176 Family Sponsored Visa Circle

Old Sep 14th 2008, 9:05 pm
Forum Regular

murf80 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 176 Family Sponsored Visa Circle

Thanks for the points clarification Schwuk. I was dreading getting all the way through and them saying "sorry, you're five points short."

I'll save the phonecall to DIAC to check on the CO as well, if "processing" doesn't mean anything. Had my medical last week so they should be sent off, and I've uploaded everything else. I'm hoping mine will be one where I'll go straight to grant without having to hear anything.

In general, my view has been to expect it to take ages then if it happens by Christmas it'll be a bonus. As the guy on the Bourne Ultimatum, which I'm watching, just said - "hope for the best, plan for the worst."
Old Sep 14th 2008, 9:17 pm

username02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really nice

Originally Posted by murf80
In general, my view has been to expect it to take ages then if it happens by Christmas it'll be a bonus.
I'm taking the same approach.

As the guy on the Bourne Ultimatum, which I'm watching, just said - "hope for the best, plan for the worst."
Cracking movie!
Old Sep 15th 2008, 8:01 am
Forum Regular

snoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant future

l

In general, my view has been to expect it to take ages then if it happens by Christmas it'll be a bonus. As the guy on the Bourne Ultimatum, which I'm watching, just said - "hope for the best, plan for the worst."

I agree with your comments there Murf....but if our agent had told us 'it tends to take 12months' in the first place, then we would have just got on with our lives for a while, maybe done our meds 4months after and taken it easy! But to be told to expect a c/o in around 4months is just misleading! And I do think that as our agents thay should have advised us not to do the meds straight away! I'm really annoyed with them for this mis-information...particularly as we have 2 dogs to sort out 'visas' for (which includes all sorts of tests and having to book quarenteen and flights for them...we've been advised by people on BE that we should book quarenteen 5months in advance...but obviously if (god forbid) we end up as one of the unfortunates who wait the 12months for the grant then we'll only have 4 WKS to sort things out!
I'm a bit miffed!
Lisa,x
Old Sep 15th 2008, 8:32 am

username02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really nice

Originally Posted by snoo
...but obviously if (god forbid) we end up as one of the unfortunates who wait the 12months for the grant then we'll only have 4 WKS to sort things out!
Why will you only have four weeks?

Last edited by username02; Sep 15th 2008 at 8:34 am.
Old Sep 15th 2008, 8:37 am
BE Forum Addict

xzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of light

I think it's pretty much luck with regards to how long it'll take.

I know people that applied online in December 2007 that are still waiting for a CO, but some May applicants are having visas granted.

I originally wanted to be over for xmas. But then I took on a rental for 6 months, (as visas weren't moving quickly a month or so back) so can't really go until that ends in March. So I hope I don't have mine granted until December time, as otherwise I'll be a little annoyed.
Old Sep 15th 2008, 8:51 am
Forum Regular

snoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by schwuk
Why will you only have four weeks?
Hi Schwuk,

Well we submitted in april, meds in may. So if (again..god forbid!) We have to wait til april to see if we have been accepted then it'll only be 4 wks til meds expire! I suppose we could presume that we won't be rejected and make arrangements, but obviously we have taken our agents advice as correct and have planned for a Jan arrival!
Oh well, it's just something else sent to test us I suppose! And I'm prob stressing at nothing, we could have our visa by Nov if we are as lucky as some people.....but knowing our luck it will be all of the 12months to wait!!(The house has been on the market TWO and a HALF YEARS!! Lots of interst, no one in possition to buy!!).
Old Sep 15th 2008, 9:33 am

Well we submitted in april, meds in may.
Since you've frontloaded I don't think you'll have a problem. Going by BEUpdate you should be hearing something within the next month or so.

This is why we've held off with our meds though...

The house has been on the market TWO and a HALF YEARS!! Lots of interst, no one in possition to buy!!.
Getting rid of the house seems to be harder for most people than getting the visa! Have you got a plan B if it doesn't sell?
Old Sep 15th 2008, 9:47 am
Forum Regular

Since you've frontloaded I don't think you'll have a problem. Going by BEUpdate you should be hearing something within the next month or so.

Getting rid of the house seems to be harder for most people than getting the visa! Have you got a plan B if it doesn't sell?

Thanks Schwuk, do you really think so though? Does it really make a difference if you front load? God I hope so!!

On the house front....well my husband, Paul, has been offered a job in Shanghai...so it'll just be myself and our Daughter, Maddy, here (Son, Lloyd, just gone off to Uni about 10mins ago)....so maybe it would be wise to drop the house price (again!)...but we're already 'giving' it away at the price it's at now so whether that'll make a differece I don't think so! I suppose plan 'b' would be to rent it out...not ideal but what else can we do? We had LOADS of probs when we rented out our villa in Paphos.

Anyway, thanks for the email Schwuk and lets keep our fingers crossed for each other!! XX
Old Sep 15th 2008, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by xzibit
I think it's pretty much luck with regards to how long it'll take.

I know people that applied online in December 2007 that are still waiting for a CO, but some May applicants are having visas granted.
This is what makes it so hard. I submitted everything I could up front, apart from meds and police check. I knew it wouldn't move straight away so wanted to give myself a bit of leeway with the 12 months expiration. When I saw others on the March thread having some joy, that's when I did it (first week in Sept). I reckon now it could take anywhere from October to about March to hear something, although judging by others I'm expecting the earlier end of that range.

I read a lot of people on here struggling to sell their house and that's one thing I'm grateful for in that I don't have such ties. Renting in a houseshare with one month's notice required, one month's notice on my job I'm lucky to have a straightforward escape when (if?!) it does come through.

It is frustrating, but I'm a great believer that things always work out in the end so don't let it get you down!
Old Sep 19th 2008, 8:14 am

Question Re: 176 Family Sponsored Visa Circle

So, any progress for us 176'ers? Nothing happening here, but there are quite a few May-BE's with with CO's now, but they're all 175's.

Not much movement according to BEUpdate either...
Old Sep 19th 2008, 9:03 am
Forum Regular

chasmw is a jewel in the roughchasmw is a jewel in the roughchasmw is a jewel in the roughchasmw is a jewel in the roughchasmw is a jewel in the rough

So, any progress for us 176'ers? Nothing happening here, but there are quite a few May-BE's with with CO's now, but they're all 175's.

Not much movement according to BEUpdate either...
I'm an April applicant and have now got a CO.
Old Sep 19th 2008, 9:43 am
Forum Regular

Bag End Bunch has a brilliant futureBag End Bunch has a brilliant futureBag End Bunch has a brilliant futureBag End Bunch has a brilliant futureBag End Bunch has a brilliant futureBag End Bunch has a brilliant future

Hi

I'm a November applicant (paper based ) and I have heard absolutely nothing

Alex
Old Sep 19th 2008, 9:48 pm
Forum Regular

RobertC is a jewel in the roughRobertC is a jewel in the roughRobertC is a jewel in the roughRobertC is a jewel in the roughRobertC is a jewel in the rough

Just joining in

I'm an April '08 176 sponsored by my sister in Brisbane, I had 125 points with MODL but thought that the 176 would process faster or not run out of its allocation at some point and stop processing (wrong choice it seems )

I went through an ACS group B in Feb/March and submitted online on 15th April, since then nothing has changed at all, we've just been sitting in one of the queues for 5 months

Meds and police checks were front loaded in June and we're really hoping to be on our way in Feb/March '09. I really hope we're not still waiting past December for the visa grant.
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 3:52 pm
Forum Regular

Since this is down on page 8 or something, thought I'd give it a bump up and also ask a question - I've seen people talking about a form 80 (think it's to do with police check?). I'll look it up on the site when I can but is this something everyone has to fill in?
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 5:19 pm

I've seen people talking about a form 80 (think it's to do with police check?). I'll look it up on the site when I can but is this something everyone has to fill in?
Form 80 is a character assessment - personal details, previous addresses, employment, countries visited, inside leg measurement etc.

Whether you need one or not will depend entirely on whether you've already completed it, multiplied by how long it will take you to fill in if you haven't already done so. In other words, some people get asked for it, some send it whether they've been asked or not, and some never get asked for it - it's purely down to your CO and what sort of day they've had.

My advice: have a look at the form (see the link above), make sure you've got all the information required in case you're asked for it, and wait to see if you are. If you get bored waiting you can always fill it in...

For the record I've collected most of the information for mine, but haven't bothered filling it in yet.

Last edited by username02; Sep 23rd 2008 at 5:22 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.