British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   189 closely related occupation (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/189-closely-related-occupation-863598/)

adada Aug 18th 2015 3:13 am

189 closely related occupation

Dear all,

I have been working in the risk management field. I want to claim the 3 years work experience i have for the 189 visa application. However, I have doubts about what the closest occupation on the list is. My guess is Management Accountant but i am not sure. Regarding my qualification, I am a certified CPAA and CFA charterholder.

The below is my job duties... would you guys have a look and give me some suggestion?

Financial and credit risk control related duties
- Evaluating, advising and presenting the overall financial and credit risk exposure of the company through analysis of various financial or non-financial data to various stakeholders so as to ensure the company's financial security
- Evaluating the risk and benefit of proposed business transaction and make appropriate recommendation
- Preparing internal reports for presentation to various stakeholders
- Making financial and credit recommendations internally in light of the relevant financial, business data and the company’s specific circumstances
- Providing regular risk management reporting and general support to the Risk Manager
- Advising internally on financial risk and credit risk related matters arising out of the daily operations of the company
- Overseeing the company’s credit and financial control system through developing, refining and enhancing credit policies
Forecasting and planning related duties
- Preparing internal reports for various stakeholders within the company which are used to make business planning decisions
- Assisting in formulating budgetary and accounting policies
- Recording and presenting data for internal review to help the company budget better
- Providing assurance of the compliance of any upcoming transaction with the relevant statutory requirements
- Forecasting the company’s overall financial risk and credit risk position based on proposed and existing commercial transactions

Internal control and evaluation related duties
- Monitoring, reviewing and analyzing operating performance and procedure to continually improve the company in terms of performance.
- Conducting and advising on the company internal control audit
- Developing, refining and enhancing the internal control systems
- Recording and presenting data for internal review to help the company perform better
- Examining operating costs and the company’s income and expenditure
- Working closely with the rest of the company in order to ensure they carry out their
responsibilities and ensure consistency and best practice is developed and maintained across the company
- Identifying and reporting financial irregularities and potential problems to the relevant stakeholders
- Ensuring the current internal control system complies with the applicable internal and regulatory requirements (including Dodd Frank, EMIR, FATCA, and laws and regulations related to data protection and confidentiality, anti-bribery and anti-money laundering)

Regards,
Adada

xizzles Aug 20th 2015 8:53 pm

Re: 189 closely related occupation

Erm, maybe some professional advice may be in order here? You'd probably have better luck with a migration agent who's used to such scenarios.