176 - 2yr commitment start date?

Old Jun 20th 2010, 9:03 am
BE Enthusiast

wilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 176 - 2yr commitment start date?

[QUOTE=wilson01;8643915]I understand exactly where you are coming from as it is very confusing, but unfortunately do not know the answer. Until you actually email WA and receive clarification from them you won't know for sure. Good Luck

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts View Post
Well granted I am a little impatient today; it can be frustrating to see somebody get the answers from more than one person but continue to ask the question. QUOTE]

Bermuda, may I suggest that when you feel like this, you refrain from answering - it is really unfair to the OP, who actually does have a point and was trying to get clarification about this
I didn't say that! I made a suggestion that when she was feeling "a little impatient"
Old Jun 20th 2010, 10:04 am
BE Enthusiast

jovipk is on a distinguished road

Hi all,

In the process of setteling down in the state within 2 years, what if Secondery applicant and child wants to go back to home country before completion of this tenure. While Primary applicant remains their for 2 years.

Will this create any hinderance in this process?

Thx!
Old Jun 20th 2010, 10:12 am
HMP Queensland

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jovipk View Post
Hi all,

In the process of setteling down in the state within 2 years, what if Secondery applicant and child wants to go back to home country before completion of this tenure. While Primary applicant remains their for 2 years.

Will this create any hinderance in this process?

Thx!
No.
Old Jun 20th 2010, 7:39 pm
YES!! Sold sign!!!!!

rahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of light
Unhappy Re: 176 - 2yr commitment start date?

Tell you what guys - I am SO glad that when I was asking what were considered Basic sort of questions, that the culture of BE was a lot more understanding and tolerant of those 'not' in the know.
I have noticed a RECENT distinct culture of barbed, sarcastic comments these days, that ooze 'oh not another immigration question' - I realise that there are frustrations and irritations of some who post on here but it seems to me that ALL those are regarded with the same 'OMG - not another one' culture (often fuelled by the same person, who others collude with).
I was hoping to offer some of what I had learnt to others (as I have been really grateful for all the cracking support and info I have had from BE) to those who were in the position of needing to know. Now I am not sure I want to be around this crap!
BUT for me it now feels cliquey and secular and no longer the friendly forum, where those who were confused and in need of enlightenment could ask a simple questions! What is happening to BE? - I not sure but it needs to stop!!
Old Jun 20th 2010, 11:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rahrah View Post
Tell you what guys - I am SO glad that when I was asking what were considered Basic sort of questions, that the culture of BE was a lot more understanding and tolerant of those 'not' in the know.
I have noticed a RECENT distinct culture of barbed, sarcastic comments these days, that ooze 'oh not another immigration question' - I realise that there are frustrations and irritations of some who post on here but it seems to me that ALL those are regarded with the same 'OMG - not another one' culture (often fuelled by the same person, who others collude with).
I was hoping to offer some of what I had learnt to others (as I have been really grateful for all the cracking support and info I have had from BE) to those who were in the position of needing to know. Now I am not sure I want to be around this crap!
BUT for me it now feels cliquey and secular and no longer the friendly forum, where those who were confused and in need of enlightenment could ask a simple questions! What is happening to BE? - I not sure but it needs to stop!!
The thing I notice more of these days is a small number of people who have nothing of value to say themselves but rather would spend their time prowling around threads looking for an opportunity to pounce upon other posters every time they see the slightest wording that is not sufficiently coated in sugar for their sensitivities. I am so over this nonsense and guess what the majority of people do appreciate good advice above "I have no idea but lots of hugs and kisses". I won't be changing what I do on here because of the minority of whingers. If you don't like it then hard luck.

And may I just point out that the people you would criticise are not the ones going around sending stupid PMs, picking fights, making personal attacks and levelling ridiculous accusations towards people they have never met.

Last edited by Bermudashorts; Jun 20th 2010 at 11:30 pm.
Old Jun 21st 2010, 4:18 am
HMP Queensland

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rahrah View Post
Not sure who that was aimed at, but maybe you should look at the amount of help given on here by some posters. Bermudashorts being a good example. Those of us who try and fit in posting immgration advice alongside a busy work schedule don't have time always to flower up the answer. I have also learnt recently that if you add loads of irrelevant detail, the questioner frequently misses the point! Hence my one word answer above - its a simple question, and the answer to it is "No".
The majority of us are not irritated by the more "basic" questions, because we all had to start somewhere.
What we are irritated by is people asking questions that are already addressed in a clear READ ME sticky - like "how long will my visa take" and people who constantly criticise us for anwering people's questions without hearts, flowers and a welcome mat. I remember being new on here, many years back, and I didn't care whether I got hearts and flowers, I just wanted an answer. Same as when I ask a question in the Immi forum now - forget flowery it up, leave that for the other forums. Just give a straightforward answer, keeps things clearer for everyone.

Now, iIf you have an issue with a post, please report it rather than discussing it on here, then if Admin feels someone is out of order in their method of reply, it'll be addressed. This subject is getting raised too often in here and drags too many threads off topic.
Old Jun 21st 2010, 5:35 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Well I think that as Sambagirl and jovipk have had definitive replies to their queries and now that the thread appears to have become a 'let's slag off the helpful posters' thread, it can safely be closed.

It would be a total shame if this has to happen every time someone asks a question and then gets the right answer but I'm sick and tired of so called 'helpful' posters just taking the opportunity to bitch about another poster without actually giving any advice themselves.

Thread closed.