British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   176 application-wife got a job offer (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/176-application-wife-got-job-offer-587657/)

helsch Jan 28th 2009 2:55 pm

176 application-wife got a job offer

Hi all,
We submitted a 176 state sponsored application in early january 09 (I am the main applicant). Since then my wife got a job offer. She signed the contract but one of the conditions is that we get our visa granted by July.
Does anyone know if this could help speeding up our application? should we forward the contract to DIAC?
Any adviced appreciated..

helsch

Wjuicypeach Jan 28th 2009 5:08 pm

Re: 176 application-wife got a job offer

Originally Posted by helsch (Post 7221988)
Hi all,
We submitted a 176 state sponsored application in early january 09 (I am the main applicant). Since then my wife got a job offer. She signed the contract but one of the conditions is that we get our visa granted by July.
Does anyone know if this could help speeding up our application? should we forward the contract to DIAC?

helsch

Is your wife on the CSL?

Wjuicypeach Jan 28th 2009 5:12 pm

Hi all,

helsch

To be totally honest I dont think this would speed up the application as you are the main applicant. I am sure it would if it had been yourself with the job offer. I would still contact DIAC for advice.

Wjuicypeach Jan 28th 2009 5:14 pm

Hi all,

helsch

However, depending on your occupation, you could have your visa by July without wifes contract. Can I ask what you do?

helsch Jan 28th 2009 5:23 pm

Thanks for your post. Wife not on the CSL. My occupation is chemist (as in lab chemist). I hope to have a CO by 13th of February anyway, as I am state sponsored.
Why do you think my occupation should matter?

Wjuicypeach Jan 28th 2009 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by helsch (Post 7222409)
Thanks for your post. Wife not on the CSL. My occupation is chemist (as in lab chemist). I hope to have a CO by 13th of February anyway, as I am state sponsored.
Why do you think my occupation should matter?

Your occupation is more important as you are the main applicant.
I assume you are on the CSL?
If so I def think you will be sorted for July.
Still send the DIAC an email about your wifes contract, it may help but I am doubtful. Goodluck.

helsch Jan 28th 2009 5:44 pm

chemist not on the CSL list. Hope we'll still be OK though

Wjuicypeach Jan 28th 2009 6:01 pm

Yeah you should be fine! Keep my fingers crossed for you both!

George Lombard Jan 28th 2009 6:24 pm

Originally Posted by Wjuicypeach (Post 7222542)
Yeah you should be fine! Keep my fingers crossed for you both!

Dear Helsch,

There may be other job offers but if you're determined to get this one then you'd need to seek state sponsorship for whichever of you has been skills assessed. In most cases genuine job offers are totally ignored by case officers, unfortunately.

Cheers,

George Lombard

helsch Jan 28th 2009 6:41 pm

Thanks George. We've already lodged our application: 176 sponsored by Victoria. I'm the main applicant. My wife got offered a government job, so DIAC might not ignore it.

George Lombard Jan 29th 2009 3:36 am

Originally Posted by helsch (Post 7222716)
Thanks George. We've already lodged our application: 176 sponsored by Victoria. I'm the main applicant. My wife got offered a government job, so DIAC might not ignore it.

Dear Helsch,

Can't see why a government job would make any difference, sorry. I have seen university lecturing positions in occupations of key economic significance ignored. Governments can sponsor for the 457 visa like any other employer here.

Cheers,

George Lombard

JAJ Jan 29th 2009 4:28 am

Originally Posted by George Lombard (Post 7224226)
Dear Helsch,

Can't see why a government job would make any difference, sorry. I have seen university lecturing positions in occupations of key economic significance ignored. Governments can sponsor for the 457 visa like any other employer here.

Isn't there the option of a fee-free ENS application for those with a valid 175/176 application? But I thought that state-sponsored applicants were at or near the top of the priority processing queue anyway.

helsch Jan 29th 2009 7:54 am

Thanks for your answers guys. JAJ, by ENS you mean Subclass 121/856?
We should be on top of the list with our 176, but better be safe than sorry.
Helsch

George Lombard Jan 29th 2009 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by JAJ (Post 7224306)
Isn't there the option of a fee-free ENS application for those with a valid 175/176 application? But I thought that state-sponsored applicants were at or near the top of the priority processing queue anyway.

Hi Jeremy,

Actually I'm just talking to a Business Centre about the deemed ENS application provisions, they are hardly ever used, but I think the problem with that here would be that Helsch's partner doesn't have a skills assessment.

Cheers,

George Lombard

helsch Jan 29th 2009 5:58 pm

Do you guys know where I could find more info on that? I checked the DIAC site but can find anything. May be worthwhile for my wife to get a skill assessment.
cheers
Helsch