176 Visa Grant, Thanks DIAC & B.E

Old Sep 21st 2011, 11:29 am
BE Enthusiast

jovipk is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 176 Visa Grant, Thanks DIAC & B.E

Originally Posted by umair
Congratz dude )
Thanks Umair, wish u luck with rest of application process.
Old Sep 22nd 2011, 3:09 pm
Forum Regular

komail is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jovipk
Thanks Umair, wish u luck with rest of application process.
How much money you are planning to take with? Do you have any existing accommodation there (like friend or family etc)?
Old Sep 23rd 2011, 8:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by komail
How much money you are planning to take with? Do you have any existing accommodation there (like friend or family etc)?
Depends, your lifestyle, number of family members, small family of 3-4 like me initially minimum 15k is required, more is better. It doesn't mean you will gonna spend all your savings but it will help you to mitigate upcoming challenges like accommodation (they usually ask to pay Bond money and one month rent advance or like that), you would need to buy fans, washing machine, fridge which are essential items and of course your food.

once you get your job your saving will be kept safe for any emergency.

No I don't have any friend, and now a days I am seriously searching for initial shelters, as getting accommodation for job less person in Melbourne is very difficult, usually land lords are reluctant for such person, they need some way of reference in terms of income source etc. So not many options with family to stay for couple of weeks after landing, found couples, not share can share the link on B.E or not.
Old Sep 23rd 2011, 12:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

aliah is just really nicealiah is just really nicealiah is just really nicealiah is just really nicealiah is just really nicealiah is just really nicealiah is just really nicealiah is just really nice

Originally Posted by jovipk
Depends, your lifestyle, number of family members, small family of 3-4 like me initially minimum 15k is required, more is better. It doesn't mean you will gonna spend all your savings but it will help you to mitigate upcoming challenges like accommodation (they usually ask to pay Bond money and one month rent advance or like that), you would need to buy fans, washing machine, fridge which are essential items and of course your food.

once you get your job your saving will be kept safe for any emergency.

No I don't have any friend, and now a days I am seriously searching for initial shelters, as getting accommodation for job less person in Melbourne is very difficult, usually land lords are reluctant for such person, they need some way of reference in terms of income source etc. So not many options with family to stay for couple of weeks after landing, found couples, not share can share the link on B.E or not.
Congratz and Good luck Jovipk
yeah you are right...initially they ask for 4 weeks rent as bond money and 2 weeks advance...a single or couple move in cost is around 1.5k-2k (independent )...shared accommodations are rather cheap
there are very useful websites and you can try there. you may get an accommodation before coming over
good luck again
Old Sep 23rd 2011, 1:22 pm
Forum Regular

komail is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by aliah
yeah you are right...initially they ask for 4 weeks rent as bond money and 2 weeks advance...a single or couple move in cost is around 1.5k-2k (independent )...shared accommodations are rather cheap
there are very useful websites and you can try there. you may get an accommodation before coming over
good luck again
Thanks for the reply. Few questions here:

1. Since I received the grant letter today, do I need to have stamped the Visa on my passport too or this letter is enough for traveling.

2. As I am related to IT field, so my priority would be either Melbourne or Sydney. My family include my wife, 5 years old son and 10 months old daughter. Now, I am planning to go first and get a job, arrange the accommodation and manage all other necessities. I am assuming this all will take 2 to 3 months before calling my family in Australia.

3. Since I have no family or friend there, how I suppose to rant a shelter after arriving to Sydney/Melbourne airport. Means, where would I be staying for 2 to 3 days until I find any shelter.

4. I am planning to arrive there in first week of January 2012. I think it would be the holiday season. Will the flights will be available in those season? Will jobs would be available in that season?

5. What will be the weather there in January?

6. Can I apply for jobs from my current location and give telephonic interviews until I reach there. I want to try to get a job before I reach there.

Some of the above questions might feel silly but this is my first time..

Regards,
Komail Noori
Old Sep 23rd 2011, 3:17 pm
uzi
Java Dweeb

uzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud of

1. Since I received the grant letter today, do I need to have stamped the Visa on my passport too or this letter is enough for traveling.
Yes, specially for Pakistan. and it will help you out later as well.

2. As I am related to IT field, so my priority would be either Melbourne or Sydney. My family include my wife, 5 years old son and 10 months old daughter. Now, I am planning to go first and get a job, arrange the accommodation and manage all other necessities. I am assuming this all will take 2 to 3 months before calling my family in Australia.
If you are travelling alone initially, you should be able to locate a good place to live. Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane all are good choices for IT professionals.

3. Since I have no family or friend there, how I suppose to rant a shelter after arriving to Sydney/Melbourne airport. Means, where would I be staying for 2 to 3 days until I find any shelter.
You have various options. gumtree.com.au is a choice. domain.com.au is another choice. http://www.moving-to-melbourne.co.uk/ are referred to me as well for people looking to settle in Melbourne
4. I am planning to arrive there in first week of January 2012. I think it would be the holiday season. Will the flights will be available in those season? Will jobs would be available in that season?
They will be very expensive and chances are you wont be able to find many since migrant people also returning back from their vacations. I personally am looking for end of january to move

Yahoo! weather

6. Can I apply for jobs from my current location and give telephonic interviews until I reach there. I want to try to get a job before I reach there.
Usually it doesn't help. Your best bet is to contact recruiters about three weeks before you plan to travel. Get a Aus number on Skype and start sending your resume and start calling recruiters. seek.com.au is a very good starting point. LinkedIn helps out a lot as well

Regards,
Komail Noori
Good luck in starting of your next phase of your life.

Regards

Usman
Old Sep 24th 2011, 10:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by aliah
good luck again
Hey you are still out their, Thanks Brother.

Ali bahi how did you manage your accommodation, can you please share your experience in OZ about accommodation.
Old Sep 24th 2011, 10:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Regards,
Komail Noori
Hi,

I am not sure where are you heading to, but if you are going to Melbourne, following link is indeed helpful http://www.liveinvictoria.vic.gov.au...-accommodation

If you need further help you can PM me.

UZI is right it will be difficult to grab the seat to OZ in Jan, so its advisable to book it know, Check all the airlines, but found Malaysia Airline is more suitable to us coz of Halal food and ecnomical fairs. don't forget to ask for 40kg baggae allowance per person(tell them you are going for visa validation), normally they allowed 25kg.

One more advise being IT professional have some googling practice

I got my Australian skype online number worth 15 eouros for 3 months today, as you will asked to provide Australian based contact number while applying to any job.