186 VISA procedure

Old Nov 18th 2013, 5:40 pm
Forum Regular

PaqMusic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 186 VISA procedure

Hello,

I was wondering if someone could give me a rough timeframe/timeline of the visa procedure. I have submitted my application on the 15th of November 2013 and paid my fees ($3050). I have also submitted all my documents straight away (had them certified and prepared including driving licence, passport, job contract, skill assessment form, birth certificate and IELTS results). I have scheduled the medical for the 26th of November and printed out the medical form.

What next? Will I get someone from immigration contact me? or should I just wait for the medical to be done (i take it the doctor uploads the results himself) and then a decision?

Many thanks!
Old Nov 18th 2013, 7:34 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 186 VISA procedure

Originally Posted by PaqMusic
Hello,

I was wondering if someone could give me a rough timeframe/timeline of the visa procedure. I have submitted my application on the 15th of November 2013 and paid my fees ($3050). I have also submitted all my documents straight away (had them certified and prepared including driving licence, passport, job contract, skill assessment form, birth certificate and IELTS results). I have scheduled the medical for the 26th of November and printed out the medical form.

What next? Will I get someone from immigration contact me? or should I just wait for the medical to be done (i take it the doctor uploads the results himself) and then a decision?

Many thanks!
Hi PaqMusic,

The service charter on the immi forum - http://www.immi.gov.au/about/charter.../visas/8.0.htm - gives ENS applications as Priority group 2, estimated at 5 months for low risk countries but all cases vary and it's just a guideline. I couldn't find 186 on the allocation table as it only lists Priority 3, 4 and 5 (Priority 3 was 7 weeks, so less than that at a guess )

Usually it's recommended to wait until requested for medicals and PCC, but some people do these before request and upload them - the PCC is the ACPO which you already have I think. With lodging medicals and PCC before requested, it can reduce the amount of time you will have to validate any visa grant, as this is usually (but not always) given as 12 months after the first.

eg if you did ACPO in October, and medicals in November, and the visa is granted in March 2014, you would likely get a first entry by October 2014. Hope that makes sense
Old Nov 18th 2013, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

Hi,

Yeah, that makes sense, thank you! The medical request popped up straight away and I have to fill out a questionnaire and print out a letter I need to give to my panel doctor.

Will a worker get in touch with me at all or is it all automated (nearly)?
Old Nov 18th 2013, 8:25 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Yeah, that makes sense, thank you! The medical request popped up straight away and I have to fill out a questionnaire and print out a letter I need to give to my panel doctor.

Will a worker get in touch with me at all or is it all automated (nearly)?
The medical pops up for everyone - usually if waiting until requested you get an email asking you to arrange them and obtain PCC at same time - which can often be the first time you hear from a CO is everything has been uploaded successfully, and they have enough information.

After that, you again my not hear anything until you get your grant notice by email
Old Nov 19th 2013, 1:14 pm
Forum Regular

When should I fill out form 80? It's not part of the required documents but going though the document checklist it appears there couple times as a requirement.
Old Nov 19th 2013, 8:41 pm

When should I fill out form 80? It's not part of the required documents but going though the document checklist it appears there couple times as a requirement.
I think I filled mine out at the beginning when lodging all the other docs