th 2012 8:06 am

Originally Posted by joojay (Post 10319519)
I agree with what Uzi has said ...... plus, you can do medical and PCC only when you have a TRN number, which will be allocated to you AFTER you lodge your application and pay the required fee

Thanks for your inputs guys. I know I am planning ahead but that has pretty much been how I've led my life in general...haha.

Anyways, joojay...although what you say is absolutely correct, I have read and heard of several cases where people have "front-loaded" the PCC's and medicals even before getting a CO..how have they done this without TRN number then?

musicalfever4 Oct 9th 2012 9:28 am

Originally Posted by shaz982 (Post 10321068)
Thanks for your inputs guys. I know I am planning ahead but that has pretty much been how I've led my life in general...haha.

Anyways, joojay...although what you say is absolutely correct, I have read and heard of several cases where people have "front-loaded" the PCC's and medicals even before getting a CO..how have they done this without TRN number then?

You will get your TRN number after submitting your application -not after having a CO allocated. That can happen many months after submitting your application!

Pollyana Oct 9th 2012 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by shaz982 (Post 10321068)

In many countries a TRN is not necessary when applying for a pcc or medical. This is true of the UK - you do not need a TRN to get either pcc or medical in the UK, and this is after all a forum aimed at British Expats. Hence you will see numerous references to things which do not apply to applciants from other countries.
Similarly, UK applicants will wonder why a TRN is needed because they can undertake medicals and pcc without one.