176 visa and business/work travel

Old Apr 23rd 2010, 6:21 am
Forum Regular

ausdreams is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 176 visa and business/work travel

Hi all,

We have a SA sponsorship approved. Down the lane, my spouse might likely get an opportunity through his current employer for a short term business trip to Aus (but for sure his work will not be in SA). Once we have a 176 visa in hand, can he travel on work to any other state other than SA through his 176 for a short time period, before we actually make the final move to SA? Or should he have to forego his opportunity for now? Am I right in assuming that, that he would not be able to process a separate business/work visa, when he already has a PR approved? Any suggestions please ?
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 7:11 am
BE Forum Addict

freebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 176 visa and business/work travel

Originally Posted by ausdreams
Hi all,

We have a SA sponsorship approved. Down the lane, my spouse might likely get an opportunity through his current employer for a short term business trip to Aus (but for sure his work will not be in SA). Once we have a 176 visa in hand, can he travel on work to any other state other than SA through his 176 for a short time period, before we actually make the final move to SA? Or should he have to forego his opportunity for now? Am I right in assuming that, that he would not be able to process a separate business/work visa, when he already has a PR approved? Any suggestions please ?
The commitment is that when he makes the permanent move to Australia he lives & works in that state for 2 years. Taking short business trips elsewhere does not affect this IMHO.
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 7:17 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by freebo
The commitment is that when he makes the permanent move to Australia he lives & works in that state for 2 years. Taking short business trips elsewhere does not affect this IMHO.
Thanks freebo! So would that be considered his validation trip, if at all he goes? do we need to inform DIAC/SA govt on this prior to his business trip? btw, do we need to land first/visit the sponsoring state, during the validation trip? pls advice...
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 7:48 am
BE Forum Addict

freebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks freebo! So would that be considered his validation trip, if at all he goes? do we need to inform DIAC/SA govt on this prior to his business trip? btw, do we need to land first/visit the sponsoring state, during the validation trip? pls advice...
Yes it would be a validation trip, I don't know the answer to your other questions.
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 8:21 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by freebo
Yes it would be a validation trip, I don't know the answer to your other questions.

Thanks for that ! anyone else on the forum vit similar experience, could you pls advice?
Old Apr 24th 2010, 1:02 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that ! anyone else on the forum vit similar experience, could you pls advice?
What exactly are you looking for? Do you intend to abide by your sponsorship obligations or not? Short visits to other states do not affect you if you settle in the state.
Old Apr 24th 2010, 7:21 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JAJ
What exactly are you looking for? Do you intend to abide by your sponsorship obligations or not? Short visits to other states do not affect you if you settle in the state.
We do intend to accept SA sponsorship and work there for 2 yrs, but we might not make the move immediately. Meanwhile, since my husband's current job might need him to travel to Aus on business trip and if we have our 176 stamped by then, so he would not be in a position to apply a business visa (which he would have done, if we did not have a PR by then). So we were skeptic, if he could go to some other state other than SA and work, and if it would be affecting our PR obligations in any way. From most of your replies, I understand that it would be ok to go on short term work trips. before coming to SA permanently.