18 yr old son wants to move over

Old Mar 26th 2009, 8:50 am
Forum Regular

trevamather is a jewel in the roughtrevamather is a jewel in the roughtrevamather is a jewel in the roughtrevamather is a jewel in the roughtrevamather is a jewel in the rough
Default 18 yr old son wants to move over

Hi all
my son has just been for 3 weeks holiday and decided that he wants to move out. Is there any sort of visa we could go for. His situation is:

1 He is 18 1/2 yrs old
2 He is a trainee in the RAF
3 His mother is alive and living in the UK

Myself and OH have been here since sept 08 on a 136 PR visa and are both working.

Spoke to Raaf but they aren't taking overseas applicants at the moment and wouldn't transfer a trainee anyway.
Thanks
Trev
Old Mar 26th 2009, 10:03 pm
Forum Regular

trevamather is a jewel in the roughtrevamather is a jewel in the roughtrevamather is a jewel in the roughtrevamather is a jewel in the roughtrevamather is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: 18 yr old son wants to move over

anyone?
Old Mar 26th 2009, 11:19 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by trevamather
anyone?
You really must learn to be more patient. It was just over an hour between your posts and it is very possible that those of us who live in Australia were either still sleeping or getting ready to go to work.

Have you looked at getting him a working holiday visa? Or a student visa? Or speaking to a migration agent for a free consultation?
Old Mar 26th 2009, 11:42 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Dorothy
You really must learn to be more patient. It was just over an hour between your posts and it is very possible that those of us who live in Australia were either still sleeping or getting ready to go to work.

Have you looked at getting him a working holiday visa? Or a student visa? Or speaking to a migration agent for a free consultation?
Hi dorothy..there must be something wrong with the times on the posts cos I put the original on at 6pm last night, I live in Oz, and the second one went on when I got up at 8.30 this morning!?!?
I'll have a look on immi again...just when I go on their visa wizard and try different combinations ie student, working holiday etc it keeps giving the reply that there is no visa available for him in his circumstances. I'll maybe try ringing immi today to see if they can help.
Thanks
Old Mar 30th 2009, 2:13 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by trevamather
Hi dorothy..there must be something wrong with the times on the posts cos I put the original on at 6pm last night, I live in Oz, and the second one went on when I got up at 8.30 this morning!?!?
I'll have a look on immi again...just when I go on their visa wizard and try different combinations ie student, working holiday etc it keeps giving the reply that there is no visa available for him in his circumstances. I'll maybe try ringing immi today to see if they can help.
Thanks
Ringing immigration is not the best way to get advice and there may be no visa available anyway, especially if he is not financially dependent on you.

I suggest a consultation with an agent like George Lombard (search forum for contact details). Be prepared to pay for an assessment.