176 for linux professional

Old Sep 6th 2009, 4:11 am
Forum Regular

mrtension is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 176 for linux professional

hi everybody,
i want to know something about my brother's profession.actually he has done bachelors in commerce,but he is working in IT(as a Linux professional) from last 3 years.he has done some certificate courses related to IT i.e. R.H.C.E. and M.C.S.E.i will be thankful to you people if someone can tell me that whether he can apply as a Linux Professional or not.and what is the process for that.
regards
Old Sep 6th 2009, 5:46 am
Account Closed

aman_sharma2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 176 for linux professional

Originally Posted by mrtension
hi everybody,
i want to know something about my brother's profession.actually he has done bachelors in commerce,but he is working in IT(as a Linux professional) from last 3 years.he has done some certificate courses related to IT i.e. R.H.C.E. and M.C.S.E.i will be thankful to you people if someone can tell me that whether he can apply as a Linux Professional or not.and what is the process for that.
regards
As per my understanding..as he does not have a computer science degree..he needs to go through RPL route and he needs to have 6 or 8 years of exp (not sure)..

May be someone else can tell you better..
Old Sep 6th 2009, 6:06 am
Forum Regular

pangkalizer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by aman_sharma2k1
As per my understanding..as he does not have a computer science degree..he needs to go through RPL route and he needs to have 6 or 8 years of exp (not sure)..

May be someone else can tell you better..
yes i've been to RPL route, he needs minimum of 6 years ICT experience...
Old Sep 6th 2009, 6:24 am

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute

MCSE is recongnized to be equivalent to the group B educational criterion, there is no need for the RPL. Still need 6 years of experience though.
Old Sep 6th 2009, 6:36 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by newjersey
MCSE is recongnized to be equivalent to the group B educational criterion, there is no need for the RPL. Still need 6 years of experience though.
are you referring to Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer? an educational criterion? not aware of this... can anyone confirm? i think it's just a certification from MS and a supporting doc for microsoft related skill. Red Hat Certified Engineer cert can be use for linux.... but still you'll need edu. qualification equal to australian standard + 4years ICT experience. otherwise have 6years ICT experience and go to RPL route.
Old Sep 6th 2009, 6:48 am

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pangkalizer
are you referring to Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer? an educational criterion? not aware of this... can anyone confirm? i think it's just a certification from MS and a supporting doc for microsoft related skill. Red Hat Certified Engineer cert can be use for linux.... but still you'll need edu. qualification equal to australian standard + 4years ICT experience. otherwise have 6years ICT experience and go to RPL route.
http://www.acs.org.au/index.cfm?acti...qualifications
This is all confirmation you need. You are also incorrect about 6 years and the RPL, read the guidelines again.

Referring to the original post, I agree that having MSCE and claming to be a Linux professional is raising questions about career focus.
Old Sep 6th 2009, 8:35 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by newjersey
http://www.acs.org.au/index.cfm?acti...qualifications
This is all confirmation you need. You are also incorrect about 6 years and the RPL, read the guidelines again.

Referring to the original post, I agree that having MSCE and claming to be a Linux professional is raising questions about career focus.
thanks for that info.. i stand corrected about certifications. also on RPL, it should be 8 years. still, given that he has only 3 years of experience... he will find it hard to be positively assessed in any "suitable" group. about the career focus thing, total experience required was not specific on technology but only need to be ICT related. however if you nominated specific skill (eg linux, and other MODL), you must prove that the skill/experience was gained total of 12 months during the last 4 years.