176 Family Sponsored Visa Circle

Old Sep 13th 2008, 11:11 am
Forum Regular

snoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant future
Default Re: 176 Family Sponsored Visa Circle

Originally Posted by maroonedNZ
Just to let you know, I am the March 2008 visa grant - and the reason I got the visa so fast is that I am already onshore. Offshore 176s have a DIAC Client Charter turnaround of 12 months, onshore are 6 months.
Hi M,

Where did you get the info that a 176 has 12month turnaround? I'm just about to play holyhell with my agent if so...

A. Initially she told us 4months before a c/o would be allocated...then changed this to 6months.
B. We were asked to have our meds done asap...so had them done in May.

12 months is ridiculous!!
Old Sep 13th 2008, 12:14 pm

username02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really nice

Originally Posted by snoo
Where did you get the info that a 176 has 12month turnaround?
Right here:

http://www.immi.gov.au/about/charter.../visas/8.0.htm

GSM (that's us) outside Australia: 12 months for low risk countries, 15 months for high rish countries.

Bear in mind that's their maximum acceptable time for turnaround, not an estimate.
Old Sep 13th 2008, 2:46 pm
Forum Regular

snoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant future

Bugg*r!!

I don't really know what I'm stressing for (apart from the fact that we've done our meds!! But if it's there in black and white then I think I could take issue with my agent for telling us to have them done so soon!!!) but we still have the flipping house to sell!! Plus my OH has been offered a job in Shanghai on a 12month contract. So really there's no rush for us to get the visa.........but it's still naff for everyone else!!

Oh well....we can keep each other's spirits up! Guess what I'VE done today then? Well we've helped a young Dad get his car out of a muddy ditch (whilst other people were walking or driving past just looking at him!) and we've had a 'releasing ceremony' for a poorly pigeon that we found last week! We took him to our vet (he was sat at the side of the road with an injured leg, not able to walk or fly) and looked after him until today when he was much better. It was heartwarming to see him fly off with the other pigeons in the field! So I hope Karma has been listening to us and we get some of the kindness back (a house sale and 4 visas would be very nice please!!). Ha Ha!

I'm sending some good luck wishes to you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lisa,xx
Old Sep 13th 2008, 3:54 pm
JAK
BE Enthusiast

JAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud of

Hi M,

Where did you get the info that a 176 has 12month turnaround? I'm just about to play holyhell with my agent if so...

A. Initially she told us 4months before a c/o would be allocated...then changed this to 6months.
B. We were asked to have our meds done asap...so had them done in May.

12 months is ridiculous!!
When we submitted our visa application in June, our agent told us that it would be 4 to 5 months before our application was looked at so to wait a few months before having our medicals. After seeing that Visas were being granted to April applicants we had our medicals done on 5 September. The following Monday we received an email from our agent telling us to book our medicals and get police checks if we had not already done so. So we have obviously had them done at the right time.
Old Sep 13th 2008, 4:50 pm
Forum Regular

The Randalls will become famous soon enough

Hi All

Just thought id give our details for info..
176 family sponsored acknowledged on 08/12/07.(online)
c/o at end of july 08.
more info needed
VISA GRANTED 1st sept..
Took nine months in total,seemed like forever..
But worth the wait. Good luck to all
Old Sep 13th 2008, 6:23 pm
Forum Regular

freetobe will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by schwuk
Right here:

GSM (that's us) outside Australia: 12 months for low risk countries, 15 months for high rish countries.

Bear in mind that's their maximum acceptable time for turnaround, not an estimate.
We were advised by our agent that the 176 visa class is a 6 to 9 month wait not 12 months, so I am banking on knowing something by Feb the latest but the sooner the better.
Old Sep 13th 2008, 10:29 pm
Forum Regular

lucierainbow is just really nicelucierainbow is just really nicelucierainbow is just really nicelucierainbow is just really nicelucierainbow is just really nicelucierainbow is just really nicelucierainbow is just really nicelucierainbow is just really nice

hi. i'd like to join too. Not finished my online application yet as im waiting for my son's 1st passport to come thru. Being sponsored by my parents. Hoping to complete online application within the next 3 weeks.
Old Sep 14th 2008, 3:36 am
Forum Regular

lovelyshine is a jewel in the roughlovelyshine is a jewel in the roughlovelyshine is a jewel in the roughlovelyshine is a jewel in the roughlovelyshine is a jewel in the rough

Congratulations, The Randalls!
Old Sep 14th 2008, 3:21 pm
Forum Regular

Lanners has much to be proud ofLanners has much to be proud ofLanners has much to be proud ofLanners has much to be proud ofLanners has much to be proud ofLanners has much to be proud ofLanners has much to be proud ofLanners has much to be proud ofLanners has much to be proud ofLanners has much to be proud ofLanners has much to be proud of

Hi can we join your gang as well?

We applied on 1st March on a 176 brother sponsored visa and are still waiting for a case officer.

It is really demoralising when you see people who applied after you getting case officers and then visa grants. But my heart really goes out to all those still waiting from Nov / Dec / Jan and Feb.

Hopefully the wait will be worth it and we will get that illusive case officer soon.

Sarah
Old Sep 14th 2008, 3:51 pm
Just Joined

niamhbrowne is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I am wondering if anyone can help us. My partner and I are hoping to apply for a 176 sponsered visa (my sister is a citz) but we feel we are going round in circles with the information we are reading on the site. We want to get it right first time. We are trying to do it on our own as we are in Brazil. Has anyone done this or do you suggest hiring a migrate officer? Also, Do i have to get my sister to fill out her part of the form before we do anything or does it all get sent off together? Any advice on getting skills assessed. My partner has to get his skills assesed with the CPA but he first has to get them translated as his degree was done in Brazil. I have one million questions so any help would be appreciated. Did someone aslo say if you are onshore you get accepted quicker? We just want to move as soon as possible to start our new life.
Many thanks
Old Sep 14th 2008, 4:07 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Guys,

Got to tell you...I'm REALLY not impressed with my agents!!
I've raised the '12month' issue with them........and yes they have now admitted that 176 'tends' to take 12months...not 'could' take, but 'tends' to take!!
I'm not a happy bunny! Our meds run out in May (submitted April) and we were requested to send them by agent! She also advised us that a c/o would prob be assigned after 4 months initially, then changed it to 6 months!
Lisa
Old Sep 14th 2008, 5:15 pm
Forum Regular

freetobe will become famous soon enough

Hi Guys,

Got to tell you...I'm REALLY not impressed with my agents!!
I've raised the '12month' issue with them........and yes they have now admitted that 176 'tends' to take 12months...not 'could' take, but 'tends' to take!!
I'm not a happy bunny! Our meds run out in May (submitted April) and we were requested to send them by agent! She also advised us that a c/o would prob be assigned after 4 months initially, then changed it to 6 months!
Lisa
We are in the same boat, our application was submitted in May and the agent told us to get our meds and PCC done, which we have and she told us not to put house on Market yet until we have visa, but our meds and PCC will expire in May which does not leave much time to sell house and move, when visa is granted. I just wish it would all just hurry up and hope for the best.
Old Sep 14th 2008, 7:46 pm
Forum Regular

chasmw is a jewel in the roughchasmw is a jewel in the roughchasmw is a jewel in the roughchasmw is a jewel in the roughchasmw is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by schwuk
Right here:

Hi,
We're a 176 applicant (Wife's uncle) and this thread is a great idea. Our timeline is below. We haven't frontloaded our meds or PCC, although the house is for sale.

The thing I'd like to add to the mix about this discussion about 176's having a 12 month turnaround, is that the link above also states that 175's are also subject to the 12 months. On the April thread I'm on, there are 175 applicants with COs and grants. Obviously there are other factors that influence these, but hopefully it's not all doom and gloom. However, because I'm non-MODL and haven't FL'd, a cloud has drifted over me slightly!!! I've got a telephone interview with an Australian company tomorrow as well....maybe I was a bit premature with that one!
Old Sep 14th 2008, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

murf80 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Murf.....can I ask you where you got the info that 'processed further' means you've got a CO? I don't want o burst your bubble, but I think the reason why you haven't heard anything is because actually 'processed further' just means that you've sumitted your documents.
Now....what I really want is for someone to disagree with me...because mine too says 'processed further' and has done for 3 months!

Lisa,xx
Hey Snoo,

I was told that on the March thread. Although I phoned DIAC to ask if I had a CO and was told no - so don't worry, bubble is already burst! There are a lot of people on March thread saying they've got CO's, though whether that's definite contact or just going by the 'processed further' method I don't know.

As for more recent comments on how long it takes, I was initially told by an agent that nine months was a good estimate (I'm not with an agent, didn't see the need as it's just me and quite straightforward). In that case, hoping to get some good news around Christmas!

One thing that's been bugging me and people on this thread may be able to help with. I'm sure I've seen it written that for a 176 you need to score 100 points, rather than 120 for other pro skilled. Something to do with the fact a relative is sponsoring you therefore more of a guarantee than an employer - can anyone shed any light?
Old Sep 14th 2008, 8:38 pm

username02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really nice

Welcome to everyone who's joined the thread, congratulations to those who already have their visas, and good luck to those still waiting.

Originally Posted by chasmw
The thing I'd like to add to the mix about this discussion about 176's having a 12 month turnaround, is that the link above also states that 175's are also subject to the 12 months. On the April thread I'm on, there are 175 applicants with COs and grants. Obviously there are other factors that influence these, but hopefully it's not all doom and gloom. However, because I'm non-MODL and haven't FL'd, a cloud has drifted over me slightly!!! I've got a telephone interview with an Australian company tomorrow as well....maybe I was a bit premature with that one!
175's definitely seem to be moving quicker than 176's at the moment, but MODL doesn't seem to make that much difference. The main reason I started this thread as family sponsored is that there does seem to be a difference between state and family processing times. Frontloading does seem to push you higher up the list, but it's no guarantee.

Good luck with the interview!

Originally Posted by murf80
I was told that on the March thread. Although I phoned DIAC to ask if I had a CO and was told no - so don't worry, bubble is already burst! There are a lot of people on March thread saying they've got CO's, though whether that's definite contact or just going by the 'processed further' method I don't know.
I think that most of the people with CO's are definite contacts, but you can't always tell.

As for more recent comments on how long it takes, I was initially told by an agent that nine months was a good estimate (I'm not with an agent, didn't see the need as it's just me and quite straightforward). In that case, hoping to get some good news around Christmas!
I've always been think that it's going to take six to nine months, based on all the timelines I've looked at since we first started this process.

One thing that's been bugging me and people on this thread may be able to help with. I'm sure I've seen it written that for a 176 you need to score 100 points, rather than 120 for other pro skilled. Something to do with the fact a relative is sponsoring you therefore more of a guarantee than an employer - can anyone shed any light?
100 points for a 176 is absolutely right, but it's the same amount whether you are state or relative sponsored. The other main difference is that you have a right to appeal with a 176, but not with a 175.

We actually had more than enough points for a 175 but felt the 176 was safer, especially as we had a willing sponsor.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.