176 Family Sponsored Visa Circle

Old Sep 25th 2008, 2:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really nice
Default Re: 176 Family Sponsored Visa Circle

Thought I would add my application to the pile........although you may all feel a little pity for me when you see how long I have been waiting !!!!
I am an old 138 (now 176) applicant who applied with a paper-based application in Aug 07. I called DIAC two days ago.......and still no change in my application - no CO.
So 13 months and still waiting.....
Hope to be off this list soon! It is very difficult to wait endlessly with no end in sight.......

Nix
Old Sep 25th 2008, 6:18 pm
Forum Regular

BroomeChick will become famous soon enough

I'm a May 2008 applicant being sponsored by my aunt.
I have not had medicals or police checks yet. Waiting for my agent to give me the go. Hoping to hear something soon. I check the DIAC site every night... If only they could be processed based on how often you have logged into your account!!! I would have my visa by now!
Old Sep 25th 2008, 7:34 pm
Just Joined

amandrew is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all 176ers
thought we would share our time line

submitted online application 15/11/2007
case officer 28/04/2008
case officer requesting medicals 29/07/2008
medicals done 13/08/2008
medicals finalised 08/09/2008
visa granted 24/09/2008
my 10 year old daughter and me both have type 1 diabetes and had no problems all meds finalised same time although they have given us 6 months from medical date.
we (6 of us ) are heading for vic point near brisbane and looking for work as a carpenter.
good luck to all and hang in there
Old Sep 25th 2008, 11:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

maroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nice

Originally Posted by amandrew
Hi all 176ers
thought we would share our time line

submitted online application 15/11/2007
case officer 28/04/2008
case officer requesting medicals 29/07/2008
medicals done 13/08/2008
medicals finalised 08/09/2008
visa granted 24/09/2008
my 10 year old daughter and me both have type 1 diabetes and had no problems all meds finalised same time although they have given us 6 months from medical date.
we (6 of us ) are heading for vic point near brisbane and looking for work as a carpenter.
good luck to all and hang in there
Wow I wonder what on earth the elusive CO was doing all those long days between April and August.
Old Sep 27th 2008, 10:54 am
Forum Regular

murf80 is an unknown quantity at this point

I think I'm going to take two months off checking my progress. Every single thing on the document checklist is listed as required despite being frontloaded. Meds arrived in Sydney a couple of weeks ago. As my "application being processed further" (which I'm told means there is a CO) came up in June, it's doing my head in to see no changes in the status of all the things I've sent.

This process is far less stressful when you don't think about it!
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 10:40 am

username02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really nice

We got our Case Officier (and requests for meds/PCCs) this morning.

Any movement for the rest of the 176'ers (Apart from xzibit who has a CO as well)?
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 11:21 am
Forum Regular

freetobe will become famous soon enough

Got visa today - no case officer straight to visa can't believe it 41/2 months, family sponsored visa applied in May

Old Oct 2nd 2008, 2:50 pm
Forum Regular

Mandi-C will become famous soon enoughMandi-C will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by freetobe
Got visa today - no case officer straight to visa can't believe it 41/2 months, family sponsored visa applied in May

Thats fantastic!!!!!
I assume you frontloaded. This may an argument to get my OH to agree to book the meds and do police checks before we're asked - we applied 11th July.

Mandi
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 3:18 pm
Forum Regular

freetobe will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Mandi-C
Thats fantastic!!!!!
I assume you frontloaded. This may an argument to get my OH to agree to book the meds and do police checks before we're asked - we applied 11th July.

Mandi
Yes frontloaded everything, and applied on the 14 May, got to enter by the 29 May 2009. Looks like we can have christmas there afterall, jsut wish we could sell house now otherwise will rent it out
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 3:24 pm
Forum Regular

snoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by schwuk
We got our Case Officier (and requests for meds/PCCs) this morning.

Any movement for the rest of the 176'ers (Apart from xzibit who has a CO as well)?

Congrats!!!
We have had a c/o since 24thsept...on Paul's Documents it requested a police cert (which the agent SHOULD have sent) and Paul's Dad's birth cert to prove that the sponsoring Uncle in Oz is Paul's Dad's Brother(which in my mind, the agent should have asked us to send when we were submitting!!).....ANYWAY..they are now showing as 'received'....and on MY (lisa's) documents they WERE all MET....2 of which have now changed to 'requested' (police check and evidence of relationship to sponsor!!! WHAT??).

A. WHY is my police check 'requested' when we had them sent over to our agents in June? I can accept that they've made a mistake once with Paul's P/C, but again with mine???

B And why do I need to prove relationship to sponsor? He's Paul's Uncle??

Do you think I should give my agent a 'talking to'....or just go with the flow? Answers on postcards to....Snoo, Snoo Villas, Parp Street.....oh my God!! This is turning me into a nutter, I'm off!!
Lisa,x
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 3:25 pm
Forum Regular

snoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by freetobe

Absolutely fabulous!! Much love and good luck with the NEXT part of the adventure!! Makes it easier thinking that you'll only do one more bloody winter here eh??
Lisa,x
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 3:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really nice

Unbelievable May !!! Cannot believe it......and cannot help but feel a little jealous too.........we are 13.5 months and still waiting - should have waited another month and e-lodged. Hind sight !!!!

Nevertheless, this is fantastic for you. Your new chapter in your life can unfold...
Exciting times !

Nix
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 3:35 pm
Just Joined

andybhoyperth is an unknown quantity at this point

Fellow 176 ers,
Been reading all the posts today, and I'm now even more confused than from when I started. Don't know whether to get excited or not.

I applied online 3rd September 08, sister sponsored and occupation in demand.
Got an automated e-mail a couple of days later saying it was received and to send the outstanding documents on the checklist including medical certificates.
The application fee has been taken and today on the online application query status it says the 'health requirements have been finalised- application being processed further.'
Not heard anything about a case officer etc
Any idea's if this is a good sign, or is it normal, and that's it for 9 months or whatever?
Good luck to all.
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 3:43 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Nix and Mike
Unbelievable May !!! Cannot believe it......and cannot help but feel a little jealous too.........we are 13.5 months and still waiting - should have waited another month and e-lodged. Hind sight !!!!

Nevertheless, this is fantastic for you. Your new chapter in your life can unfold...
Exciting times !

Nix

I thought there was a timescale of 'up to 12months'? Am I wrong in saying that this visa should be processed in this time...as set out by DIAC? What if you had done as we did and had your meds done a month after submitting? I mean, we got a auto-generated mesg from DIAC telling us to get our meds as soon as they received the application!
I take it you have spoken to someone at Immigration?
Lisa,x
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 3:47 pm

username02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really nice

Originally Posted by snoo
Congrats!!!
We have had a c/o since 24thsept...on Paul's Documents it requested a police cert (which the agent SHOULD have sent) and Paul's Dad's birth cert to prove that the sponsoring Uncle in Oz is Paul's Dad's Brother(which in my mind, the agent should have asked us to send when we were submitting!!).....ANYWAY..they are now showing as 'received'....and on MY (lisa's) documents they WERE all MET....2 of which have now changed to 'requested' (police check and evidence of relationship to sponsor!!! WHAT??).

A. WHY is my police check 'requested' when we had them sent over to our agents in June? I can accept that they've made a mistake once with Paul's P/C, but again with mine???

B And why do I need to prove relationship to sponsor? He's Paul's Uncle??
Very strange. I would talk to your agent.

We're being sponsored by my wife's sister, but I (as the main applicant) had to prove the relationship (family tree, birth and wedding certifcates), while my wife didn't (but she did have prove change of name). All of our docs (apart from the requested meds and police checks) were changed to met when we got our CO.

Has your CO requested the docs off you/your agent, or are you going on the status page? Apparently that's not always reliable (e.g. people who have been granted visas still have docs showing "requested").

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.