176 Family Sponsored Visa Circle

Old Sep 12th 2008, 8:57 am

username02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really nice
Default 176 Family Sponsored Visa Circle

Since there's already a spouse visa circle, date order seems to have very little bearing on processing at the moment, and BEUpdate can be as frustrating as it is useful, I thought I'd see who else is waiting for their 176 family sponsored visa.

We applied May 2008, but we haven't done our meds or police checks yet.

So, anyone want to join in?
Old Sep 12th 2008, 9:22 am
Just Joined

bailey2008 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 176 Family Sponsored Visa Circle

Hi,

We applied for a family sponsored 176 visa as follows

Visa sent in (paper based) 14th December 2007
Visa acknowledged 14th January 2008
Meds sent March 2008
Police Checks sent April 2008

We sold our house in May and are in rented with most of our stuff in storage with shipping company. Waiting and ready to go.

There has been four 176 paperbased visa granted in last four weeks, one applied in March 2008 and three in April 2008. There are 176 online applications being granted for Feb/March/April and May this year.

Very frustrating seeing people way ahead being granted so I have posted complaint off to ASPC, the immigration complaints department and also to the Minister for Immigration. We will have to wait and see what happens.

Off to Florida for two weeks at end of this month to get way from it all, Visa better be with us when we return!!

Good Luck
Old Sep 12th 2008, 9:55 am
BE Forum Addict

xzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of light

I applied for my 176 visa online 14th May 2008.

Haven't done meds or PCC's yet, will await instruction from CO for that.

In no hurry, can't leave till at least March 2009 anyway.
Old Sep 12th 2008, 11:42 am
Forum Regular

TandC23 has a brilliant futureTandC23 has a brilliant futureTandC23 has a brilliant futureTandC23 has a brilliant futureTandC23 has a brilliant futureTandC23 has a brilliant future

I applied for a 176 family sponsored visa (Auntie) 22nd June, so thought I would subscribe to the thread!
Thinking about doing meds and pccs end of september but may wait till asked.
We are going on a reccie trip for a month in December so that will take our minds off the waiting!!
Old Sep 12th 2008, 12:08 pm
aka Mrs Stressalot

jasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nice

Come on then - I'll join u guys

Visa went in Feb and got CO Aug (frontloaded meds and pcc's) but aaaargggggggggghhhhhhh more info required... so sent that in and back to the wait again.

Someone tell me a joke or something to get my mind off the waiting

Good luck all of you
Old Sep 12th 2008, 12:28 pm
Forum Regular

mb_jg is just really nicemb_jg is just really nicemb_jg is just really nicemb_jg is just really nicemb_jg is just really nicemb_jg is just really nicemb_jg is just really nicemb_jg is just really nice

We sent our 176 (brother sponsored) final appl to ASPC on 20th March 2008. After that we have added our baby's name which got updated recently. Unfortunately our agent has no clue when we would get our CO & they have also asked us not to do our medicals or PCC until actually requested. We are hoping to get out by Feb 2009.
The wait is just too much to face on a daily basis, maybe that's what makes the visa sooooo special when it is actually granted. You know for sure that a good thing has come your way!!
Here's wishing me & everyone else an uneventful grant & a prosperous life down under.
Old Sep 12th 2008, 12:37 pm
Forum Regular

murf80 is an unknown quantity at this point

I applied online in March '08 and have seen others on the March thread get visas granted (I think a couple were 176).

My status has updated to "application being processed further", which I'm told means I have a CO even though I've not heard anything. All front loaded apart from Meds and police check, which were undertaken last week so hopefully on their way.
Old Sep 12th 2008, 1:14 pm
JAK
BE Enthusiast

JAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud of

Hi everyone

We applied in June, our timeline is below. My aunt is sponsoring us. We got our medicals done last Friday but still got police checks to do. We had an email from our agent on Monday telling us to get medicals and police checks done if not already done so. So hopefully they also think things are moving along a bit quicker now. It certainly looks good with a May applicant with Visa and June applicant with CO.
Old Sep 12th 2008, 6:09 pm
Forum Regular

Angelica666 is just really niceAngelica666 is just really niceAngelica666 is just really niceAngelica666 is just really niceAngelica666 is just really niceAngelica666 is just really niceAngelica666 is just really niceAngelica666 is just really nice

Hello Everyone

We are using an Agent (Thinking Australia), going over on a 176 Visa, Our application was rec'd in there office on the 31st March (paper application), Just wish we had a case officer- LIKE NOW ha ha ha ha, looking forward to our new life in Sydney :-),
All good things come to those who wait!!!!, (thats what I keep telling myself)

Angelica X
Old Sep 12th 2008, 6:20 pm
Forum Regular

snoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by murf80
I applied online in March '08 and have seen others on the March thread get visas granted (I think a couple were 176).

My status has updated to "application being processed further", which I'm told means I have a CO even though I've not heard anything. All front loaded apart from Meds and police check, which were undertaken last week so hopefully on their way.
Hi Murf.....can I ask you where you got the info that 'processed further' means you've got a CO? I don't want o burst your bubble, but I think the reason why you haven't heard anything is because actually 'processed further' just means that you've sumitted your documents.
Now....what I really want is for someone to disagree with me...because mine too says 'processed further' and has done for 3 months!

I too am a 176 fam sponsored! Submitted April 24th. Meds and P/c's done May 22nd!

Lisa,xx
Old Sep 12th 2008, 8:20 pm

username02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really nice

Originally Posted by snoo
Now....what I really want is for someone to disagree with me...because mine too says 'processed further' and has done for 3 months!
Sorry but I think you're right. I remember twinsmom65 (the first May '08 grantee - she's on a 176, but state sponsored) getting very excited when her application changed to "processing further" after only a few days, but after she rang ASPC they confirmed she didn't have a CO.

However on the other hand it's the main way to tell if you have a CO (apart from getting an e-mail from them!).

I think that if it happened recently you probably have a CO. If it happened a while ago or after you sent documents in, you probably don't.
Old Sep 12th 2008, 9:38 pm
Just Joined

bailey2008 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Angelica666
Hello Everyone

We are using an Agent (Thinking Australia), going over on a 176 Visa, Our application was rec'd in there office on the 31st March (paper application), Just wish we had a case officer- LIKE NOW ha ha ha ha, looking forward to our new life in Sydney :-),
All good things come to those who wait!!!!, (thats what I keep telling myself)

Angelica X
Hi Angelica,

We are also with Thinking Australia on a 176 family sponsored (paper based).

Who is dealing with your application at TA. How are you finding them.

We submitted 14th December 2007. Still waiting for Case Officer.
Old Sep 13th 2008, 3:36 am
BE Enthusiast

maroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nice

Originally Posted by bailey2008
Hi,

We applied for a family sponsored 176 visa as follows

Visa sent in (paper based) 14th December 2007
Visa acknowledged 14th January 2008
Meds sent March 2008
Police Checks sent April 2008

We sold our house in May and are in rented with most of our stuff in storage with shipping company. Waiting and ready to go.

There has been four 176 paperbased visa granted in last four weeks, one applied in March 2008 and three in April 2008. There are 176 online applications being granted for Feb/March/April and May this year.

Very frustrating seeing people way ahead being granted so I have posted complaint off to ASPC, the immigration complaints department and also to the Minister for Immigration. We will have to wait and see what happens.

Off to Florida for two weeks at end of this month to get way from it all, Visa better be with us when we return!!

Good Luck
Just to let you know, I am the March 2008 visa grant - and the reason I got the visa so fast is that I am already onshore. Offshore 176s have a DIAC Client Charter turnaround of 12 months, onshore are 6 months.
Old Sep 13th 2008, 3:39 am
BE Enthusiast

maroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nice

Originally Posted by murf80

If you frontloaded you more than likely will never hear anything, if the CO has everything they need they don't contact you - you just go straight to visa grant.
Old Sep 13th 2008, 10:52 am
Forum Regular

freetobe will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by xzibit
I applied for my 176 visa online 14th May 2008.

Haven't done meds or PCC's yet, will await instruction from CO for that.

In no hurry, can't leave till at least March 2009 anyway.
Hi we are May applicants as well, on a 176 sister sponsored visa. We front loaded all meds and police clearances, so now just waiting and hope we will get news soon, want to be there by Christmas, spend time with the family. Skill is also on MODL list so hoping it will be soon like Twinsmom65. Holding thumbs.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.