Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

176 relative visa - evidence that the sponsor did everything well

176 relative visa - evidence that the sponsor did everything well

Old Sep 6th 2010, 8:14 am
Just Joined

zoranl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 176 relative visa - evidence that the sponsor did everything well

Dear people,

I have a question regarding sponsorship application of my brother.

I applied for skilled (relative) sponsored 176 visa on August 23, 2010. Furthermore, my brother did his obligation on August 29, 2010 and filled in the online sponsorship form. When he was finished with filling in the sponsor form and clicked submit, he was given an option to print (which he did, he printed it as a .pdf file) the completed sponsor form as an evidence that everything went fine. I must mention that he didn't get any confirmation on his email that the online sponsor form was completed.

Also on August 23, 2010 I got an auto-generated acknowledgment letter from DIAC that my visa application was received by them, and on August 29, 2010 after my brother completed the online sponsor form I also got the same auto-generated acknowledgment letter. I assume that second acknowledgment letter from DIAC could be the confirmation that my brother did everything well. I also must mention that on every page of his sponsorship form (at the bottom of the page) there is a Transaction Reference Number.

My question is this: would it be a good idea to upload to eVisa system that .pdf file he had printed, as some kind of a proof that he had done his obligation?

Regards,

Zoran
Old Sep 6th 2010, 9:45 am
Forum Regular

vober is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 176 relative visa - evidence that the sponsor did everything well

Hi Zoran,

Sorry I cannot help you on the above. However I am also in the same boat as you. My brother wishes to sponsor me and i am still in the process of getting my occupation assessed. I wish to know what are the documents one needs to furnish as proof for the relationship. Also, do we have to indicate via a family tree how we are related.

It would be highly appreciative of you if you could provide me some guidance with the above.

Regards,

Vaibhav
Old Sep 6th 2010, 10:29 am
BE Enthusiast

aliah is just really nicealiah is just really nicealiah is just really nicealiah is just really nicealiah is just really nicealiah is just really nicealiah is just really nicealiah is just really nice

i applied 176 family sponosred...
My sponsor[brother]was unable to fill online sponsorship form so we called DIAC and were advised to fill up form 1277 manually and email it...my brother emailed and later i attached it to my online documents section as well.
as far as relationship proof is concerned,i was asked to provide "relation to sponsor" and "family tree diagram"documents...in Pakistan,we can get a "FRC[Family registration certificate] issued from "National database and registration authority"This document entails whole family structure with names,their mutual relationships,date of birth and national ID card numbers.i attached the same document against both requirements and both were turned to "met"without any trouble...
Try to get any such relavant document and you will be fine...
Originally Posted by vober
Hi Zoran,

Sorry I cannot help you on the above. However I am also in the same boat as you. My brother wishes to sponsor me and i am still in the process of getting my occupation assessed. I wish to know what are the documents one needs to furnish as proof for the relationship. Also, do we have to indicate via a family tree how we are related.

It would be highly appreciative of you if you could provide me some guidance with the above.

Regards,

Vaibhav
Old Sep 6th 2010, 10:36 am
Just Joined

Hi Zoran,

Regards,

Vaibhav
Greetings Vaibhav,

Lets start from the beginning. I assume you will be applying online for the visa.

Firstly, your sponsor needs to send you evidence of permanent residency, or Australian citizenship. My brother sent me a scanned copy of his passport personal particulars page and his visa stamp. Just a small note, when you apply for the visa and have to upload the appropriate documents every document should be a scanned copy of the orignal(colored scanned copy). It doesn't have to be certified by notary public or someone else. But if your document is black and white, than it should be certified, scanned in color and uploaded to eVisa system

Secondly, you have to prove your relationship with your sponsor. For that matter your sponsor needs to send you scanned copy of birth certificate, marriage certificate, school records... I got from my brother a scan of birth certificate, and because he changed his surname through marriage he also sent me his marriage certificate as an evidence of change of name. After that you should make a simple family tree/family diagram (I mentioned in my digram who my parents are and I mentioned also my brother, and that's it).

Thirdly, your sponsor has to send you evidence of his or hers residential address. For example, residential tenancy agreement if his or hers place of stay is rented, owners certificate if the sponsor owns the place, some receipt for telephone, electricity, water where the date and your sponsor's address is stated...

And the last thing is that your sponsor has to fill in the sponsorship form (after you apply for visa you will get so called Transaction Reference Number or TRN, and you need to provide this TRN to your sponsor because he has to fill it into the sponshorship form). Also when you apply for visa your sponsor is obligated to fill in the online sponsorship form in 28 days after the date of your application.

By the way where are you from? I am from Croatia. Hopefully my application will be finalized in the next 12 months or less and then one way ticket to Australia.

Hope this helps.

Take care,

Zoran
Old Sep 6th 2010, 10:37 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by aliah
i applied 176 family sponosred...
My sponsor[brother]was unable to fill online sponsorship form so we called DIAC and were advised to fill up form 1277 manually and email it...my brother emailed and later i attached it to my online documents section as well.
as far as relationship proof is concerned,i was asked to provide "relation to sponsor" and "family tree diagram"documents...in Pakistan,we can get a "FRC[Family registration certificate] issued from "National database and registration authority"This document entails whole family structure with names,their mutual relationships,date of birth and national ID card numbers.i attached the same document against both requirements and both were turned to "met"without any trouble...
Try to get any such relavant document and you will be fine...
Thanks aliah for the quick response. I think in India I can attach mine and my brother school passing certificates and our Passport copies in addition to our Birth certificates. The birth certificates dont have our names but yes our parents names and our DOB are there on it.

Regards,

Vaibhav
Old Sep 6th 2010, 11:51 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Zoran,

I am from India. Applying for my assessment from EA currently under the occupation "Electrical Engineer".

Thanks for the detailed information it is very handy and saves me the trouble of going in for an agent for filing.Filing is still a few months away for me.

Hope you get your PR as soon as possible. BTW have you been assigned a CO yet or not.

Cheers,

Vaibhav
Old Sep 6th 2010, 12:38 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Zoran,

I am from India. Applying for my assessment from EA currently under the occupation "Electrical Engineer".

Thanks for the detailed information it is very handy and saves me the trouble of going in for an agent for filing.Filing is still a few months away for me.

Hope you get your PR as soon as possible. BTW have you been assigned a CO yet or not.

Cheers,

Vaibhav
I wish you best of luck with your skills assessment Vaibhav.

I have never been to India, maybe I will go there when I move to Australia.

No CO assigned yet. I hope it will happen in 3 to 4 weeks.

Regards,

Zoran
Old Sep 27th 2010, 6:37 am
Just Joined

toti is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by zoranl
Greetings Vaibhav,

Lets start from the beginning. I assume you will be applying online for the visa.

Firstly, your sponsor needs to send you evidence of permanent residency, or Australian citizenship. My brother sent me a scanned copy of his passport personal particulars page and his visa stamp. Just a small note, when you apply for the visa and have to upload the appropriate documents every document should be a scanned copy of the orignal(colored scanned copy). It doesn't have to be certified by notary public or someone else. But if your document is black and white, than it should be certified, scanned in color and uploaded to eVisa system

Secondly, you have to prove your relationship with your sponsor. For that matter your sponsor needs to send you scanned copy of birth certificate, marriage certificate, school records... I got from my brother a scan of birth certificate, and because he changed his surname through marriage he also sent me his marriage certificate as an evidence of change of name. After that you should make a simple family tree/family diagram (I mentioned in my digram who my parents are and I mentioned also my brother, and that's it).

Thirdly, your sponsor has to send you evidence of his or hers residential address. For example, residential tenancy agreement if his or hers place of stay is rented, owners certificate if the sponsor owns the place, some receipt for telephone, electricity, water where the date and your sponsor's address is stated...

And the last thing is that your sponsor has to fill in the sponsorship form (after you apply for visa you will get so called Transaction Reference Number or TRN, and you need to provide this TRN to your sponsor because he has to fill it into the sponshorship form). Also when you apply for visa your sponsor is obligated to fill in the online sponsorship form in 28 days after the date of your application.

By the way where are you from? I am from Croatia. Hopefully my application will be finalized in the next 12 months or less and then one way ticket to Australia.

Hope this helps.

Take care,

Zoran
are you sure of that information , i searched on DIAC site , but could not find any ( this regarding to the obligation of 28 days )
Old Sep 27th 2010, 11:54 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by toti
are you sure of that information , i searched on DIAC site , but could not find any ( this regarding to the obligation of 28 days )
Hi toti

The information about 28 days obligation of your sponsor is on this web page, http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...hats-new.htm#p. Check the title Changes to state nominated and family sponsored GSM visas – 1 July 2010.

Cheers,

Zoran
Old Sep 27th 2010, 12:00 pm
Just Joined

Hi toti

The information about 28 days obligation of your sponsor is on this web page, http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...hats-new.htm#p. Check the title Changes to state nominated and family sponsored GSM visas – 1 July 2010.

Cheers,

Zoran

thanks a lot for your information , but what could happen if the sponsor form 1277 is delayed for more days ? any idea ??
Old Sep 27th 2010, 3:17 pm
Just Joined

thanks a lot for your information , but what could happen if the sponsor form 1277 is delayed for more days ? any idea ??
I really don't know mate. I guess there will be no harm as long as the case officer has not been assigned. But that's my guess, don't count on it.

I wouldn't wait for the deadline.

Zoran
Old Sep 27th 2010, 4:10 pm
Just Joined

I really don't know mate. I guess there will be no harm as long as the case officer has not been assigned. But that's my guess, don't count on it.

I wouldn't wait for the deadline.

Zoran
thanks zoran

the problem that the documents 1277 was missed , as the sponsor send it by mail one month back but the address had something wrong ... so why im not uploaded it till now
Old Sep 27th 2010, 4:50 pm
Just Joined

thanks zoran

the problem that the documents 1277 was missed , as the sponsor send it by mail one month back but the address had something wrong ... so why im not uploaded it till now
Hi toti,

Just ask your sponsor to fill the online sponsor application form. I don't know why your sponsor sent the form 1277 by mail in the first place. If you applied for visa online your sponsor's obligation is to fill the sponsorship form online.

Or if for some reason your sponsor cannot complete the online sponsor form he can fill it again by hand, scan it in color and send it to you by email so you can upload the scanned form 1277 into the eVisa system. That should be fine.