British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   176 family sponsored skilled visa info (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/176-family-sponsored-skilled-visa-info-728853/)

raven Aug 17th 2011 12:06 am

176 family sponsored skilled visa info

Would really appreciate it if someone could tell us how much longer my sister and her family will have to wait to hear something from aus immigration. Sent her application off 2 and a half years ago and has heard nothing since!. She is becoming very fed up with the situation and would really like some answers
regards Raven

mrsgreenstar76 Aug 17th 2011 12:21 am

Re: 176 family sponsored skilled visa info

Originally Posted by raven (Post 9563419)
Would really appreciate it if someone could tell us how much longer my sister and her family will have to wait to hear something from aus immigration. Sent her application off 2 and a half years ago and has heard nothing since!. She is becoming very fed up with the situation and would really like some answers
regards Raven

I know it's frustrating, and not what you want to hear, but it really is a 'how long is a piece of string?' question. I'm in the same boat. January 2009 family sponsored applicant for a 475. I assume she's priority 5, correct? All I know is what they told us in the e-mail that we received in July after the recent changes came into effect.

Taking into consideration current application rates and the overall number of GSM places available the department expects to commence processing of some priority group 5 applications in this program year.
I haven't seen anything else that gives more specific information.

All I can really suggest is keeping an eye on the allocation dates on this page. I hope she hears something soon. :fingerscrossed:

raven Aug 17th 2011 5:02 am

Originally Posted by mrsgreenstar76 (Post 9563450)
I know it's frustrating, and not what you want to hear, but it really is a 'how long is a piece of string?' question. I'm in the same boat. January 2009 family sponsored applicant for a 475. I assume she's priority 5, correct? All I know is what they told us in the e-mail that we received in July after the recent changes came into effect.

All I can really suggest is keeping an eye on the allocation dates on this page. I hope she hears something soon. :fingerscrossed:

Thank you

FlyingPicketts Aug 17th 2011 5:19 am

Hi, my brother-in-law and his family applied at the end of July 2010 family sponsored 176 and got their visas three weeks ago. Something might be wrong.... maybe an e-mail to DIAC?
Hope she hears something soon.

alborz114 Aug 17th 2011 8:45 am

Hi,

We applied in 2008 and still waiting even though we got the CO last year.
Have no choice but wait I am afraid.

Good luck.

mrsgreenstar76 Aug 17th 2011 11:23 am

Originally Posted by FlyingPicketts (Post 9563800)
Hi, my brother-in-law and his family applied at the end of July 2010 family sponsored 176 and got their visas three weeks ago. Something might be wrong.... maybe an e-mail to DIAC?
Hope she hears something soon.

It depends what priority they were. Which SOL they were on, etc. I'd say your brother-in-law's faster grant is more of an anomaly. Is your brother-in-law's occupation on schedule 1? If they were in (the now) priority 4 (old priority 3), then DIAC are up to 26th August 2010 for allocations. So it really would depend on the circumstances.

raven Aug 21st 2011 10:38 pm

Originally Posted by mrsgreenstar76 (Post 9563450)

Spoke to her yesterday she is category 5 so I think maybe 2012?

mrsgreenstar76 Aug 21st 2011 10:48 pm

Originally Posted by raven (Post 9573467)
Spoke to her yesterday she is category 5 so I think maybe 2012?

I don't know, sorry. They're looking at starting some of the P5s this year, but I have no idea how many & how long it'll take. I know it's frustrating, but the best bet is just to keep an eye on the allocation dates.