176 Family Sponsored Visa Circle

Old Oct 13th 2008, 3:58 pm
Forum Regular

snoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant future
Default Re: 176 Family Sponsored Visa Circle

Originally Posted by xzibit
Sent off for my Police Clearence Checks today (bit annoyed they're now £35 instead of £10), and book my x-rays and meds in for next week!!
Can you not 'choose' which p/c to have done anymore? The £35 is quicker...but I thought you had an option of either...has that changed now?
Old Oct 13th 2008, 4:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

xzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by snoo
Can you not 'choose' which p/c to have done anymore? The £35 is quicker...but I thought you had an option of either...has that changed now?
I don't think so, no. I thought you had to apply for the ACPO one now?!

I bloody hope so anyway lol.
Old Oct 13th 2008, 4:41 pm
Forum Regular

RobertC is a jewel in the roughRobertC is a jewel in the roughRobertC is a jewel in the roughRobertC is a jewel in the roughRobertC is a jewel in the rough

The £10 version is a 'subject access request' under the provisions of the UK data protection act, it is a nominal fee payable to request any information held about you by any organisation. I don't think the police can refuse this version even though they have a faster £35 alternative specially for Visa applications.

They may be quite difficult about providing the cheaper £10 version if they know its for a visa background check but you don't have to tell them why you want it.

I believe that the older version is still perfectly acceptable to DIAC.
Old Oct 16th 2008, 7:59 am
Forum Regular

snoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant future

GODDDDDDDD!!!!

I'm really wound up now!! Just how flippin' long does it take to have a look at a birth cert and police check??? C/O has had them 3wks.....and I KNOW they might not look at my file for ages.....but I'm fed-up today!!

My agent has been advised that 'the file is with the c/o'....well I know that...I'm just worried that because 2 documents are WRONGLY showing 'requested' that my file is being overlooked as the C/O may think she's still waiting for the docs! I've emailed them myself but was told to contact them through agent!!
If these two docs weren't showing as requested I wouldn't be worried....
Lisa,xx
Old Oct 16th 2008, 8:27 am
BE Enthusiast

maroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nice

GODDDDDDDD!!!!

I'm really wound up now!! Just how flippin' long does it take to have a look at a birth cert and police check??? C/O has had them 3wks.....and I KNOW they might not look at my file for ages.....but I'm fed-up today!!

My agent has been advised that 'the file is with the c/o'....well I know that...I'm just worried that because 2 documents are WRONGLY showing 'requested' that my file is being overlooked as the C/O may think she's still waiting for the docs! I've emailed them myself but was told to contact them through agent!!
If these two docs weren't showing as requested I wouldn't be worried....
Lisa,xx
Breathe in, breathe out, breathe in, breathe out. Aaaaand.....pour yourself a stiff drink!

I've seen posts on here talking about bugs in the computer system so they don't show correct status for documents etc. Plus your CO will have a pile of other cases to go through.

You will be absolutely fine - remind yourself that the worst is waaaay behind you and any day now you will have the magic visa

Oh yeah and don't forget you are a paying client and if you want your agent to call DIAC and establish EXACTLY what the status of those documents is, then he DOES IT!
Old Oct 16th 2008, 9:00 am
Forum Regular

Thanks M.....I'm just having a bad day!! Agent tells me she's called DIAC and they've apparently said they don't know why docs went to 'met' and have now gone back to 'requested'.....so yes....Just WAIT I suppose!! I just needed to SHOUT at someone so thought I'd shout on here where people understand!!!!!
Thanks....Lisa,x
Old Oct 16th 2008, 9:03 am
BE Enthusiast

maroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nice

Thanks M.....I'm just having a bad day!! Agent tells me she's called DIAC and they've apparently said they don't know why docs went to 'met' and have now gone back to 'requested'.....so yes....Just WAIT I suppose!! I just needed to SHOUT at someone so thought I'd shout on here where people understand!!!!!
Thanks....Lisa,x
You should see some of the rants I posted on here in the past!! Vent away!

I recommend drinking and forcing yourself not to log on for a full 2 days though as a temporary sanity-restoring measure
Old Oct 17th 2008, 3:49 pm
Forum Regular

murf80 is an unknown quantity at this point

Know how you feel Snoo, hope it's passed now. I think we've all had days of going "AAARRRGGGGHHHHH" but then you remember all the sensible things people say like to be patient, these things take time, it'll be any day now. All those things are true, but it's good to ARGH! every now and then

I've still heard nothing, only the two med forms you download show 'required' and no-one can tell me why given that the rest of the meds turned up. I can feel a phone call coming on next week...
Old Oct 21st 2008, 9:04 am
Forum Regular

Well.....spent the morning throwing up!! NOT the reaction I thought I would have to getting 'THE NEWS'!! Got a phone call this morning from Agent...who woke me up with a 'G'day Lisa...you got the visa'!! My reaction was 'whoohoo' in a 'I've just woken up' voice!!
I know we're REALLY lucky particularly being on a 176 to have got the visa within 6 months and I'm REALLY trying NOT to show off when our friends Nix & Mike and others are STILL waiting!! Sorry guys...I really would swap with you if I could!! I'm sending subliminal messages for my C/O to pick up YOUR file (and blow the dust off it!!)
So we've got 'til May to either validate or leave for good (the latter would be great! House to sell though!)....our Son has told us he's staying here to finish his 4 years of Uni...not a massive prob...he can email us!! Ha Ha!
Thanks for listening to my AAARRGGGHHHs for the last month guys!
Lisa,xx
Old Oct 21st 2008, 10:05 am
Forum Regular

RobertC is a jewel in the roughRobertC is a jewel in the roughRobertC is a jewel in the roughRobertC is a jewel in the roughRobertC is a jewel in the rough

Congratulations snoo, at least its an end to the ups and downs of the waiting process.

I'm in one of the downs at the moment, our 14th April 176 application has just sat waitling and there are so many April-May-June COs and visa grants now that it seem that we've been forgotten.

Oh well, perhaps next week..........
Old Oct 21st 2008, 10:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RobertC
Congratulations snoo, at least its an end to the ups and downs of the waiting process.

I'm in one of the downs at the moment, our 14th April 176 application has just sat waitling and there are so many April-May-June COs and visa grants now that it seem that we've been forgotten.

Hey RobertC - tough times for sure, but you will get there and it's SO worth it! Are you paperbased?
Old Oct 21st 2008, 10:26 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Rob,

It wouldn't be too bad if we had an indication of maybe a certain month that we COULD get the visa...or even a C/O! But to be told...could be anytime from 3-12 months is the tough part I think! (or even longer for some VERY unlucky people!!).
Sending you some LUCK!! Lisa,x
Old Oct 21st 2008, 10:27 am

username02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really nice

Well.....spent the morning throwing up!! NOT the reaction I thought I would have to getting 'THE NEWS'!! Got a phone call this morning from Agent...who woke me up with a 'G'day Lisa...you got the visa'!!
Congratulations! Booked your flights yet?
Old Oct 21st 2008, 10:32 am

username02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really nice

Originally Posted by RobertC

Is your application "complete", or are you waiting to be asked for medicals/pccs? If it's the former, then you may never know you've got a CO, if it's the latter is there anything you can get in touch with them about (asking a question other than "have I got a CO", sending a new document etc.) just to get them to look at you file?

I've no idea if it made any difference, but my getting a CO coincided with me providing them with corrected information about my sponsor. It might have been a coincidence (esp. considering the number of CO's and grants that happened around that time), but I'm not convinced it was...
Old Oct 21st 2008, 10:33 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by schwuk
Congratulations! Booked your flights yet?
Give me chance mate!! Haha!!!

Nope...gotta sell house yet! Oh Sh*t....I've just rememberes who I haven't emailed...OUR SPONSOR!! Uncle David!! Numpty!!

Thanks for the congrats!! Lisa,x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.